2009 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Nice Car for the Price.

2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Nice Car for the Price.
By chevy4life1 on

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the car used at the Ford dealership where I work, so we were able to get less than what KBB suggested that it costs. We fell in love with the overall look to begin with. Both the sleak yet aggressive exterior and the luxury type interior. We have made a long distance run across two states on vacation so far, since we bought the car a month ago. It performed very well on hwy, we averaged around 27-28 due to hills and stop and go traffic. With the 2.4L it was a hesitation getting up hills and accelerating, so I slapped a Jet Performance module on there and saw improvement with acceleration and horsepower.

I love both the front end and the rear look of the car. Also the stylish wood grain on the interior. The instrument cluster seems better made, compared to what I was use to seeing in GM cars. The car rides like a dream and the steering is smooth.

The body reinforcement needs improving, the rear bumper is very flexible, not sturdy compared to other manufacturers. As mentioned by another the drink holders are positioned in wrong place between front seats. Also with other GM products simple repairs are made hard due to manufacturing, (headlights replacing a bulb...)