2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Best Sedan I've Driven...Ever!
By 08malibulover on 01/03/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The ride of this vehicle is amazing compared to some of the other midsizes that I test drove. The 4 cyl has enough power to get on the highway and doesn't feel like it is struggling to keep up. The interior is extremely quiet and has plenty of room. There are so many compartments that keep your things secure and out of sight. For as little as I paid it compared favorably to cars that were thousands of dollars more but I didnt feel like I was getting any return on my money.

Malibu Challenges the Imports
By Mark Davis on 01/02/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My new 2008 Malibu 2LT with the 3.6L V-6 is truly a standard-bearer for GM. I was not considering purchasing a domestic car until driving this amazing automobile. This car boasts 252 h.p. coupled with a versatile six-speed automatic that has quick, sure shifts and propels you quickly from zero to sixty. I've owned Nissan's and Honda's and this is just as solid with marked improvement in quality control, performance and materials. My wife has a BMW X-3 and 525-I and this car compares favorably to those vehicles which are twice the price. I love the XM and OnStar which only adds to the incredible value in this sports sedan. Chevy hits a home-run and levels the paying field.

Get the V-6 with standard steering
By steve on 01/01/08 05:36 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove the lt1 and found it to be a fantastic deal with only one flaw. The electric steering on this car is not right. It seems to over steer for every correction the driver makes and thus creating a constant moving of the wheel to keep a straight line. The electric steering definitely needs some fixing here and I doubt that gm is going to jump on that for this model. Best bet is to get the v6 with the standard hydro steering.

Buy American!
By bossnj1 on 12/29/07 14:49 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Many of us have been waiting for an American car that is built with quality craftsmanship, superior performance, and smart styling. Be assured that the day has arrived- the Malibu is the real deal. I traded my '01 VW "New" Passat, and while I loved that car, it became very expenisve to maintain and was less than reliable. This car handles very similar (may even be better), has 60 more horsepower, and has similar quality feel and smart styling- all for +$2,000 less than I paid for my VW 7 years ago!! This car has lively acceleration, is very comfortable and quiet, and handles extremely well. Couple that with very smart, modern styling, an afordable price and you have a mid-size leader!

Love It!
By Momo on 12/28/07 18:52 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I did a great deal of research on several makes and models. I was able to load up the Malibu for thousands of dollars less than what I would have paid for the Altima, Accord or Camry. I feel like I have plenty of room for my family of 5. I was amazed at how much leg room there is in the back seat. I wouldn't hesitate putting 2 adults in the back seat. I waited for the Mailibu to hit the show room floor before I orded one. I wanted to make sure the quality of the interior met my expectation. I was concered that the low sticker price meant low quality. I was very impressed with the quality and ordered the car right away.

Impressive
By Bill on 12/25/07 08:11 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We had to order the specific car we wanted since none of the nearby dealers had an LTZ in Amber Bronze. It took only 4 weeks for the car to arrive and even though we have only put a few hundred miles on the vehicle, we absolutely love it. The cabin is so quiet and the ride so smooth that I can't believe we are in a mid sized car. If this car is as reliable as my 2005 Impala, which has 53,000 miles and has never had a thing done to it, then we have made an excellent decision for our second car. I cannot judge the fuel economy yet as I have not had a chance to put it on the road for an extended drive. This will happen though in January when we will take it to Miami.

New Malibu Surprises
By JSaggio on 12/24/07 08:12 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love cars but not an "autophile". Was surprised by materials and fit/finish of the interior/exterior on Malibu; quality materials well executed. Drove 200 miles first day; city, freeway, ortega highway at night; satisfied with ride, handling and power. Ride is quieter than expected, more power than expected and more oversteer/pitch/roll than expected. It's no BMW but neither is the msrp. To me the int/ext looks better than Accord but not Mercedes. The ride/handling compare to Accord but not Merc. Quality seems as good or better than both. I'm amazed with Malibu for the price..10k less cash but not car compared to Merc.

I Love It!
By jalcoplumb on 12/12/07 20:27 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 250hp feels great. It can get out of its own way. I love the TAP shift. It is lots of fun. I am getting around 20.5mpg with a good mix of highway and stop and go. (My lead foot does not help) When I get a little crazy it gets into the 18mpg range. It holds the road well in the rain and it did well last week in a dusting of snow. Curious to see how it does in a good snow storm. From what I have read the Goodyear tires were not rated well for snow. Fit and finish are great. The car is quiet. I have driven with the radio off and had it around 100 and was amazed at how quiet it is inside. Acceleration and passing at highway speed is very good even in automatic.

Still new, but lovin' it so far!
By Kiah on 12/10/07 18:16 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Over the past 15 months, I went from a 2004 Honda Accord coupe to a 2007 Chevy Tahoe to the 2008 Malibu. I loved my Tahoe, but with gas prices at $3 + I couldn't afford the 11 mpg I was averaging for much longer. I traded it for the Malibu and although I miss the room in the Tahoe, the Malibu certainly provides all that I need with an 8-year-old son and a 5-month-old daughter. Great handling, nice smooth ride, and really nice looking straight from the factory. So far I am extremely pleased with my decision to trade the "hoe" in for the "bu", if anything changes, I'll be sure to update you! Happy Holidays!

2008 Malibu
By pierre carton on 12/09/07 13:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Interior is novel, only seen in very high cost vehicles. Can hold 4, 230lbs adults comfortably with leg room in rear seating. Exterior is extremly sharp, excellent paint and tight seems. Windows developed to reduce cabin noise. Exterior lights very attractive and new. Doors shut with good sound meaning well built. Blinkers built into front fenders for warning other vehicle on road of lane changes and turns. Air bags in sides of car a plus for my 16 year old driver. Plus extra steel cage built into cage of vehicle. Probably built safer than any car at or near it's price range. 17inch wheels make this car look sharp.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.