2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Fair Overall Waiting for Problems
By E.G. on 04/26/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Extremely poor visibility when backing due to limited window area and wide rear roof pillars. Center console had poor fit due to popping clips. Entire console had to be replaced. Steering at high speeds is very tight, causing light drifting. Rear folding seats don't go down flat enough for proper storage, and trunk height is too low. Pleasing body style and good paint quality.

Great Used Car!
By Ronny on 04/16/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 4 months and love it. The body styling and wheels, along with tinted windows, give it a sporty look that I appreciate. The ride is smooth, quiet, and the engine cruises at 70 without thinking. Watch your speed as you have plenty of power with the 6 cylinder. Heated leather seats are worth the money. Get them! Averaging 24 mpg on urban commute (40 miles round trip). Sound system is only downside as it sounds like a 'stock' radio, while rest of car says "premium." Small antenna also often can't keep weak FM signals. Have also noticed transmission hesitates for split second if step on it to merge. Takes getting used to, but then you are traveling 70 mph.

5ft tall
By deeply sadden on 03/29/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Malibu about 7 months, unable to see past the passenger side mirror and door frame (with a Pillow). I knew I would have this problem when I bought it just thought I needed a pillow. Well after forcing my self to drive the car (all of the 9 times that I have), I almost hit some one every time. I do love the car I just cannot see. Because of this safety hazard, I am unsatisfied with this car. My husband is the only person that drives it, unless I have to run around the corner or something and itís blocking my truck. I drive my old XL7. I cannot trade the car, I will be upside down $8000.00 just stuck with a cute car thatís just Cute to me. Do not buy if your 5'4 and under

Excellent All-around
By sillycat on 03/27/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have been driving this car for over a year now. Love it completely. Considering its weight against Camry and Accord, the gas mileage is super at both highway and local. The body style is stunning. When I was waiting for green, I got people on the next lane complimenting the car several times. The interior is better than Japanese cars also, in my opinion. Options are cheaper too. Engine is from Europe, very reliable. Car runs very smooth after a year. The only complaint I have is the trunk entry is a little bit narrow. I can not even put my laundry basket in.

if I could do it over, might not buy
By Angela on 03/22/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, if you have two kids then you need a larger vehicle. The trunk is deep but not high enough to get a double stroller in and out and it takes up half of the trunk. In fact you can't get much in due to the height of the trunk :( The shiny trim blinds you when the sun hits it. The mileage has not been great and have never got more than 26 mpg. As far as the paint job, it's poor! I have several factory runs. Chevrolet let that one slip through the factory. Are they sleeping on the job?

Great Car
By BJP on 03/16/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car about 4 months ago and I love it! The overall quality of the car is great. I could not ask for a better car. Great on gas, sleek design, roomy and comfy. Could not ask for a better car

Great Value
By Anthony on 02/13/09 07:27 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Malibu LT2 for about 4 months now. I am very pleased with the car, even with the 4 banger it still is able to get up and run if i ever need it and for the gas mileage I get 30-31 highway and 26-27 mix with about 60% highway. The leather seats with the suede fabric in the middle is what sold me on the car. It is silly luxury for a car at this price. I also love the hvac and stereo controls. They look good and are very easy to understand and use. I recently had someone try to break into my car by going through the driver side front window and they were not able to break their way through the laminated glass!

Malibu - good value
By Bill S on 02/10/09 20:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had the Malibu for about 6 months and 6000 miles. Wife & I use the car mostly on weekends & road trips. We both love the car because of the exterior and interior styling, and performance of the V6. Average fuel economy for all of my driving to date is 26+ MPG. Car color is Sandstone Metallic plus I have a pin strip down the sides. My LTZ draws attention from people driving much more expensive vehicles. The headlights are the best of any vehicle I've owned as the light is widespread evenly (not lumpy lights). We've enjoyed the remote start a few times this winter. No problems.

Transmission problems
By Dave on 02/10/09 19:41 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The car has just passed 13,000k's and started with a transmission problem (4 speed tranny). The revs jump up and down as many as 400 rpm when crusing regardless if your using cruse control or not. The dealership say they can't find anything wrong!! Also, the dash lights have a bad habbit of going out on a frequent basis, completley blacking out the instrument panal. Is there a recognized modification or repair for the tranny issue? Is there a lemon law in Canada?

We love our Malibu
By Greg on 02/09/09 15:32 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife and I have only owned our 2008 Malibu LTZ for a couple of months, but from what we have seen so far it is the nicest car we have ever owned. Being the top of the line Malibu, it has all kinds of neat features and so far they all work flawlessly. The car has great acceleration and takes the curves like it is glued to the road. It also gets great highway mileage. I topped off the tank until gas was at the top of the filler tube, drove 92 miles and topped it off again with only 2.8 gallons. That equates to about 32 mpg which is 6 mpg higher than the 26 mpg rating. The 92 mile trip was 95 percent freeway with the cruise set at 70 mph. This car also gets lots of looks!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.