Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Still Lovin It - 3 Years Later
By VGB

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my malibu for 3 full years now and I still love everything about it as much as I did when I wrote the first review. I have had no problems with anything and it still looks and drives like a brand new car. I never had any problems with air in the tires, but I did switch to nitrogen back in January of this year, only because I had heard good things about it. Haven't had any problems since I switched. After owning this car for 3 years now, I would still highly recommend it to anyone looking to get the most bang for their buck and wouldn't sell mine if I was offered twice as much as I paid for it.

Design, inside and out. I especially like the ebony/brick interior. Black granite exterior is awesome. XM radio is nice too.

None worth mentioning.

I Absolutely love my 2008 Malibu LTZ!
By Dee

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ in June 2008. I have the Jewel Red Coat. I absolutely love this car! The body style is still turning heads after two years! My two toned leather seats are beautiful! I have the v6 version and it is extremely fast with excellent acceleration! I have never written a review for anything that I have purchased, but definitely felt the need to write one on this lovely vehicle! I have 47,000 miles on my vehicle and have not had ANY problems. As long as you get regular oil changes and maintenance on your vehicle, your car will be good to you!

Body Style, Two Toned seats,Illuminating interior lights are really pretty at night! Paddles to drive manual are great! Love the fact that you can rewind a CD! This car does not ding easily. I do not have one door ding and I drive the highway everyday! Absolutely Love this car!

The stereo system could be of better quality but it's Ok. Performance tires for this vehicle are very expensive! Fuel economy could be a little better!

58,000 and still fun!
By Pete

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Days after I purchased my '08 Malibu the right front brake kept seizing. The dealer had it almost a month and still couldn't figure out the problem. Finally another dealer in Mesa watched me drive and found the problem: The steering wheel, which I put low, was pinching a cable. Within a week a new part was installed. No problems since. I drive approx 70 mi r/t daily, and the gas mileage is really good. Comfort and style fantastic. On a 2 week trip up to Tacoma I never tired. Love the Sat radio, Onstar, etc. I'd buy another in a few years.

XM radio, Onstar, seating, roominess, remote start.

The "six-year" battery doesn't last long in Arizona; trunk opening could be wider; depth is OK but hgt could be better in trunk.

Great overall car
By al

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 08 metallic black 2lt malibu. The exterior and interior are great looking, i have had people misjudge my malibu to be a Mercedes numerous times. car looks like it should cost a lot more. The 4cylinder is not a performance motor at all, gas mileage is decent in city 24.6 average but it is great on the highway. I can drive from new jersey to north carolina on 1 tank of gas. I have not had any quality issues, very reliable, trustworthy car. At 37,000 miles the car finally seems to have broken in it runs great I LOVE IT!

XM, Onstar, interior, seats, exterior all the chrome accents, chevy symbols in the lights

radio, engine power, trunk opening is too small, seat belt is to low for a tall driver

Good design, Poor quality
By JImbo

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had 08 Malibu for 2 years. Fun to drive and ride, but overall quality poor. Problems so far include left front bearing, right front axle, trans seal, wiper motor, computer program, numerous rattles, and the latest is leak in back floorboard that non can find. Good design, but very poor quality. 2nd Chevy with quality problems, will never own another. Car has been in the shop 5 times in 2 years.

Good gas mileage, driving comfort, fun to drive.

Better quality control. Better mechanical construction.

• SUV