2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
2008 Malibu, a Great American Car
By TWCHAMBERS on 12/08/07 03:27 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great American Car, I own a feed store in Cullman, Al. This is my first new Chevy purchase, I looked at Pontiac, Ford, Toyota, Honda, and Nissan, as a buyer this was the most bang for the buck. What a great car for the money. It is stylish and fun to drive and gets better fuel economy than that big ole 1996 Cadillac I traded in. Chevy and GM got this one right. Good value for your dollar!

Mali-Benz
By Vicki on 12/03/07 14:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Malibu really should have been renamed to Mali-Benz. I love everything about this car inside and out. It looks great, drives great and the price is great. I usually trade cars every 2 to 3 years, but I don't think I'm going to want to give this one up ever.

Well worth the wait
By car nut on 12/01/07 22:40 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Best American car that has come out in years. I have owned a lot of Japenese cars, and this Malibu surpasses them all. GM really has it going on with the style. I have been following this car on the internet for almost a year and it really has lived up to all of the hype and the reviews. It seems to be a well thought out and well crafted car. Seems solid, looks good and does not feel cheap and plasticky like American cars of the past. Took alot of homework on my part to buy this car, and I am glad that I did! Proud to say now, that I am glad that I bought American! Way to go, GM!

Dave's Review
By dbosco on 11/29/07 18:39 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned! Great style, fuel economy, interior is flawless! Those foreign cars just got beat with a world class automobile! It's so quiet inside traveling down the highway and the stereo is fantastic. What a way to travel!

Awesome Car.
By TexasMike on 11/20/07 12:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I cannot say enough good things about this car. I traded in my 03 Camry and was impressed from the minute I climbed in for a test drive.Comfotable, Fun to drive, attention getting family sedan. A must see vehicle for anyone in the market.

First Impressions
By Bob on 11/16/07 21:17 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. In the past I have been very sceptical about american vehicles. I have been a loyal Toyota Camry owner for many years. This car won me over. The fuel economy on the sticker states 17 city 26 hwy. I got 36 hwy at 65 mph with the a/c on for 70 miles. I got 27 hwy at 80 mph.

Amazing for a Chevy
By malibuman08 on 11/12/07 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a great car and I would honestly consider it better than my wife's 2007 Honda Accord. Although the Accord is faste it's a v6, the interior of the Chevy isn't quite as nice as the accord but it's better than my previous Toyota Avalon

Toyota & Honda Beware!
By Ken on 11/09/07 06:59 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We have been looking for a midsize car for some time now and thought we would wait after I saw the 08 Malibu. We looked at Toyota, Honda & Ford and after driving the Malibu we were sold. So far with only a few hundred miles on it and a tank of gas we averaged in mix driving 27mpg! Great for being new, hope to get better. Interior room is very good and trunk is large. Planning a trip to Florida in the spring and I think the Malibu will be coming along. If you are looking for a new vehicle you must put the Malibu on your list and you won't be disappointed.

It's about time
By Adam on 11/08/07 10:25 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I work for a fleet leasing company and have driven many domestic and foreign vehicles.In most cases the Japanese vehicles out drive and out last most domestic vehicles.In recent years I've seen Ford put together some quality products Fusion, Taurus. Now GM is following suit with the new Malibu. Build quility is definitely above the Camry and design is also well ahead of most competition.If one thing stands out it's how quiet the cabin is. The 6 cylinder engine is smooth and powerful and the paddle shifters work well holding gears without the kicking down in most cases.Interior room is good still a little smaller inside than Fusion or Camry however much nicer layout. All and all nice car

Wow!! That's a Malibu
By Ryan on 11/07/07 14:50 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I can't believe that I bought a Chevy vehicle! I used to own a Camry; however, as long as GM continues to build quality cars like the Malibu I will continue to buy Chevrolets. The styling and handling of this car doesn't compare to anything else I have driven. This car is far superior in all aspects and a great value as well. This car looks and drives like a $40,000 vehicle. I have had several people come up to me to ask me about the car and I love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.