2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
GM finally gets it right this time
By Les on 09/21/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle about a month ago and now have 1300 miles on the odometer. Fuel economy in combined city/highway driving has so far been below expectations at about 24 MPG. - the same as on my 6-cylinder BMW which is much more powerful. The car handles well and is very quiet. The black suede cloth interior is attractive and comfortable. The faux wood trim is tastefully done and understated. The dashboard controls are easy to use but I would have preferred to have the trip computer information made accessable and cleared by pushing and holding in the headlight stalk instead of looking for the right buttons to push.

Really nice car!
By Dave NJ on 09/16/08 18:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We traded in our '03 Malibu LS with 104,000 miles on it. No problems with the car, just miles. Our 09 Malibu 2LT is really nice. I can't get over how much better it handles and how quiet it is. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a well built fun to drive car. Chevy has really put together a nice vehicle!

Luxury Car and Fun to Drive
By Tony on 09/11/08 03:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 6 speed 2.4L v4 is definitely the way to go. It has great fuel economy and is built as good as a BMW in my opinion. It is great to see that you do not need the v6 (which I had in my last car) to get the quiet ride and good acceleration. I was looking for a good family 4-door sedan that would also be fun to drive back and forth on my long commute to work (on the congested roads of NJ). Based on my budget of 20-25K, I had considered many new cars and also a low mileage BMW used car. After test driving, the Malibu was the clear winner. My wife and I were actually shocked at how smooth and quiet the ride was (though tried to keep the smiles off our faces before negotiating the price).

Camry Can't Touch This
By Evan on 09/02/08 12:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased a Camry last year for my wife because I thought they were supposed to be reliable. Well the warranty was over in one year for us because we drive alot, then we had the interior panels falling apart and the thrash engine noises and slow downshifts. Since the reliability rumors obviously wernt true, we decided to go with the facts and choose GM because they had a warranty to back it, and we couldnt have made a better choice. The interior is gorgeous and very sturdy and soft feeling. The 4 cylinder is so smooth that at 70 you can hardly hear it. Our black one with factory 19's looks very cool and you really stand out. Its a sharp contrast to the very common and boring camry we had.

Love this car
By campbell on 08/21/08 11:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I did a lot of shopping around before purchasing my 09 Chevy Malibu. I have to say I fell in love with this car from the time I got behind the wheel. This car is by far the best in value and performance of other leading vehicles. I have the 2.4L4cyl and I am getting about 28 mpg on an average highway drive. It has enough horepower for me to take control of the highway driving. Love the new design of the Malibu, I have been asked by several people if the car was a BMW. This car has a European luxury style to it and looks sharp. The interior is very roomy and designed for comfort. You want options, this car has them. Love the free OnStar and the discount from the insurance company.

I love my 2009 Malibu LTZ V6!
By laurainlouisiana on 08/18/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've had my red Malibu LTZ V6 almost 2 weeks and I absolutely love it. It looks like a million bucks - everywhere I go people ask me, "What kind of car is that? It's so pretty!" It drives like a 4 door sports car and handles like a dream. So far it is getting 30-31 mpg on the hwy and 18-22 in the city. It seems to get a higher avg mpg as I get a few more miles on it. The OnStar nav is great as I have no sense of direction. The seats are beautiful and comfortable and the trunk is roomy enough for a trip for 4 for a few days in N.O. The elec plug in the back is awesome. Everyday I find more to love about this car! I feel like a celebrity when I drive it because everybody stares at it

Best all around car for the money
By REN on 08/17/08 07:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

What's not to like about the car. It has great looks, great interior, and great on gas. This is the first car we have owned in years (Its been all SUV's for 10 years) and we love it. Nice features on the LT2. Love the dash and blue accent lights. The only down side is that after only 2 days, we had all 4 rims stolen of the vehicle! So we had wheel locks and a "tilt" sensor added to the factory alarm.

2009 LT2 4 cylinder 6 spd. automatic
By BJN on 08/14/08 16:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2007 GM with a V6 so we were a little worried the 4 cyliner would not have enough power. To our surprise the 4 coupled with the 6 speed automatic has enough power but is also very quiet. The downshifts are subtle. Car runs 70 to 75 easily, gets excellent gas mileage getting 25 average with mostly intown so far and its only got 450 miles on it. I think when on a trip car will easily get in the mid 30 MPG range after full break in. Car is very comfortable

The clear winner in it's class.
By FINNS on 08/11/08 21:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I tested the Altima, Camry, Accord, Mazda 6, Sonata and Ford Fusion before deciding this car was the winner. Each car had its strengths and weaknesses with options and price, but for overall solid feeling ride quality, and value the Malibu beat them all, in our opinion. I had the opportunity to drive a 2008 LS rental for several months for work and thought it was great. Testing the 2009 LTZ with 6 speed transmission seemed like a different and much nicer car altogether! The interior is roomy and the cocoa/cashmere leather with wood accents is very attractive. The interior LED lighting is very soothing at night. Had strangers tell us how beautiful the car is/ask questions.

2009 Malibu LTZ 4cyl
By Tommy on 08/04/08 02:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car is so sweet to drive. 4 cyl 6 speed auto transmission. On highway 65MPH tach is under 2,000 RPM. Fit and finish is good. Also very quiet 18 inch wheels. Just a sweet ride all around

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.