2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Incredible value, fun, and built strong
By Bryan on 02/02/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am thrilled with my Malibu LT. I got bored easily with Accord, Toyotas, Jetta, etc. Malibu is an excellent traveling car - rides securely, corners great; no bobble-head ride like in the 2009 Corolla XLE (same price!). It is quiet, with an excellent stereo (you can enjoy dance music) and cold A/C - not like the weak A/C on many cars. When I needed to tow a U-Haul, I bought a hitch and wiring for my Malibu - it's a secure and stable tower. That is because Malibu is a stout, well-engineered vehicle that has the extra braking strength, and suspension capability built-in. The interior looks more expensive than it is - same outside. I couldn't find a better sedan for the money. Pittsburgh won the 2009 Super Bowl - could they be better? The Malibu is a seriously great car. My family and friends like it too - even though they drive Nissan Altima, 3 series BMW, and Cadillac CTS. Did I mention the fuel mileage is good? Hint: Premium perks it up if you're in the mood.

2008 Malibu Transmision problem
By Tayle on 01/28/09 17:32 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When car reached around ten thousand miles it developed a problem with the transmission.When you try to maintain speed from forty miles per hour or higher the torque converter feels like it is engaging and disengaging from drive to overdrive continuously.The tach jumps about three or four hundred rpm up and down.You take your foot off the gas pedal for a second and then resume maintaning your speed and the problem goes away for a few miles if your lucky.The service manager at the dealership we bought the car from says this is normal.I don't know how anybody can say that is normal.Don't get me wrong my wife and I like the car except for the transmission issue.

Already There
By Malibu Dreaming on 01/24/09 21:30 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have really hesitated in buying a Chevrolet again. For the past 11 years I have bought imports because of what Chevrolet was making (Cavalier, Beretta, etc.). I have been needing a car to replace my Mazda. I first naturally started with a Mazda 3, which had looked good in the past. This car was gutless and did not really get great mileage. I also tried some of the other imports and was still not impressed. I finally tried the Chevrolet Malibu and I liked how it felt. The fit and finish was nice, the ride was not harsh and not too soft. I really enjoyed the stereo and the steering wheel controls. I am a finally proud to own a Chevrolet again!

Malibu 2LT w/3.6L
By D. Guidry on 01/04/09 10:54 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, I love driving it, quite and smooth. I have a 2LT w/3.6L, 18" wheels. This car has a lot of power and can really go fast. The interior is beautiful with the lighted door handles, easy to read dash, superior design, comfortable leather seats. I checked out and drove the Camry and the Impala before buying the Malibu and the others did not even come close.

Recap: Malibu the car with personality
By Tyral H on 01/01/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Ater now owning the Malibu for a year now. I do not regret buying it. Have not had any problems with car with about 27k miles it has been 100% reliable. However still feel for a sport enthusiast a hp rating of 270 would be more than suffice. You will not be disappointed in the least. Handling is great very quiet and comfortable ride.

Is excelent for that price
By dreicom on 12/24/08 03:05 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought LS model, but it has a 3.6L 6cyl motor and 17" wheels. It has good fuel economy (29-32 mil/gal) I like the interior design and the car is so quite inside and it has a great sound system. Some people told me the Malibu looks like an Acura, but you don't have to pay too much for the Malibu.

2008 LTZ 6 cyl Malibu
By Lisa on 12/23/08 17:44 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I Traded in 2004 Equinox for my Ltz Malibu this car is fast, fun and a big looker. I have white with brown/ tan nice combo, Seats are great fitting like a race car, driving in corners amazing on the grip. Not too good in snow unless you drive with manual. If I lived in a very snowy area I may have not purchased. But New England snow not too bad. Overall I love this car. It feels sturdy and safe and that's very imprtant

This isn't your old Malibu
By Malibu Man on 12/21/08 03:34 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my 4th Malibu. By far this is the best. First, the V6 offers up power and speed like no other (watch it). Its cockpit feel wraps you into the car. The dashboard layout and lighting is very cool. Very quiet and smooth ride. Everything is at your finger tips. The look is very impressive. I tried the Camry earlier in the year and it did not come close, especially the ride. The in and out of the seats is a bit hard, but once you're in, get ready for the ride. This is the best Malibu yet, a lot of rights, a little tweaking maybe needed.

I love my Malibu!
By sandy on 12/20/08 07:01 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Because I have four children I have driven a van for the last 25 years and I was looking for something like a Camry or Accord. The dealership owner, a friend of mine, knew I was looking and he delivered this car to my driveway. After test driving this car on the highway I fell in love with it. I look forward to driving it everyday. I love its pickup and go, I love the XM radio, the moon roof, the OnStar, the look and feel of the car. It is a very quiet, smooth ride and gets average of 33mpg. It makes this grandmother feel young again.

1 Year Later
By jp on 12/10/08 17:11 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's been a year since I got my Malibu. Overall a good car but sluggish on highways, very uninspiring, gets the job done without fanfare. Chassis is very long making it a pain to park in tight areas. Blind spot on passengers side, love the XM radio, hate the OnStar stuff that comes with the vehicle. Never use it or need! Very quiet on road, fan loud, AC/defrost/heater great. Difficult to back up, can't see how close you are to objects behind. For the money a good buy for a family of 4. It's not my kind of car but at the time it was the only thing I could get and I did not make a bad choice, all and all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.