Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Wiley
By Wiley

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I posted a review in November of '09 and I must admit that I thought highly of the car. In fact I loved it. That changed quickly. I was having problems with my brakes squeaking, now my steering wheel is making noises and when I make a right turn, something is scrubbing. My car has been in the shop for three weeks and I don't think they know what's wrong with it. They say they may have to replace my steering column. They call to ask was my car vibrating, I told them no, so I guess it is no. I have never had this many problems, especially with a brand new car. I will have had my car for 2 yrs. come July and I'm having all these problems now, thank God it's still under warranty.

The whole style of the car inside and out.

brakes, and steering column

Trouble from the word go!
By Britt

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu brand new in 2008 and owned it for 2 years before it caught fire stemming from the catalytic converter. The car first had a valve in the transmission not opening and closing. Then the catalytic converter and entire exhaust system went out. The door lock motor went out. My car went through 3 catalytic converters which were replaced by the dealership and 3 days after the last replacement the car caught fire and burned to the ground. I would not suggest this car to anyone. Beauty only goes so far! If you do purchase this vehicle please buy GAP insurance through your dealership!

Interior and exterior design, comfort level, the dim green lights that come on at night, and the sound system.

Everything mechanical!

so far so good
By scotty

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have put on 10000km so far on this car.Bought it used at 50000km. All in all its a great car, only issue so far is water in the headlight and squeaky front brakes, The tranny shifts rough sometimes. It will be interesting what the long term reliability of this car will be. great ride great gas mileage, 4 cyl works perfect. i wanted a turn key operation kinda car and so far so good.

engine, radio, seats, ride, looks, heater

6 speed which they have for 2010 4 cyl better visibility out the rear window

2008 Nightmare Malibu
By Melody

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased in May 2008, first shop visit was in May 2008. At 26K miles, the TRANSMISSION has been repaired! I have had numerous problems with this car, I have a LONG history report that I would post up if I knew how. Steering column, clunking noises, transmission, back bumper popping out, side panel popping out, squeaky brakes, etc! & today at 36,042 miles, the check engine light is on so the car is in the shop yet again! I just picked it up on Saturday at 29,800+ miles & last night at 36K "Bing" on comes the check engine light. I've had it with this car, too many problems! I was in love with it at first, but now it has become a nightmare! I am a very unhappy & unsatisfied customer!

Blue dim lights that light the car up at night.

I have quite a big list, all from the dealership for proof. Brakes, not even a year old and can't get rid of the squeak! Bad quality, bumpers keep popping out! So many!!

Absolutely Confident
By Thomas

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Red Malibu 2LT two years ago and could not be happier with it. I haven't had a single issue with it and I feel 100% confident that it will be a very reliable car. The interior is gorgeous with the two-tone cashmere/cocoa trim and the Red Jewel paint is awesome. I have received so many complements on this car and it never gets old.I am getting great gas mileage in combined driving and my car feels completely solid. The safety features in my Malibu make me feel very secure. I am especially pleased with the small details put into this car, such as accent lights by the inside door handles. I recommend this car to anyone looking for safe, reliable, and stylish transportation.

Design, two-tone interior, paint job, remote start, OnStar, interior accent lighting, fuel-efficiency, safety features, heated seats, auxiliary input, wheels, Chevy emblem on headlight/taillight bulbs, overall refinement

A light under the hood would be nice, heated windshield-washer fluid,