2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Would only change one thing so far
By swt_h on 11/13/08 09:57 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Owned for a little over a month. Love almost everything about it, except - the seat hugs me, love the heat options in the seats and I haven't been able to all the station preprogram radio options. it seems that my legs are too long for the design of the seat and the height of the steering wheel. Getting in is not as comfy and quick. I have to sit and swing in. I have tried to adjust everything every which way. Also it's a little tight for car seat behind me.

Love my Malibu
By afs1234 on 11/12/08 19:50 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I switched to Japanese imports because of the poor experiences I've had with US car models. After reading the JD Power review on the new Malibu, and test driving every import model in this class, (Accord, Camry, Altima, Mazda6), I decided to take a chance again on a Chevy. The car is great! I love the quiet, smooth ride. The interior is well designed and very comfortable. And I was able to buy the features I wanted without having to upgrade to expensive features I didn't want. I also spoke to someone who use to work with GM and found out GM put a lot of work into making the Malibu a top quality car, which sold me on the concept that this car would last as long as the Asian imports.

Great car
By D Basney on 11/10/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Why pay more? This is a great car. It has a terrific sound and communications package, rides quiet and smooth and is fun to drive. I've had cars that cost twice as much that couldn't hold a candle to this car. Well done GM! A great value.

Happy American
By happy american on 11/07/08 15:36 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have brought a few American cars that have left me disappointed. After reading the reviews for the Malibu, I decided to give them one more try. Well I am extremely satisfied as well as impressed that it looks like Chevrolet really got it right. This car is loaded with plenty of cool options, is extremely fun and comfortable to drive. The looks are really nice as well. I got the jewel red color and it really sets off the car nicely. I am getting around 28 mpg avg which is great in the current economic times is really great. I highly recommed you at least test drive one of these cars if you are in the market for a mid size sedan.

Love it!
By BP on 10/31/08 10:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have only had the car a week, but so far I am very pleased. This is my first American car in 30 years. In interest of full discclosure, I did begin the decison process wanting to "buy American" this time, as long as I did not have to make too many concessions to quality, drive experience etc. that I have come to expcet from European and Japanese cars. No compromise in this vehicle I can detect so far! Thanks for getting this vehicle right GM!

Exceptional Mid-Size Sedan
By Alan on 10/27/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was an import owner for 20+ years before purchasing a Malibu. I was skeptical, even after a lot of research. But after 1500 miles, I'm really amazed. GM has done a great job. The interior is incredibly quiet. The interior styling is wonderful, especially in beige with suede seats. There's wonderful attention to detail everywhere inside. I especially like the ambient lighting. Controls and switches feel great, better than most imports I've driven. Performance is surprisingly good given the fuel economy. The suspension is a bit soft but ride is great. The engine is as refined as any 4 cylinder I've driven. The Malibu feels more like a luxury car than a family sedan.

This is the nicest car I have ever owned
By dizz on 10/15/08 04:03 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great on gas, quiet, great looking, handles like a dream. Very nice car. Looks like a BMW.

Great Car....almost
By Chandra on 10/14/08 17:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was a die hard fan of Japanese cars. And after working at GM, my guilt took over and I bought this car. It's been a month, and I drove about 1500 miles on the car, and I don't regret my decision. The car runs real smooth on the freeway with minimal noise. It has a feel of luxury sedans inside - quite roomy. If flying on the freeway is not what you intend, you won't regret owning this car.

Outstanding car made in the US
By John on 10/03/08 19:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased car about a month ago and enjoy every thing about it. The car ride and handles as good as my BMW. The leg room in front and rear is outstanding. The only thing that I would like to see added is a arm rest in the rear seat area.

Camry and Accord killer
By sesmalibu on 10/01/08 11:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We leased the all new 2009 Malibu. I have nothing but praise for GM for delivering this vehicle. The interiors are so nicely done and the car so silent on the highway that you feel like you are in a luxury sedan. The 4 cyclinder engine has ample power for interstate passing and gives excellent gas mileage. We averaged 33 on the highway and 26 in the city. Priced at just around 20K Malibu is an excellent choice for those bored with Japanese cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.