Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT2 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 52 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2009 Malibu LT
By keli

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned this car for 6 years and 90k miles. Door locks replaced plus regular maintenance. It rides great and still looks good. Instead of trading up I just brought it in for scratch removal and some cosmetic repairs. In the winter it's good in the snow with snow tires. Average 25mpg.

Overall
By malibu13

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in the trunk opening and very, very disappointed in the gasmileage for a car rated at 48 mpg that gives something between 25 & 35 mpg depending on the length of drive and weather conditions. Why no driving lights on the LT2 model?

3rd Malibu, Dissapointed
By randy394

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve been such a fan of Malibus that this was my 3rd one (also owned ’04 and ’06 Malibu LTs), but sadly, I’m not very satisfied this time around. At first, I was in love with this car. However, after 9 months, that satisfaction has turned to disappointment.

Don’t get me wrong, there are many positives to the car. For starters, the car looks fantastic. The leather/suede seats are quite comfortable and the controls are easy to use. The quality of interior materials is nice as well. That’s where the positives end, unfortunately.

My biggest frustration is probably the trunk. The opening is extremely small. I bought a new printer and the box wouldn’t fit. I also couldn’t fit my suitcase in it. Plus, the trunk floor is so weak that it sags down into the spare tire. The performance is disappointing. Granted, I came from a V6 201HP to this I4 169HP, but this car is very sluggish. Its adequate, but doesn’t hold a candle to my ’04 and ’06 models. The stereo isn’t anything to brag about either. It’s clear, but lacks any umph. Also, a minor nuisance is the controls for the heated seats digs into my left leg. Lastly, there are many blind spots, especially in the rear.

Malibu 2009
By waistband

I bought this car in 2010 and haven't looked back
runs great not a glitch anywhere. the main reason for buying this car was gas milage. on hwy i get about 6.6/100 . i have 60.000 ks on the car the only thing i replaced were the front tires, had the brakes checked at the same time and there were only half worn. I did look at the fusion, but price wise the mailbu was cheaper.

Excited at first, not anymore...
By michstangfan

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Off the bat, I loved this car. Wanted a nice looking car that was fun to drive and good on gas, not to mention affordable. Interior and exterior styling are great and you can't beat the price. After driving the car for only 3 months now, it has been a nightmare. Windshield leak warranted an entire replacement of the windshield, heated seats stopped working, security light randomly comes on, transmission glitches and needs to be serviced monthly, wood (plastic) trim pops out of its clips. Biggest problem, high beam headlamp already burnt out and you have to remove the entire front end to access the bulbs! Oh and oil changes, forget doing them yourself, you'll need a special tool.

Bluetooth, ambient lighting, leather/suede seats, lots of storage.

Cheap interior plastic scuffs easily, mileage is not as advertised unless you baby the car, reliability has been nothing short of terrible. Will be selling this car shortly and going back to my Ford. Can't stress this enough GM, quality, quality, quality! Never again...