2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
I Love it!
By Fertt on 02/03/10 17:23 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great looking, safe and fuel efficient... What more can you say. It has great balance on the road and makes you safe as you drive.... Thank you for the best car from chevy

Malibu
By ed on 01/31/10 14:51 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very solid. You can tell chevy put a lot of attention redesigning the new malibu inside and out. Nice quiet comfortable ride. I opt for the v6..it has plenty of power but not the fastest v6 on the road. But it does fine. Gas mileage is above average. I wasn't sold on the six speed trans at first,(seems like its always changing gears) but very fun with the paddle shifters and now Im use to it. The interior is nicely laid out, and the radio features are easy to use. Being 6'1 it is a little tight getting in, for whatever reason the floor board sill is raised about 2 inches, not sure really why. The only other complaint torque steer..under heavy acceleration the car sways a little.

WONDERFUL CAR!
By Sabrina Schuurman on 01/29/10 21:42 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a wonderful car. Until test driving this car I could never truly say that any car called my name like this one did. You know when it feels right it just feels right. It's comfy, fun to drive, and plenty of leg room in the back for those growin' kids. Lots of trunk space and I can go all week on a tank of gas in town. Handles well, also has more power than I would expect for a 4 cyl. As for the style, it oozes "cool", especially the interior and the car's silhouette and rear styling. Can't find one thing wrong except my husband says he has poor visibility when driving it. I love it!!! While on the test drive the kids were like, "Yeah Mom, this one!".

NOT a Good Car
By zer on 01/27/10 14:07 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

On a quick test drive its difficult to see all the flaws, but, this car is an awful drive. It's difficult to stear and maneuver. There is no visibilty in the rear sides and front corners. Gas mileage is poor at best. My car is new and I average about 20 mpg with 80% highway driving. The trunk is the worst design! So anyone can break a front window and pop the trunk open with the driver's side button. The compartment design is also awful! It's a very large at first glance until you try to put luggage in there. The compartment is long and goes far back, but there is no depth to it, so, luggage gets stuck right near the opening.... All in all this car is very frustrating.. I feel very misled for the $

Fun 2 Drive
By DesiGuy on 01/24/10 17:48 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Malibu. After 5 months of driving, I would say its as good as Camry and Accord if not better. Exterior is far better then competitors.

can't see!
By jill wilson on 01/19/10 20:05 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

i like most things about this car but I'm SO frustrated with the visibility i'm looking for something to trade for. i can't believe the reviews for this car r so good with the visibility so bad. I'm 5',boyfriend 6'2 and he complains about the visib. also.its hard to get in and out of and half the time the door starts to close and pushes u back into the side of car. don't like how the center air vents in dash blow harder than outside vents.i have stated confidently to friends that i WILL have a wreck in this car because i can't see. its a shame that the visib. issue outweighs all its other pluses.if you r considering this car do some serious test-driving(lots of parking and changing lanes,etc

Very Happy
By Tyler on 01/14/10 11:27 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I didn't think I was going to get as many compliments on the car as I have, but, WOW! I have owned Mazda, and Nissan vehicles in the past and always thought that the "finish work" on the interior and exterior were better than the other Ford and GM vehicles I've owned. This is not the case with the Malibu. By far the best vehicle I've owned for fit and finish! The car also handles great in the Northern Wisconsin Snow and Ice. However, I enjoy the V6 power on the summer roads. There is a delay in downshifting but you learn to time the pedal. And when it goes to the floor the car moves! The gas mileage has been about right for the city driving and above average on the Highway.

like this car
By john on 12/24/09 09:51 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've driven this car for over a year. It's a nice,well built,comfortable car.I've had absolutely no problems with it. Most of my driving has been in-town. It seems a lot roomier than a good friends new Camry.

Chevy 2009 - Malibu
By ivan83 on 12/22/09 14:52 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my first Chevy Sedan after owning a Chevy truck for six years. The car is great. The look from outside is amazing. I get lots of compliments. It gives the look of a really nice high end car with out the high price.

A win for GM!
By Mike on 11/30/09 20:23 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is absolutely amazing. After taking a long road trip (over 1000 miles)in a Camry recently then driving this Malibu, I have to say there is no comparison. The Malibu felt 10X more premium and was so much more comfortable. The Camry just felt way too cheap in comparison and had no power at all especially when trying to merge on a highway. Highly recommend this car...GM has been on a roll lately!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.