Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Not Happy!
By wiley4

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have always been a Ford buyer, but when I seen the new 2008 Malibu, I had to have it. I became very disappointed after a short while. If I could get rid of this car, I would never buy another chevrolet car, truck, etc. It looks good, but it drives so rough. You feel every little bump. This car has been in the shop several times and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Whenever it rains, my floor becomes soaking wet on the driver side. My whole steering column has been replaced and it's still not driving right. Some time I wish I could total it out without anyone getting hurt or killed. That's just how much I hate this car. I will never buy another Chevy.

Favorite Features

I do like the style of the car, the color and the interior. Everybody thought I had the inside customized when I first got it. That was one of the reason I got it. Everybody think that my car is a more luxury car, not a Malibu. I bought the black LTZ and it was loaded. It looks good, but to me it's not worth a quarter.

Suggested Improvements

It need to ride more smoother, brakes need to be better, it needs a lot of improvements.

Expectations fall very short
By pkfloyd66

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I bought this car in 2008 I was very impressed with its styling and interior. However over time it really got frustrating. Poorly built and poor design. Power locks driver side and rear don't work. The fact you have to take the entire front end off to change out the headlights is another way for the dealer to make money. The passenger side make up mirror cover fell of within a year of having the car. Sensors continue to go off for tire pressure in the heat. Very disappointed overall. Both remotes stopped working by end of year one, which according to the dealer is a known issue.

Favorite Features

Car drives well, the V6 Engine is powerful. Not a whole lot of body roll in corners, but not the best.

Suggested Improvements

Take notice of the details, to have to take the front bumper off the car to change the headlights is a very poor design. The lack of quality with the interior of the car is upsetting and the remotes not working is very frustrating.

Unsatisfied with Malibu
By vectorer

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car is not completely bad. It is a great car for highway trip, Extremely comfortable for 4 people, good trunk space. the 4 cyl engine is very good on power and economy, cannot imagine the car with the V-6. Great looks in and out.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, sound system, sunroof. Great driver's seat and adjutable sterring column/wheel.

Suggested Improvements

Horrible on reliability of some components. I have replaced three door latches (power door lock actuator built into the basic latch). My right rear floor kept getting wet, took it to the dealer three times. They finally "fixed" it, by drilling a hole in the floor (no, not kidding). Very wide turning radius. Right windshield wiper deposits all it cleans in front of the driver's field of vision. I am 5'11" tall and hit my head on the way into the seat on the roof, OK after I am in.

Was great!
By cassin

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for 3 years bought it with about 10k miles. Now has 49k miles on it, just got tires and they tell me the ball joints are bad and surprised the tire hasnt fallen off yet. The car has made a popping noise, the steering wheel isnt straight and the locks on the back doors do not work...well sometimes the driver side back lock will open but not lock back. Over all the amount of money for the car for the value isnt great, i have had other cheaper cars that havent had any problems like this.

Favorite Features

The car design its self. Mainly the looks of the front end.

Suggested Improvements

Steering, warranty and customer service.

GREAT CAR
By vipervenom11

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just got a Chevy Malibu LTZ and it runs great. i love the style the ride quality and everything about it. I highly recommend this for anybody wanting a nice for a reasonable price.