2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
By Jim on 06/15/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a used 08 ltz, 6cyl with 21k. I like the look and the fit and finish of the interior with leather. The ride is impressive for a medium size car. The car handles well and the 6cyl pulls very good when asked to perform. I have put 5k miles on it and avg 25.5 mpg with a combination of city and highway driving. Overall I am very impressed with the car and only have two small complaints. One the roof line is very low and getting in and out you have to keep your head down (I am 6ft 1). Two when really pushing down hard on the gas the tires feel like they are in a groove and pull no matter what type of surface your on. Chevy has a winner in the malibu and there are no disappointments.

Not as great as Magazines say
By fastrevmd on 06/10/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Highway mileage is more like 27mpg than 30mpg that was posted on the sticker. I tested this accurately as I could possibly do but never came close to 30mpg. The power steering went out on mine the 1st week. Also the seats are not very comfortable, I had leather and still not comfortable.

Excellant LTZ, 4 cylinder, 6 speed
By don lee on 06/09/09 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like the amenities of the LTZ and especially the performance and fuel mileage of the 4 cylinder, 6 speed transmission. It's now 1 year and 9,500 miles old. My driving is stop and go in town and freeway around metroplex. The red jewel exterior turns heads everywhere and it has performed flawlessly. It's a great little car and one Chevrolet should be proud of.

Decent car
By Chris on 06/04/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My malibu LS has been a decent car. Not a horsepower machine or a handling dream, but it gets good mpg and has been reliable. The quietness of the ride is exceptional; virtually no wind noise. Still trying to get used to the four cylinder engine...first one I have ever owned.

I Love This Car
By JRF on 06/02/09 04:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in April 2008. This is my second Malibu-the other was a 2004 LT. This one is far superior to the 2004. I enjoy driving the car and have had no problems yet. I can't understand why anyone 5'4" would have problems seeing to drive the car-I'm 5'4" and see just fine. The car handles fine on the highway and in the city as well. I will recommend this car to anyone. No car is perfect, but Chevy got this one right.

Great Car for the Money
By krystin on 06/01/09 17:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Awesome car! I have the LT with the V6 and wheels from the Impala SS in Black Granite with Charcoal leather/suede interior. Engine is really powerful and ride is really nice. I just love the exterior, color is so pretty in the sun, and it looks like no other car. Interior is really nice too, love the dash layout. Very comfortable seats and extremely quiet. When idle, you can't tell the engine's running. I was going to get the LTZ but couldn't stand the two-tone interior. LT came with everything I wanted and was cheaper anyway. Overall, I love this car and it has a lot of features that are optional and/or cost extra on other cars like the heated seats and remote start.

Very poor quality build
By James on 05/26/09 17:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I saw this car and fell in love. It looks good, has lots of nice features and is fun to drive. The build quality however, is HORRIBLE. Here is a summary of all the warranty work: I've had the rotors machined 3 times, a new set of brake pads, bottom joints rusted - body shopped and re-rust proofed, drivers door rusted - body shopped and repainted, headlight filled with water - replaced, then came out of position and had to go in AGAIN, transmission seal leak - replaced, my passenger side heated seat has had 2 switches and a relay put in it, and it STILL is not fixed! It turns on whenever it wants. Steering column is now separating, remote start makes horrid knocking sound

I fell for a slick marketing campaign
By TDD on 05/12/09 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had abandoned Chevy in 2001, having back to back Nissans (Maxima & Altima) until 2008, when I was lured back to Chevy with heavy incentives. "The Car You Can't Ignore" ads were on every 5 minutes. The car was fun at first, but I swear it gets less responsive the more I drive it. Acceleration is reluctant, and steering is stiffer than when new. Just found out the steering gear is failing at only 16K miles. Rear seat doesn't latch properly, and if you stare at the sheet metal too hard, you can dent it with sheer will-power. (how did I get a door-ding on the roof?) No tactile response on the center stack; you have to take your eyes off the road to operate heater/radio. I tried, GM/Chevy......

Fair Overall Waiting for Problems
By E.G. on 04/26/09 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Extremely poor visibility when backing due to limited window area and wide rear roof pillars. Center console had poor fit due to popping clips. Entire console had to be replaced. Steering at high speeds is very tight, causing light drifting. Rear folding seats don't go down flat enough for proper storage, and trunk height is too low. Pleasing body style and good paint quality.

Great Used Car!
By Ronny on 04/16/09 17:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 4 months and love it. The body styling and wheels, along with tinted windows, give it a sporty look that I appreciate. The ride is smooth, quiet, and the engine cruises at 70 without thinking. Watch your speed as you have plenty of power with the 6 cylinder. Heated leather seats are worth the money. Get them! Averaging 24 mpg on urban commute (40 miles round trip). Sound system is only downside as it sounds like a 'stock' radio, while rest of car says "premium." Small antenna also often can't keep weak FM signals. Have also noticed transmission hesitates for split second if step on it to merge. Takes getting used to, but then you are traveling 70 mph.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.