Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 186 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Buy American
By ken

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this Malibu after owning a 2004 version. The car is well built it has not made any visits to the dealer. I average about 29 mpg overall. The 6 speed auto is a must. A great car from GM

6 speed transmission, gas mileage, reliability.

Brake rotors still could be improved. starting to wear at 20k.

Best car ever
By gramps99

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought new in January 2009. I was attracted by the exterior styling, the two tone interior and the fuel economy. I like the quiet ride and overall feel of the car. With 9,500 miles on the car there are absolutely no problems. Fuel economy is better than the EPA rated. I live in a rural area & my city driving has very few stops. I keep an Excel spreadsheet for fuel economy and the calculated economy is even better than the readings on the dash. The lifetime fuel economy so far is 30.4 mpg overall. The 2.4 engine is quiet and reasonable for acceleration (not a hot rod).

Quiet, lots of standard features, nice sound system, great gas mileage, love both exterior and interior styling, reliable.

Drivers door opening is a little tight for getting in and out.

Too Much Good Stuff
By krs3087

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely love my new malibu! Last '09 on the lot...Handles well, plenty of get up and go, and I love the exterior design. I look forward to every drive I take.

The handling, front end design, illuminating lights on shifter and door handles, and remote start.

standard alloy wheels

Great Car
By Greg

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have owned this Mailbu for 5 months and love it. People constantly come up and compliment the car. I have owned several GM cars and I cannot understand why some people don't like them. They have all been good cars with lots of miles on them. However this Malibu is the best yet. I get well over 30 MPG on the highway and 23-25 in the city. Remote start is great...

Interior, blue tooth, smoothness of the engine, looks of the car, and it is a real American car with my money staying in the USA...

Really nothing, but maybe the fold flat passenger seat other GM products have and the interior air filter for allergies, otherwise nothing...

Very Happy
By bfair

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was a Honda man for years. My company requires that we drive an American Auto for business. After looking at all my options and driving many different cars, the Malibu won. I am extremely happy with what the Malibu offers and look forward to the many miles we will travel together.

Color (black) with Chrome accents, rims, OnStar, XM, and shift paddles