3rd Malibu, Dissapointed
By randy394 on
2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I’ve been such a fan of Malibus that this was my 3rd one (also owned ’04 and ’06 Malibu LTs), but sadly, I’m not very satisfied this time around. At first, I was in love with this car. However, after 9 months, that satisfaction has turned to disappointment.
Favorite Features
Don’t get me wrong, there are many positives to the car. For starters, the car looks fantastic. The leather/suede seats are quite comfortable and the controls are easy to use. The quality of interior materials is nice as well. That’s where the positives end, unfortunately.
Suggested Improvements
My biggest frustration is probably the trunk. The opening is extremely small. I bought a new printer and the box wouldn’t fit. I also couldn’t fit my suitcase in it. Plus, the trunk floor is so weak that it sags down into the spare tire. The performance is disappointing. Granted, I came from a V6 201HP to this I4 169HP, but this car is very sluggish. Its adequate, but doesn’t hold a candle to my ’04 and ’06 models. The stereo isn’t anything to brag about either. It’s clear, but lacks any umph. Also, a minor nuisance is the controls for the heated seats digs into my left leg. Lastly, there are many blind spots, especially in the rear.