2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
If You Are Short Read On
By LoveChevy on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am 5' 2". I have the seat all the way up and almost completely forward. The steering is QUICK. Driving a GEO Prizm for many years was very different. Blind spots left and right passenger. As you can see I don't drive much but I have been told it is a car that can rack up the mileage and is still very dependable. Drove from PA to NM and it was very comfortable.

Overall good car
By PLG on 08/17/10 21:24 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu LT 2.4l 4cyl. Ive only had it for a week and never thought id own an American car but so far im happy and impressed. It's a really sharp looking car with a comfy and stylish interior much better then the Camry or Accord. The engine has a great set up stuff is easy to access, I'm getting about 20 mpg city 29 hwy, it's quick not like my Subaru but good enough. The sport paddle shifters make it a bit more fun. It rides really smooth, it has a sportier suspension then the Camry which was big for me. The interior is a BIG improvement. Its very comfy, easy to clean, a lot of rear legroom, lots of cup holders and storage spaces. Overall its great car and would recommend

Not very satisfied
By mjenkins on 08/17/10 08:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu brand new in 03/09 and I have had numerous problems. I am so tired of this car and wish I wouldn't have purchased it. It's only nice looking. I have had to have new brake pads, door replaced, battery, and now it's in the shop because the entire dashboard shut down and it's jerking continuously. I can't even drive my car. I will NEVER purchase another Chevy!

Chevy hits a home run *look out acura
By Scott on 07/25/10 06:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Traded a 06 Acura and wow, what a much more quiet ride! I had a BMW in the past and the ride rivals a sedan costing 10k plus more.

New Malibu
By Bowtie on 07/21/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car over a year now, rides & handles great. Other than some tiny paint chips (from driving) on the alum wheels the car looks brand new. I am over 6 ft and the headroom is tight for me. I was sorry to see Chevy stopped offering the V6 for 2010 & 2011

just so-so
By GM on 07/16/10 12:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car is nothing special; many compare it to Camry - Camry is a so-so either; gas mileage is never better than 24MPG with 50% highway; city is 18-19 MPG; visibility problem with right turns - right side window column and the mirror block a great deal of view; poor body assembly - uneven gaps around hood, trunk, rear lights, rear fender; poor acceleration uphill from 70 MPH up - probably due to 4 speed transmission (the engine is OK); some radio knobs are less responsive than others; the steering wheel "clicker" that tuns off the turn light when a turn is complete misses 7 times out of 10; requires a lot of room for a U turn; trunk is big but its opening is small.

Warranty Hog
By jackt on 06/21/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought Malibu LTZ V6 in June 2009. The car is very comfortable on road. It pushes badly on fast sweepers but I do not normally drive that fast. The power is a bit above adequate. The trunk opening is truly dismal. The "A" pillars offer a huge blind spot. Visibility is also poor to the rear. For me the visibility issue is the worst feature of the car. Four items have been replaced on warranty: right rear door window gasket, the steering column, power steering rack, and the intermediate steering shaft. The piece above the mirror that holds the sun roof and garage door controls had to be reattached. The V-6 in my '92 SHO was MUCH smoother the Malibu's

Great car so far!
By Sharmin on 06/01/10 14:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased a certified, pre-owned and so far it is fabulous! Great exterior look and very roomy interior with well placed instruments and controls. I am very short and he is very tall and neither one of us have problems driving or riding with comfort. Would definitely recommend this car!

Best of the Midsizers
By Sydspapa on 06/01/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Traded in a 1999 Olds Aurora that I loved but the air had died. I drove all midsizers and Malibu beats them all hands down. I am 6'4" and 265 and have no problems getting in and being comfortable. This car is the quietest and not sure about the reviews on the visibility as I have not experienced any of those issues but I look over my shoulder when I change lanes. Sound quality of the radio is good and trunk space is good as well. The 4 cyl engine with 4 speed tranny works just fine for my driving requirements. Very impressed with this car so far.

The LS is a Very Good Value
By Scott on 04/28/10 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Got the 4cyl. LS. Although the LS is the base trim the car is well equipped. I spend a lot of time on the interstate driving to work. The Malibu excels in this type of driving: it is very quit and gets good gas mileage. I have 35000 on my Malibu and have had zero problems. The OEM tires are still good. The driver seat has a small wear spot wher my wallet sits in my back pants pocket. For the money, this is a very good value. I need a reliable and pleasant vehicle to drive 90 miles everyday to work. The Malibu fits the bill.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.