Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Absolutely Confident
By Thomas

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Red Malibu 2LT two years ago and could not be happier with it. I haven't had a single issue with it and I feel 100% confident that it will be a very reliable car. The interior is gorgeous with the two-tone cashmere/cocoa trim and the Red Jewel paint is awesome. I have received so many complements on this car and it never gets old.I am getting great gas mileage in combined driving and my car feels completely solid. The safety features in my Malibu make me feel very secure. I am especially pleased with the small details put into this car, such as accent lights by the inside door handles. I recommend this car to anyone looking for safe, reliable, and stylish transportation.

Design, two-tone interior, paint job, remote start, OnStar, interior accent lighting, fuel-efficiency, safety features, heated seats, auxiliary input, wheels, Chevy emblem on headlight/taillight bulbs, overall refinement

A light under the hood would be nice, heated windshield-washer fluid,

Love the car but dissappointment sets in
By tilson

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my car! It's a joy to drive. But at 55,000 miles I am having repetitive problems. Spent approx $1400 in repairs due the warranty is out in 2 years due to my required mileage. It is in the shop for the 3rd time for the same repairs. Traction service light keeps coming on, auto door lock failure, brake lights keep coming on when I am not pushing the brakes!! I have maintained this car with schedule maint. We keep our cars 10 or more years and have driven them in excess of 300,000 miles. Sadly I don't think this one will last 100,000. Repairs are expensive at the dealership. I am so disappointed. But do note that we also own a 2006 Silverado Truck and it has been a great vehicle!!

Love the look. It is comfortable, the ride is so smooth. Plenty of room in trunk, I have had 2 car seats and a 14 yr old in the back seat without any trouble. Can't do without the OnStar! and the XM radio. Fix my car boys and you will have a winner!!

Gas mileage is not what advertised but not bad either. Need a better warranty!! $1400 for repairs is steep in the 1st 2 years of ownership!!!!

Still Love It
By VGB

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my car for 2 years now and still love it as much as the day I drove it home. This is the first car I have bought that I haven't been able to find something that I didn't like about it. I was looking at purchasing a Mercedes two years ago, but fell in love with the new design, inside and out, of the Malibu. I have had no regrets and have a lot more money left in my pocket than I would have had if I had bought a Mercedes. They really should have called it a Mali-Benz.

Design, XM Radio, Reliability

None

Love the Malibu
By slambertr

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased an '08 Malibu LTZ with V6, moonroof and leather seats. Love it! The Malibu is great looking inside and out and the V6 engine has great power. Gas mileage @ 20 mpg in city/highway combo driving. Only complaint - wish there was a little more rear seat room. Overall an excellent car - my wife drives a Maxima and the Chevy wins hands down. My daughter is still driving my old Impala with 110,000 miles - hoping for equal durability.

Exterior and interior style, quiet ride, powerful V6, heated leather seats, great sound system with XM.

Wish the V6 had a little better gas mileage, more rear seat room.

Won't Buy Chevrolet Again
By M. Spoagis

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the Malibu new and now have 7050 miles on it. At 7000 miles exactly the driver's door lock stopped working. Visited dealer and now have an appointment to have door lock motor replaced. I am amazed that something could go wrong at only 7000 miles on a car that was named "car of the year". I have had many cars over the years. I had a vehicle I bought used from Hertz and didn't have any problems for eight years. Prior to buying the Malibu, I had a Mazda for ten years that only had regular maintenance. I am completely disappointed with the Malibu. I am now worried about what will happen next. Maybe I should sell it before warranty expires.

Size

Install better quality door lock motors.