Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

UNRELIABLE DANGEROUS CAR FOR A CHILD!!!!
By kat9478

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for my 18 year old daughter. Less than a year after owning it, the ESC light is on, the Power steering light, the ABS and Traction Control lights are on. Everything that was recalled on other Malibu's is wrong with this car. Chevy claims it is not part of the recalled cars, even with the same problems. In the meantime, this car is scheduled for service to repair everything wrong with it, and after that, I'm trading it in on something more reliable. This car is dangerous, and if you are thinking about purchasing it for a child, RUN, don't walk away and purchase a different one.

Favorite Features

Cabin design is great, roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Do a broader recall, or buy theses deathtraps back!

WORST DESIGN EVER!!!
By ryanrobinson32

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate this design, I now hate Chevy and will spend the rest of my life talking against them!! I will never again buy another Chevy after this stupid design..... Not only can you NOT get to your headlights from the hood, to replace what was a quick 5 minute headlight... You know have to completely take the bumper off to replace a friggin headlight!!! Worst Design ever!! NEVER BUY CHEVY!!!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

ability to replace your own headlight through the hood like every other car in the world....

best car I've ever owned
By lovethiscar2

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had many brand new cars but this is the best. in the last five years I have driven my 2009 Malibu 138000 miles and not one problem. Not one. I replaced my tires and brakes at 75000 miles and the rear brakes still had 1/2 their life left. Everyday I thank my lucky stars for buying the Malibu and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

It is a cool looking car and handles like a dream. All around gas milage is 30-31 mpg. It is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

None

Rims
By stacy1966

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with the rims issue.Mine have made noise from the beginning so we had to take one off already and it was bent but still making a noise. am also very disappointed on the gas mileage.I can't seem to keep gas in it and I only drive around 10 miles daily. anyone else with this problem.

Great Car! Very Reliable
By johnnycars22

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my car for 3 years and I have over 98,000 miles. I have had no problems with the car, it's been extremely reliable. I really enjoy owning an American product!

Favorite Features

Fuel economy I average 30mpg, and it has a smooth ride compared to the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord.