Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Malibu of Shame
By Brent Evans

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used 2009 Malibu LS for my daughter and have had nothing but trouble. Recall after recall for some odd reason does not apply to my car and I've spent well over $1000 to replace steering column, power steering, stability control, traction control module. The biggest joke on these cars is replacing the front headlights because you have to take off the front end to get to the headlights to replace the bulbs. I was determined to not take it to the dealer so my son and I found a YouTube Video and 1 hr later had one replaced. This is ridicules because on my Honda and Acura it takes me all of 3 minute tops!!! My stereo also quit working so I ordered one for a reasonable price on E-Bay but as you might imagine it's not just a swap. No that would be way too convenient. You have to schedule an appointment with the dealer to have it programmed which is around $45 labor charge. The Malibu is a great looking car and has good styling and features BUT Chevrolet and their engineers should be embarrassed they have produced such a mechanical FAILURE!! Chevrolet should recall every Malibu manufactured from 2009-2012 and admit the created a "LEMON"!

UNRELIABLE DANGEROUS CAR FOR A CHILD!!!!
By kat9478

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for my 18 year old daughter. Less than a year after owning it, the ESC light is on, the Power steering light, the ABS and Traction Control lights are on. Everything that was recalled on other Malibu's is wrong with this car. Chevy claims it is not part of the recalled cars, even with the same problems. In the meantime, this car is scheduled for service to repair everything wrong with it, and after that, I'm trading it in on something more reliable. This car is dangerous, and if you are thinking about purchasing it for a child, RUN, don't walk away and purchase a different one.

Cabin design is great, roomy and comfortable.

Do a broader recall, or buy theses deathtraps back!

WORST DESIGN EVER!!!
By ryanrobinson32

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate this design, I now hate Chevy and will spend the rest of my life talking against them!! I will never again buy another Chevy after this stupid design..... Not only can you NOT get to your headlights from the hood, to replace what was a quick 5 minute headlight... You know have to completely take the bumper off to replace a friggin headlight!!! Worst Design ever!! NEVER BUY CHEVY!!!!

none

ability to replace your own headlight through the hood like every other car in the world....

best car I've ever owned
By lovethiscar2

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had many brand new cars but this is the best. in the last five years I have driven my 2009 Malibu 138000 miles and not one problem. Not one. I replaced my tires and brakes at 75000 miles and the rear brakes still had 1/2 their life left. Everyday I thank my lucky stars for buying the Malibu and would buy another in a heartbeat.

It is a cool looking car and handles like a dream. All around gas milage is 30-31 mpg. It is fantastic.

None

Rims
By stacy1966

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with the rims issue.Mine have made noise from the beginning so we had to take one off already and it was bent but still making a noise. am also very disappointed on the gas mileage.I can't seem to keep gas in it and I only drive around 10 miles daily. anyone else with this problem.