Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2009 Malibu 1LT 4cyl 6speed
By Heather

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car with trading in our Minivan cash for clunkers. The back seat fits our Britex carseat very well with plenty of leg room for our son. I like the controls easy to reach. The radio has 6 memories with 6 stations each which can be changed on the steering wheel. The remote start is great and easy to use with locking the keypad twice (turns on the alarm) & then pushing the remote start. The back seats fold down. We got a cargo net & mat package. The nets are great to keep items from rolling around. The driver seat has power seating.I was worried about the pick up and go and it does have this. Great rebates for 2009 models. For only owning it for less than 24hrs it is Great!

The leg room for the back seat passengers. There are several compartments through out the car. The pick up and go for a 4cyl 6spd. The radio with so many preset stations & the controls on the steering wheel. The auto lights they come on when needed as well as the rear lights. The door handle lights up

A lighter interior for a lighter car. Cup holders need to be bigger.

As good as advertised, if not, better.
By mjm

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

It is very quiet and comfortable. The interior is top-notch. The ambient lighting is just right. Gas mileage is good, I can get 34 highway, 24 city. The stereo sounds great, great channel separation. I keep hearing bad things about the trunk... the opening is smaller than most, but is large. I fit two adult bikes in the trunk, when I folded the seats down! I don't have to use a bike rack:) If you are thinking of a Camry, or Accord, take a look at this one, because it is indeed quieter than those. The build quality is excellent. The gaps in the body panels are minimal and consistent. The paint job is perfect, with not too much orange-peel, like I've seen on the camry and accord.

Air pressure monitor, Hands Free calling, USB+aux jacks, Power/heated Seats. 120v outlet, auto Dimming rearview, Storage compartment on top of the dash, Climate Control, steering wheel stereo controls, IPOD info shows up on stereo, remote start, On-Star diagnostics of car sent to my email.

body-side molding option for LTZ, backup warning system, dual-climate control, relocation of USB port to the center-console

One Classy Family Hauler
By Bill

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The model we bought is not as indicated since the drop down menu did not let me select the V6 LTZ. We bought this Malibu with all of the options available including even the extra cost Red Jewel Tint paint that has a nice subdued gold metal flake built into the paint color. This is one very classy and upscale looking car especially with the two tone (mocha w/cashmere)leather interior. The car has gotten many compliments especially once people have ridden in it. It is very quick for a family sedan and the V6 seems to always be loafing unless pushed.

OnStar, 110V rear seat port, feeling of very solid build and especially with doors that close with that distinctive bank vault sound. Quiet, smooth w/firm ride not the mushy ride I experienced on a comparably equipped Camry. Seats provide good support without the hard feeling of the Accord.

Provide more options for upscale wheels although the ones on the LTZ model are attractive. So far we really love this car!

I know why people DO love this car
By JeffH

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Everything with this car has been a pleasant experience up to now. We love the interior of this car. The 2 tone look is very elegant looking. The ride is exceptionally quite. The car handles with ease. So far we are getting over 25mpg with mixed city and highway. We have not had any problems with the car up to now.

Interior Design / Gas Mileage / Bluetooth / Heated seats

Nothing we can think of at the moment.

I'd Buy One Again in a Second!
By David T.

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I replaced an old Jeep Cherokee with the Malibu because I needed something with more room and much better gas mileage. I don't regret it for a minute. It drives so much better than the Honda Accord and Hyundai Sonatas that I test drove. The interior is vault-like quiet, the 2.4 with the 6 speed transmission has plenty of power. The quality feel of the switch gear is first rate! I've been getting 22 mpg in town and between 31-35 on the highway depending on conditions and speed. So what's not to like? I love the looks of this car (LT1), but when I bought this, there was no aluminum wheel option. I understand there is now.

XM radio, 6 speed automatic, On-Star

Standard 6 speed automatic and aluminum wheels.