2008 Chevrolet Malibu 2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/2LT Consumer Review - Love the car but dissappointment

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

LT Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic w/2LT)

Love the car but dissappointment sets in
By tilson on

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! It's a joy to drive. But at 55,000 miles I am having repetitive problems. Spent approx $1400 in repairs due the warranty is out in 2 years due to my required mileage. It is in the shop for the 3rd time for the same repairs. Traction service light keeps coming on, auto door lock failure, brake lights keep coming on when I am not pushing the brakes!! I have maintained this car with schedule maint. We keep our cars 10 or more years and have driven them in excess of 300,000 miles. Sadly I don't think this one will last 100,000. Repairs are expensive at the dealership. I am so disappointed. But do note that we also own a 2006 Silverado Truck and it has been a great vehicle!!

Favorite Features

Love the look. It is comfortable, the ride is so smooth. Plenty of room in trunk, I have had 2 car seats and a 14 yr old in the back seat without any trouble. Can't do without the OnStar! and the XM radio. Fix my car boys and you will have a winner!!

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is not what advertised but not bad either. Need a better warranty!! $1400 for repairs is steep in the 1st 2 years of ownership!!!!