Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Chevy making cars that appeal to people
By Andrew

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

One time in my teens I has to drive my Grandpas old 1997 Lumina for a year. I hated everything about it. It sucked gas, it turned like a bus, it had a giant V-6 with no power, it was ugly it, it was dated, the bench seats were terrible. The interior was from a bygone decade where you essentially had a couch in front of a slab of gray plastic with other black plastic bits stuck in haphazardly with no What I haven't told you is this was Grandpas brand new 1997 Lumina in 1997. I was a German car fanatic and I used to make jokes well at least a VW is not an American car.

Anyway we went to Vegas and we were given a rental car 2012 chevy malibu, I fought tooth and nail to not get a Chevy. Give me a Toyota, Nissan, anything but a Chevy. But the lady said it was spring break and the Malibu was a mid-size and I was waiting in line at 12:30 AM so I reluctantly took it. I went out to go get it and when I first saw it I though not too bad looking of a car. And then I opened it up and the interior design was so thoughtful it shocked me. There was an actual flowing design that was multicolored with accents and nice lighting. I was very surprised by every aspect of the car. My wife liked it and how it drove. in 2013 my wifes X5 finally became too expensive to repair. So we looked at Malibus and I found a 2009 LS with 80k miles and they only wanted $9k.

Fast forward 3 years the car goes in for maintenance 3 times a year and we generally do whatever Chevy recommends. Last year was about $800 dollars in repairs. Leaking transmission pan/transmission service tie rods and a tune up. The car has never failed us and has never needed a major repair. $1500 dollars in year in total maintenance is awesome. I used to pay $1500-$2000 year to service our 2 BMWs. I have actually thought of getting rid of my M3 and buying a Camaro SS or Vette just because of how reliable our Malibu has been. Were looking at getting my wife a 2016 Mailibu when our Malibu hits 200k miles roughly 2 years from now.

Cons: Visibility is hard at 45* looking diagonal out the front because the A pillar and mirror are so large, the visibility out the back is also poor. The trunk opening is small, and most large things need to go in the back seat. The whole front end has to come apart to change the light bulb but it's nothing a harbor freight socket set, some cold beer and a lazy Saturday can't fix. Chevy fixed these issues in later Malibus

Great Car
By Doug Barth

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I would definitely buy this car again, it has served us well.

2009 Malibu review
By mrvikes@msn.com

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A squeak in the front end that couldn't be located.

life saving
By thomas

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I want to thank the designers of the 2009 Chevy Malibu. We were in a bad car accident today and the car saved our lives it handels car accidents very well. We got tboned and everyone we shaken up but ok. It is just an amazing car overall

Chevy all the way
By Juana la Cubana

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my chevy at a used dealership. I saw the car and knew that car was going to be mine. I purchased the car at 91k miles. Now at 140K miles I haven't had a real issue. The car was and is well kept with the oil change,breaks. Only thing is that the accelerator is kinda slow to pick up to a high speed.

Changing the car light is a pain in the butt. Chevy was charging me 150.00 to change one light bulb because they had to remove the whole bumper. Lucky we know a guy who knows a guy that had a shop. We ended up paying 50.00 to change 2 light bulbs which isn't bad at all.

Love Chevy.
We have a Malibu and want a Silverado !!!