Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

By aardvarkadillo

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Chevy got the outward appearances right.
The inside?
Good, but not great.

I bought this car in 2009 ("NEW"), and have put 15,001 miles on it.
It now sits in my garage.

Why?
The steering problems are serious enough that the dealership has replaced the rack and pinion FOUR times.
Yes, four times.

My dealership has been great, in multiple efforts to cure the steering problems.
The noise and feedback are so severe that they've done everything under the hood they can-- hoses, filters, fittings, the MOTOR MOUNTS, and so on.........

The dealer has tried calling GM engineers, and no solution has been found.

What is the word for this???
Lime?

The body is great! General fit and finish is much better than Chevy had 10 years ago. Brakes stop in a fair distance, and dead straight. OnStar is terrific! The stereo is excellent.

Build the mechanical components better. Support your dealers with better Technical Assistance. Redesign the rear of the cabin, so that visibility is better when backing up the car.

Worst Car Ever!
By Worse Car

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am currently leasing this car and hate it....I have had issues with the locks not working on every door, and issues with the drivers side door not opening from the inside or outside. The doom light has been making noise and every time I take it in they can not find what is wrong. Now I need new brakes and rotors and my car is only two years old. Plus there is a knocking noise in the steering wheel. I hate this car.

Gas mileage is good.

I do not even know where to start. I have had issues with this car since I started leasing it in May of 2008.

Still Lovin It - 3 Years Later
By VGB

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my malibu for 3 full years now and I still love everything about it as much as I did when I wrote the first review. I have had no problems with anything and it still looks and drives like a brand new car. I never had any problems with air in the tires, but I did switch to nitrogen back in January of this year, only because I had heard good things about it. Haven't had any problems since I switched. After owning this car for 3 years now, I would still highly recommend it to anyone looking to get the most bang for their buck and wouldn't sell mine if I was offered twice as much as I paid for it.

Design, inside and out. I especially like the ebony/brick interior. Black granite exterior is awesome. XM radio is nice too.

None worth mentioning.

I Absolutely love my 2008 Malibu LTZ!
By Dee

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ in June 2008. I have the Jewel Red Coat. I absolutely love this car! The body style is still turning heads after two years! My two toned leather seats are beautiful! I have the v6 version and it is extremely fast with excellent acceleration! I have never written a review for anything that I have purchased, but definitely felt the need to write one on this lovely vehicle! I have 47,000 miles on my vehicle and have not had ANY problems. As long as you get regular oil changes and maintenance on your vehicle, your car will be good to you!

Body Style, Two Toned seats,Illuminating interior lights are really pretty at night! Paddles to drive manual are great! Love the fact that you can rewind a CD! This car does not ding easily. I do not have one door ding and I drive the highway everyday! Absolutely Love this car!

The stereo system could be of better quality but it's Ok. Performance tires for this vehicle are very expensive! Fuel economy could be a little better!

58,000 and still fun!
By Pete

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Days after I purchased my '08 Malibu the right front brake kept seizing. The dealer had it almost a month and still couldn't figure out the problem. Finally another dealer in Mesa watched me drive and found the problem: The steering wheel, which I put low, was pinching a cable. Within a week a new part was installed. No problems since. I drive approx 70 mi r/t daily, and the gas mileage is really good. Comfort and style fantastic. On a 2 week trip up to Tacoma I never tired. Love the Sat radio, Onstar, etc. I'd buy another in a few years.

XM radio, Onstar, seating, roominess, remote start.

The "six-year" battery doesn't last long in Arizona; trunk opening could be wider; depth is OK but hgt could be better in trunk.