2008 Chevrolet Malibu Fleet Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2008 Malibu Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Sort Reviews by

Attractive!!1
By wiley

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Malibu new.The commercials attracted me to this car. I went looking for a Camry, but that car caught my attention. I get so many compliments on this car. Every one tells me it look like a more expensive car, not a Malibu. My only complaints are the brakes squeak so bad and it wasn't even a yr. old and the replacement windshield wiper blade is too expensive. Other than that, I love my car. I'm really a Ford person, but I like the Malibu. So far I'm enjoying the ride!

Favorite Features

The two-tone interior is very attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the brakes and the the windshield wiper blade

Average, not all its touted!
By John

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car when it first came out, there were only 3 on the lot to choose from. Gas mileage is no where close to the commercials. Too small, if you have children, stay away from this car. one car seat and that's about it for the back seat. one stroller in the trunk and no more for the trunk. have been to shop on numerous occasions for brake issues, was sat down by the shop manager and told, "that's just how it is, sorry." Cannot wait til lease ends to get rid of it! will not buy a GM again, first and last experience!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling sold me

Suggested Improvements

ride comfort, needed space and headroom. Trunk opening too small to even access all space available. Shifts hard for a new car. cheap feeling interior plastics, that parts fall off of.

I LOVE this car!!!!!
By PattyE

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Chevy used with a little over 18K miles. I fell in love with it when I saw it on the Web and even more so once I took it for a test drive. We've had a problem with the Power Steering and had to have the Steering Column replaced (under Warranty) but not even that makes me sorry for choosing this car. My husband is 6'3" and my son if 6'1". Both of them have plenty of leg room. The color is great, Pewter Gray with Gold iridescent. This is a sleek looking and driving machine. Good going Chevy.

Favorite Features

Body style and everything inside.

2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ is junk
By Anne Marie

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I fell in love with this car when it was first launched and really wanted to have one. I thought I was lucky when I got a used one with 13000km on it. It was a gm employee demo car. At 22,000 the car started to pull to the right, dealer couldn't find a problem. At 27000km it was out of line and I had to pay $200 for have cambers installed in order to line it up properly. At 29000km the fan is beginning to go on it. Its a piece of junk. Certainly not worthy of car of the year.It will be my last GM vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Gm needs to start building better vehicles.

Until GM improves quality: DON'T BUY
By DontBuy08

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Initially, I was a big fan of this car. At about the 5 month mark it simply started to fall apart. I maintain my car to perfection but this car has been in the shop for warranty repairs 7 different times for 7 different reasons. Everything from steering column to the bumper coming loose to computer ships going bad. This car has been an absolute nightmare from the beginning.

Favorite Features

Design

Suggested Improvements

Quality

I Lud Dis Car
By Jake50

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Car. I was originally a Truck guy, But after test driving the malibu i fell in Love.I Bought a LS model with 19500 Miles On it. The 3.5 L V6 Is a must good power acceleration can use some improvement but all around Awesome. Clean car... All my Friends envy the styling of it....Chrome lined Just all Around a must Bye! Highly Recommend!

Favorite Features

Interior,Chrome,Body Styling, Tail Lights

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration...

Malibu, a job well done
By Tee

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Well I guess the days of new car first service lists is over! Drove it out of the dealers lots and been going ever since. No complaints here, and i can be a little picky on my cars. For as much as cars cost today it's a true value and stylish to boot. And an added kicker, 20mpg in town and 29 highway loaded up on a trip, well above the mfgs stated economy. This is with the 252 hp v-6. Love the car and @ 63years old I've been through a few. Keep it coming GM, well done

Favorite Features

car is amazing, LTZ is just right for me!

Suggested Improvements

Make it so the headlights can be serviced easier, and H.I.D.'s would be nice.

2008 Chevy Malibu LS is a great car!
By Jack

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever had! I selected it for safety, reliability, and overall economy without even driving it. I was shocked how beautiful the interior is and how well it drives. Way better than Camry or Accord!

Favorite Features

XM radio and phone, beautiful interior

Suggested Improvements

Add a low displacement turbo version: 1.8-2.0L maybe, for fuel economy

Worth Every Penny!!
By Tom W

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2008 Malibu LTZ 6 months ago and since then I've received no less than 8 compliments on the vehicle from total strangers. I stopped keeping track after a while, but one guy wouldn't believe it was a Chevy and a girl at a drive-thru practically climbed through the drive-thru window to admire the two-tone interior. Runs great, handles great, and looks great. Worth every penny in my opinion!

Favorite Features

Love the two-tone leather interior, 3.6 L V6, six-speed transmission, XM Radio, and On Star Navigation.

thrilled with my used malibu lt
By Brett

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used Malibu LT with 18,100 miles on it and have had for just over four months. Car has been great...I have a 100 mile daily commute (roundtrip) and have put 12,000 miles on the car in 4 months. Zero problems. Car has been terrific. XM is great, interior looks awesome and the ride is very smooth if you put up your windows you hear nothing outside. This was my first car purchase and I am beyond happy with it so far.