Used 2009 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

UNRELIABLE DANGEROUS CAR FOR A CHILD!!!!
By kat9478

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car for my 18 year old daughter. Less than a year after owning it, the ESC light is on, the Power steering light, the ABS and Traction Control lights are on. Everything that was recalled on other Malibu's is wrong with this car. Chevy claims it is not part of the recalled cars, even with the same problems. In the meantime, this car is scheduled for service to repair everything wrong with it, and after that, I'm trading it in on something more reliable. This car is dangerous, and if you are thinking about purchasing it for a child, RUN, don't walk away and purchase a different one.

Favorite Features

Cabin design is great, roomy and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Do a broader recall, or buy theses deathtraps back!

V-6 Malibu 2009
By Raymond G. Hansen

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT1 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

V-6 auto, all options except tire press. monitor. Amazing highway mileage,36MPG Imperial gallon @ 110kph. 24,000 km. NO mech. problems

Favorite Features

Quiet ride, excellent smooth engine with lively performance. very good ride, with tires at 30 p.s.i., nice seats , large trunk but smallish opening into the trunk. "OnStar" is a good but somewhat xpensive feature .

Suggested Improvements

ALL WHEEL DRIVE

WORST DESIGN EVER!!!
By ryanrobinson32

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I hate this design, I now hate Chevy and will spend the rest of my life talking against them!! I will never again buy another Chevy after this stupid design..... Not only can you NOT get to your headlights from the hood, to replace what was a quick 5 minute headlight... You know have to completely take the bumper off to replace a friggin headlight!!! Worst Design ever!! NEVER BUY CHEVY!!!!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

ability to replace your own headlight through the hood like every other car in the world....

best car I've ever owned
By lovethiscar2

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had many brand new cars but this is the best. in the last five years I have driven my 2009 Malibu 138000 miles and not one problem. Not one. I replaced my tires and brakes at 75000 miles and the rear brakes still had 1/2 their life left. Everyday I thank my lucky stars for buying the Malibu and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Favorite Features

It is a cool looking car and handles like a dream. All around gas milage is 30-31 mpg. It is fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

None

Couldn't wait to get rid of it
By alfredcelmare

2009 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Problems (so far): Plastic rear bumper cover coming off -$350 to fix. Rear Passenger window not closing -$400. Factory Radio 'broken' does not work -$400. A/C, Fan will not blow in some settings -$600 Power Steering Pump Seal requires replacement -$1300.