2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great value
By chevy dude on 01/30/09 17:10 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car is beautiful. I can't stop looking at it. Oh yea, and it runs great too. I have an LT1 with dealer installed aftermarket heated leather seats. very comfortable.I've taken long rides, short rides, highway, back roads, rain sleet and snow and this vehicle never ceases to impress me. The OnStar service gives unmatched piece of mind and security. Before this I had an Oldsmobile Aurora and I thought that car was the best....I was wrong.

Good Job GM! This is more like it!
By Frank C. on 01/29/09 09:25 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just plain and simple, I wanted to buy an American car again, and in my opinion, this is one of the best American or Import cars I have seen. Outstanding build quality, in and out. A lot of car for the money, great incentives right now. Anyone considering a mid-size car, or any size for that matter, really needs to take a look at the Malibu. Let's give the guys from Detroit another chance America! They're finally trying to get it right. Hope it transcends to the rest of Chevy's line up in the future.

Great car
By Devils41 on 01/29/09 00:50 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Good car. I work at the dealership in which my wife bought it. Good car for someone who works there to buy one says a lot. I'm glad that chevy has upgraded these cars so much. Got the car for Employee pricing which was around $22,000. but it was the LT2 with black granite metallic, rear power package, titanium interior, premium sound and V6. Have to get the V6 it's not as noisy as the I4 and is really quick with 276HP. Good car considering one day it will be hard to fit the family in my Civic Si coupe. My Step dad who has only ever owned lexus says that this car is better than his RX330, he said it is a lot quieter and luxurious. Also thinking about getting one.

2009 Chevy Malibu
By kim on 01/25/09 06:57 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Aside from a few minor complaints about the interior finishings (they seem a little cheap) this is an awesome little car! It's fun to drive and delivers more than enough horsepower. It's also very quiet and comfortable. Add to that affordable and good mileage. I highly recommend this car.

About Time GM
By BWN on 01/21/09 15:32 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have just under 10,000 miles in a short period of time. Tight, comfortable, quiet, sure footed, and user friendly. When you consider the cost of this vehicle, it is a winner. Not a single problem with the car. It is an great midsize family sedan. I was nervous when I moved from my 06 Camry to this car. I'm now glad I did.

First Chevy since 1954
By Kansas City on 01/19/09 12:07 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Decided on the 2009 Malibu after looking at Camry, Accord, and Hyundai Genesis. This is the first Chevrolet we've owned since a 1954 Bel-Aire purchased in 1964. We've owned a Buick, Mercury, BMW, Acura, and several Ford trucks. This car was a replacement for a 2000 Chrysler 300M. My wife was skeptical about the 4 cyl. after driving the 300M for 8 years. She drove the 4 cyl. for a day and was impressed. I had voted for the fuel economy from the beginning. We are very satisfied with the car. We drive a car for 8-10 years primarily for local trips and put about 8k per year on it. However, with the price of gas decreasing---the 6 cyl. was tempting.

A contender
By pulciano on 01/14/09 20:26 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

So far so good! Real happy with purchase. V6 does the job. Exterior came a long way. Interior very classy and high end looking. It's about time GM became competitive with Chevy sedans.

Outstanding Buy
By hunt0694 on 01/13/09 16:15 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Anyone who believes that GM can't build a quality, fun-to-drive car at a resonable price should try the new Malibu. I've had a lot of cars but nothing this good for the money. I had no intention of getting a Malibu until I test drove it (I was set to buy a Camry.) The Chevy won in ride and performance, and interior styling was way better than the Toyota. And the deal being offered made it thousand less. I know everyone talks about how the Camry delivers more on resale, but you're paying way too much up front. And the Malibu is way more fun to drive. If you're on the fence about buying a mid-size car, do yourself a favor an drive the Malibu.

See Ya Toyota!
By pamemake on 01/09/09 12:00 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After much research and model shopping I finally made it into my local Chevy dealer. I took the Malibu 4 cylinder for a test drive and really liked it, until I took the 6 cylinder for a test drive. Wow! What a smooth ride. Very comfortable and tight. The car handled our pot-holes very nicely during the test drive. The ride was supple and controlled and the noise level was very very low. The car handled like a vehicle that should cost much more. Nicely appointed and fun to drive. I touch the gas and I go! No lag in the 6 cylinder. The 4 cylinder was a little laggy for me. After my test drive, I wanted the 6 cylinder. My Prius was boring and low powered and I couldn't wait to trade it in.

Solid Car for the price
By Tim on 01/08/09 12:51 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Very happy with the car. I did a lot of research and test drove many makes and models. Was able to get this for 7k under MSRP. Best value for the price. No problems as of yet

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.