2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Quality of the rims
By Brenda on 04/08/10 08:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my car in April 2009. Since that time I've needed to buy rims twice. I'm not a wild and crazy driver. I travel normal roads with plenty of other cars traveling the same. I have an older Malibu and loved it completely. This one the quality of the rims is a real turn-off. I find it impossible to believe my car is the only car that has problems with flimsy rims. I really hope others will comment so I can see if its an isolated problem or one others just have taken in stride.

Good and Bad
By KMH on 04/04/10 07:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The car has a strong engine and looks great in the metallic red color. Satellite radio is great also At 11,000 miles central steering linkage needed to be replaced-disappointing. Overall the car is a 7. It still does not measure up in quality to foreign offerings although they have slipped in quality and GM is finally moving in the right direction.

Not 'all that'
By Jamie on 03/23/10 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was dazzled by the shiny wheel covers when the salesman whipped it around the lot, and was tired of shopping for cars so I decided to buy it. The performance is okay, and as stated before,the car is nice to look at, the factory stereo sounds okay, and the car is a smooth ride. I had heard about the cheap plastic on the interior, but didn't realize how CHEAP it is. It scratches very easily. Also, the front window scratches easily too. The right front headlamp gets condensation behind the lens, and there is a rattle in the dash that happens when the gas is applied. The windows are too 'skinny', reducing visibility greatly. Yes, the trunk opening is too small. Paint is blotchy in spots.

Great Buy
By kycutie on 03/22/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had my Malibu for 2 months now. Love the interior and leaving in the snowlands have had wonderful experience with the handling in bad weather. I have no trouble with visibility at all and think this car is a GREAT buy for the money !

Much Better. Now refine it!
By Richard G on 03/16/10 20:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased the 6 cylinder LTZ version of the Malibu and was impressed with its styling, quality, and the price. GM has finally built a car that is on par if not better than its Asian competitors. Remember I said a car and that's the Chevy Malibu. Fortunately for GM Toyota beat itself which only leaves Honda and Hyundai to contend with. The Malibu is quick and dangerous off the line which great horsepower and nerve racking torque steer and wheel spin. Horsepower and front wheel drive system are not good bedfellows. The interior quality is good and the exterior design is very good but could use some tweaks. The engine is quiet but does groan nicely. Overall I recommend this car.

Good Choice
By Hehn on 03/09/10 08:23 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2009 LTZ V-6. The V-6 has outstanding performance. Mileage is avg 19. The fit and function are top notch. It has too many features to list. The Malibu is a smooth, quiet 1st class automobile. I would stack it up against Honda, Toyoda, and Ford any day of the week. I have 1800 miles on my Malibu. Changed the oil recently. Filter is reachable from top of engine compartment.

Very Satisfied to Date
By Mike on 03/04/10 21:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A great looking, powerful and fun to drive vehicle. The V6 packs a good punch and I have been pleasantly surprised with my 22 mpg city gas mileage. I am a geek and check at every fillup. I would expect to see between 28-30 on a long trip.

Lovin' every mile of it!
By momof2collegekids on 02/21/10 16:30 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We've got the 4 cylinder, with 6 speed automatic transmission. Owned it 9 months now. Plenty of power, great mpg. Love the interior lighting, the auto headlights, Onstar, the hands-free phone with the option of using our Verizon minutes. Hwy mpg was always over 30 on a 1200 mile trip. Husband says he likes all the info he gets from the Driver Info Center on the dash as well as the traction control here in snowy MN. With all the airbags and the crash test ratings, I feel very safe driving it. The sunroof, 18" chrome wheel package and the optional spoiler really make it a head-turner.

First Chevy - surprising car
By cawfebug on 02/11/10 10:49 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In the past I have bought mostly Ford and Honda's, but was attracted to the 'Bu by the styling. After driving most of the competition I thought I'd try the Chevy out, and was completely surprised. 15 years ago, I never bothered test driving a GM. The interior is a pleasure to be in, seats are supportive (headrest doesn't push your head forward as do many new Ford's), dashboard is simple and easy to understand. The quality of materials are excellent. The 2LT is the best value, with nice "leatherette/micro fiber" seats, and the luxurious touch of wood trim, accent interior lights. Gas mileage has been right on, and if you drive 65mph it's even better. The backseat and trunk have plenty of room

I Love it!
By Fertt on 02/03/10 17:23 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is great looking, safe and fuel efficient... What more can you say. It has great balance on the road and makes you safe as you drive.... Thank you for the best car from chevy

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.