Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Overall good car
By PLG

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu LT 2.4l 4cyl. Ive only had it for a week and never thought id own an American car but so far im happy and impressed. It's a really sharp looking car with a comfy and stylish interior much better then the Camry or Accord. The engine has a great set up stuff is easy to access, I'm getting about 20 mpg city 29 hwy, it's quick not like my Subaru but good enough. The sport paddle shifters make it a bit more fun. It rides really smooth, it has a sportier suspension then the Camry which was big for me. The interior is a BIG improvement. Its very comfy, easy to clean, a lot of rear legroom, lots of cup holders and storage spaces. Overall its great car and would recommend

My favorite thing is the bluetooth and onstar, it's awesome. The headlights are actually bright, nice choice of wheel packages, the seats are large and comfy, nice sound system, lots of cup holders, the exterior body style is luxurious and sporty all in one. Remote start is okay. lots of storage spots

It has big blind spots and is hard to see out the back window. would like some handles to grab on and a rear seat center armrest. Back to the remote start its nice but I would rather buy an aftermarket one because it would work from 2000 ft away rather then 150 ft. For a 4 cyl better mpg

Not very satisfied
By mjenkins

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu brand new in 03/09 and I have had numerous problems. I am so tired of this car and wish I wouldn't have purchased it. It's only nice looking. I have had to have new brake pads, door replaced, battery, and now it's in the shop because the entire dashboard shut down and it's jerking continuously. I can't even drive my car. I will NEVER purchase another Chevy!

Satellite Radio,Indigo lighting at night

A car that does not have to be repaired EVERY month!

Chevy hits a home run *look out acura
By Scott

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 06 Acura and wow, what a much more quiet ride! I had a BMW in the past and the ride rivals a sedan costing 10k plus more.

overall design and gas mileage!

New Malibu
By Bowtie

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car over a year now, rides & handles great. Other than some tiny paint chips (from driving) on the alum wheels the car looks brand new. I am over 6 ft and the headroom is tight for me. I was sorry to see Chevy stopped offering the V6 for 2010 & 2011

Design, MPG and sunroof.

If I new of a dealership that was straight forward (no baloney) and had reliable, informative, and convenient and reasonably priced service, I'd by any car there Chevy, Ford whatever. I think the change needs to be at the dealership level for US cars to regain popularity.

just so-so
By GM

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is nothing special; many compare it to Camry - Camry is a so-so either; gas mileage is never better than 24MPG with 50% highway; city is 18-19 MPG; visibility problem with right turns - right side window column and the mirror block a great deal of view; poor body assembly - uneven gaps around hood, trunk, rear lights, rear fender; poor acceleration uphill from 70 MPH up - probably due to 4 speed transmission (the engine is OK); some radio knobs are less responsive than others; the steering wheel "clicker" that tuns off the turn light when a turn is complete misses 7 times out of 10; requires a lot of room for a U turn; trunk is big but its opening is small.

Quiet, roomy and comfortable inside; one of the best seats I ever had; the basic stereo system nevertheless has a great sound quality; good ride; seems to be well assembled in terms of mechanics; with non-abusive driving needs to have oil changed just once 10,000 miles or so.

gas mileage, body assembly, maneuverability, visibility, transmission