Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Chevrolet finally did it right
By Zack

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always been a Chevy lover, but have recently owned a Ford. I research every big purchase to death. Once I sat in the car, I fell in love with it. This is coming from a guy used to driving pickups. It gets great feul milage and is very confortable for long trips. It is extremly quiet. I get comments all the time on it.

Look, fuel mileage, comfort, performance, multitude of features

Great car.

A whole lotta car for under 30k
By Ebrown50

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my 2008 Malibu LTZ in June of this year. I just hit 1500 miles on it. It has been an awesome car so far. I got it in black granite with the coco cashmere interior. This car looks so sleek. I test drove the Accord V6 and Camry XLE and SE. I had no intension of buying a Chevy but with my last car being a Camaro and it having been reliable for the 9 years I had it I figured I would give a Chevy a test drive at the least. The car certainly kills its competitors as far as appearance. It handled better than the accord and camry and the Malibu LTZ was over 4 grand cheaper than a similarly equipped Camry or Accord. Driving down the road I don't feel like Camry #9999

Love the way the car handles, and the power is great too. It handles like a sports car but has the look of a sleek, expensive European Audi or BMW. I love the two-tone interior as well. This car is unbelievable for the money. Trunk size is good, and rear comfort is roomy as well.

Less hard plastics on interior of doors, dual climate control and memory seats. Other than that no complaints, I love everything about the car, Chevy did their thing with this one.

Solid, Stylish Malibu
By Nick

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I love the 2- tone cocoa/cashmire interior and the ambient lighting. The car handles the curvey New England roads extremely well and I averaged 36 MPG on my first long road trip! XM radio is great, although I probably won't renew the subscription after the free trial. I love the clean lines on the exterior and the dual-cockpit design on the interior. The interior is extremely quiet and the build quality is on par with anything else in it's class. The trunk is large enough to hold my golf clubs and ice hockey bag and still have some room to squeeze stuff in. If you are looking for a great car in this segment you should definitely check out the Malibu.

2-Tone dual cockpit cocoa/cashmire interior. smooth, clean exterior lines. Quiet interior. Great handling. XM radio. Adjustable arm rest. Ambient lighting. OnStar is a nice feature even though I don't really use it. Great fuel economy. Nice big trunk. Fold down rear seat. Very fun to drive

Wish the 6-speed transmission was offered on the LS model. Make the trunk opening just a little wider. Add a rear seat arm rest.

Great Car
By almadrid

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent car for the money. Chose it over the Accord and Camry due to styling and performance. It is a very quiet car with the insulation and laminated glass that GM incorporates into these cars. Test ride one and you will be surprised on far GM has come in terms of quality and style. Being a prior Quality Assurance specialist in the defense industry I can attest to the quality built into this vehicle.

Interior, XM, engine (V-6), trunk room, styling (interior and exterior), remote start, safety, and brakes

Trunk has no outside handle or grip to open. It does have an interior handle to close but would prefer an outside handle. Add the option for navigation and back up sensors.

Surprised
By Jim

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car to get out from under a Chevy truck. It was the best deal I could get at the time. I not a big fan of American cars, but the Malibu has surprised me. I get very good gas mpg, around 25 city and 33hy. Very quiet for a car under 21K. It has all the things you see in Toyoya, Honda, Nissan, etc. It's a mid size car but gets Honda cCvic gas mpg and is very quiet unlike the Honda. Toys are a different matter. I think they are a little better but this is subjective. I ride in both models (Malibu/Camry). Car fan is loud when set on 3 or higher. AC is OK, not great but gets the job done. I've had better. It takes a litte time to get use to but overall a good value for the money.

Looks, in spite of everything, GM finally got the looks right. 17' wheels, large trunk (blocks view when backing up) I suspect this is common in all new cars.

There's a blind spot on the right front passinger side.The part that separats the windsheld and doors is wider than you think.It blocks cars from you view.I almost hit a car that I did not see because of this.You must be very carful when turning into cross traffic.

• SUV