Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

One Classy Family Hauler
By Bill

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The model we bought is not as indicated since the drop down menu did not let me select the V6 LTZ. We bought this Malibu with all of the options available including even the extra cost Red Jewel Tint paint that has a nice subdued gold metal flake built into the paint color. This is one very classy and upscale looking car especially with the two tone (mocha w/cashmere)leather interior. The car has gotten many compliments especially once people have ridden in it. It is very quick for a family sedan and the V6 seems to always be loafing unless pushed.

OnStar, 110V rear seat port, feeling of very solid build and especially with doors that close with that distinctive bank vault sound. Quiet, smooth w/firm ride not the mushy ride I experienced on a comparably equipped Camry. Seats provide good support without the hard feeling of the Accord.

Provide more options for upscale wheels although the ones on the LTZ model are attractive. So far we really love this car!

I know why people DO love this car
By JeffH

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Everything with this car has been a pleasant experience up to now. We love the interior of this car. The 2 tone look is very elegant looking. The ride is exceptionally quite. The car handles with ease. So far we are getting over 25mpg with mixed city and highway. We have not had any problems with the car up to now.

Interior Design / Gas Mileage / Bluetooth / Heated seats

Nothing we can think of at the moment.

I'd Buy One Again in a Second!
By David T.

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I replaced an old Jeep Cherokee with the Malibu because I needed something with more room and much better gas mileage. I don't regret it for a minute. It drives so much better than the Honda Accord and Hyundai Sonatas that I test drove. The interior is vault-like quiet, the 2.4 with the 6 speed transmission has plenty of power. The quality feel of the switch gear is first rate! I've been getting 22 mpg in town and between 31-35 on the highway depending on conditions and speed. So what's not to like? I love the looks of this car (LT1), but when I bought this, there was no aluminum wheel option. I understand there is now.

XM radio, 6 speed automatic, On-Star

Standard 6 speed automatic and aluminum wheels.

Couldn't be happier
By p&dflorida

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the second Malibu we have purchased and we are as happy with this one as previous. Quiet ride with exceptional interior room. Love all the aspects of the car. Have not had any problems with it.

Clean lines inside and out. Center Console was made for two people with all the cup holders. 4 cyc is as peppy as the 6. My favorite feature was the salesman.

Getting in the front drivers side is a little tight. Could use more door room

2009 Malibu 2LT 4 cyl
By Al Kraig

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Excellent Car. Rides and handles well. Fuel economy exceeds EPA estimates. It gets an honest 36 mpg on the open road and has an overall average (50/50 city/highway) of 29.5. It is exceedingly quiet from both road and wind noise. Minor gripes are: trunk opening size and no seat height adjustment on passenger seat. Prospective buyers for Camrys and Accords are well advised to drive the Malibu.

Quietness and fuel economy

Increase trunk opening. Provide a height adjustment on passenger seat

• SUV