Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Overall
By malibu13

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in the trunk opening and very, very disappointed in the gasmileage for a car rated at 48 mpg that gives something between 25 & 35 mpg depending on the length of drive and weather conditions. Why no driving lights on the LT2 model?

Rims
By stacy1966

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with the rims issue.Mine have made noise from the beginning so we had to take one off already and it was bent but still making a noise.
am also very disappointed on the gas mileage.I can't seem to keep gas in it and I only drive around 10 miles daily. anyone else with this problem.

Great Car! Very Reliable
By johnnycars22

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 3 years and I have over 98,000 miles. I have had no problems with the car, it's been extremely reliable.
I really enjoy owning an American product!

Fuel economy I average 30mpg, and it has a smooth ride compared to the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.

Automatic doors lock me inside
By kirby16

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu in March 2009. Started out great until winter. My doors started to bounce back open when shutting them. I took it to the garage and they said it just needed greased. I thought it was fixed (NOT). Shortly after the doors started to lock me inside. I pushed the OnStar button to unlock the doors and I could hear them unlock but the doors still would not open. My car has been in the garage multi times. 1) doors
2) transmission sensor (twice)
3) air bag sensor
4) tire pressure sensor
I'm ready to trade this Lemon in for a different vehicle.

OnStar - Turn by turn is wonderful

Nice Car for the Price.
By chevy4life1

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the car used at the Ford dealership where I work, so we were able to get less than what KBB suggested that it costs. We fell in love with the overall look to begin with. Both the sleak yet aggressive exterior and the luxury type interior.
We have made a long distance run across two states on vacation so far, since we bought the car a month ago. It performed very well on hwy, we averaged around 27-28 due to hills and stop and go traffic. With the 2.4L it was a hesitation getting up hills and accelerating, so I slapped a Jet Performance module on there and saw improvement with acceleration and horsepower.

I love both the front end and the rear look of the car. Also the stylish wood grain on the interior. The instrument cluster seems better made, compared to what I was use to seeing in GM cars. The car rides like a dream and the steering is smooth.

The body reinforcement needs improving, the rear bumper is very flexible, not sturdy compared to other manufacturers. As mentioned by another the drink holders are positioned in wrong place between front seats. Also with other GM products simple repairs are made hard due to manufacturing, (headlights replacing a bulb...)