Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

58,000 and still fun!
By Pete

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Days after I purchased my '08 Malibu the right front brake kept seizing. The dealer had it almost a month and still couldn't figure out the problem. Finally another dealer in Mesa watched me drive and found the problem: The steering wheel, which I put low, was pinching a cable. Within a week a new part was installed. No problems since. I drive approx 70 mi r/t daily, and the gas mileage is really good. Comfort and style fantastic. On a 2 week trip up to Tacoma I never tired. Love the Sat radio, Onstar, etc. I'd buy another in a few years.

XM radio, Onstar, seating, roominess, remote start.

The "six-year" battery doesn't last long in Arizona; trunk opening could be wider; depth is OK but hgt could be better in trunk.

Great overall car
By al

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 08 metallic black 2lt malibu. The exterior and interior are great looking, i have had people misjudge my malibu to be a Mercedes numerous times. car looks like it should cost a lot more. The 4cylinder is not a performance motor at all, gas mileage is decent in city 24.6 average but it is great on the highway. I can drive from new jersey to north carolina on 1 tank of gas. I have not had any quality issues, very reliable, trustworthy car. At 37,000 miles the car finally seems to have broken in it runs great I LOVE IT!

XM, Onstar, interior, seats, exterior all the chrome accents, chevy symbols in the lights

radio, engine power, trunk opening is too small, seat belt is to low for a tall driver

Good design, Poor quality
By JImbo

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had 08 Malibu for 2 years. Fun to drive and ride, but overall quality poor. Problems so far include left front bearing, right front axle, trans seal, wiper motor, computer program, numerous rattles, and the latest is leak in back floorboard that non can find. Good design, but very poor quality. 2nd Chevy with quality problems, will never own another. Car has been in the shop 5 times in 2 years.

Good gas mileage, driving comfort, fun to drive.

Better quality control. Better mechanical construction.

I Still Love My Malibu!
By Bellemom

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I decided to buy a new car, I went back and forth between the Malibu and the Accord. I can't express how happy I am that I stayed loyal to the GM brand. My husband suggested I wait to write my review until I owned it for a longer period of time. I was ready to rave after week 1. Well, it's been well over 2 years and I am still raving. It's so fun to drive and I still look at it and think, That's a great looking car - inside and out. I have gotten many compliments on it. The ONLY things are I don't like about it: gas mileage not as great as I would like, and not sure how comfortable it would be on a long distance drive. The seats could probably have a little more support.

The interior is very eye catching. Auxiliary input jack for my i-pod. Nice, roomy trunk.

More comfortable seating

I love this car!
By My 'BU

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So after an exhausting search of people movers I decided to get the Malibu. I didn't want new; let someone else worry about the depreciation. I wanted low miles and an extended warranty. My malibu is a 2.4 liter ltz. The exterior style is aggressive yet stylish. I love the nose and the rims. The interior with the 2 tone leather is so cool. The heated adjustable seats are amazing... a little firm but comfortable. The radio is awesome. Lots of bass and just loud enough. The lite blue gauges look soothing and the tachometer and sport shifter gives the car a sporty feel. The shifter makes the 2.4 seem quicker but the car is slow to pass A little rough on bumps and the steering is a little vague.

Exterior/interior styling. Leather seats. Radio. Sunroof

More powerful engine. Bought the car used with price in mind. I wish I had the 6 cylinder. No handle to lift the trunk I grab the tail light. I just bought the car so I cant honestly rate the reliability. Bought it with 22,000 miles and opted fer the extended warranty.