2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Overall
By malibu13 on 02/12/13 16:17 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very disappointed in the trunk opening and very, very disappointed in the gasmileage for a car rated at 48 mpg that gives something between 25 & 35 mpg depending on the length of drive and weather conditions. Why no driving lights on the LT2 model?

3rd Malibu, Dissapointed
By randy394 on 09/11/11 09:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I’ve been such a fan of Malibus that this was my 3rd one (also owned ’04 and ’06 Malibu LTs), but sadly, I’m not very satisfied this time around. At first, I was in love with this car. However, after 9 months, that satisfaction has turned to disappointment.

Malibu 2009
By waistband on 08/17/11 15:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car in 2010 and haven't looked back runs great not a glitch anywhere. the main reason for buying this car was gas milage. on hwy i get about 6.6/100 . i have 60.000 ks on the car the only thing i replaced were the front tires, had the brakes checked at the same time and there were only half worn. I did look at the fusion, but price wise the mailbu was cheaper.

Excited at first, not anymore...
By michstangfan on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Off the bat, I loved this car. Wanted a nice looking car that was fun to drive and good on gas, not to mention affordable. Interior and exterior styling are great and you can't beat the price. After driving the car for only 3 months now, it has been a nightmare. Windshield leak warranted an entire replacement of the windshield, heated seats stopped working, security light randomly comes on, transmission glitches and needs to be serviced monthly, wood (plastic) trim pops out of its clips. Biggest problem, high beam headlamp already burnt out and you have to remove the entire front end to access the bulbs! Oh and oil changes, forget doing them yourself, you'll need a special tool.

If You Are Short Read On
By LoveChevy on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am 5' 2". I have the seat all the way up and almost completely forward. The steering is QUICK. Driving a GEO Prizm for many years was very different. Blind spots left and right passenger. As you can see I don't drive much but I have been told it is a car that can rack up the mileage and is still very dependable. Drove from PA to NM and it was very comfortable.

New Malibu
By Bowtie on 07/21/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Have had the car over a year now, rides & handles great. Other than some tiny paint chips (from driving) on the alum wheels the car looks brand new. I am over 6 ft and the headroom is tight for me. I was sorry to see Chevy stopped offering the V6 for 2010 & 2011

Great Buy
By kycutie on 03/22/10 12:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had my Malibu for 2 months now. Love the interior and leaving in the snowlands have had wonderful experience with the handling in bad weather. I have no trouble with visibility at all and think this car is a GREAT buy for the money !

Very Satisfied to Date
By Mike on 03/04/10 21:35 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A great looking, powerful and fun to drive vehicle. The V6 packs a good punch and I have been pleasantly surprised with my 22 mpg city gas mileage. I am a geek and check at every fillup. I would expect to see between 28-30 on a long trip.

First Chevy - surprising car
By cawfebug on 02/11/10 10:49 AM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In the past I have bought mostly Ford and Honda's, but was attracted to the 'Bu by the styling. After driving most of the competition I thought I'd try the Chevy out, and was completely surprised. 15 years ago, I never bothered test driving a GM. The interior is a pleasure to be in, seats are supportive (headrest doesn't push your head forward as do many new Ford's), dashboard is simple and easy to understand. The quality of materials are excellent. The 2LT is the best value, with nice "leatherette/micro fiber" seats, and the luxurious touch of wood trim, accent interior lights. Gas mileage has been right on, and if you drive 65mph it's even better. The backseat and trunk have plenty of room

Chevy 2009 - Malibu
By ivan83 on 12/22/09 14:52 PM (PST)

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT2 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just got my first Chevy Sedan after owning a Chevy truck for six years. The car is great. The look from outside is amazing. I get lots of compliments. It gives the look of a really nice high end car with out the high price.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*