Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Beats all other same class competitors
By Arturo

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This Malibu is without a doubt a pleasure to own and drive. My wife and I currently own a 2005 BMW 3 series and 2005 Lexus IS and purchased the Malibu as a third car after test driving a Honda and Toyota, which did not measure up to the Malibu's looks, design, and quality. We receive more stares and compliments on the Malibu than from our other cars. Did I say better fuel economy too! This Malibu has now become our "first car".

OnStar. Overall design. Interior. Fuel economy (approx. 24 city and 31hwy)

Key access to trunk

Low Price and a Ton of Included Features
By chameleon

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I was looking to get a safe car (we have a 1 year old) to replace my 95 Jeep. I am 6'3", so the telescopic steering column and moveable foot pedals are a huge plus (I even needed to move the seat forward a bit). The V- 4 is quite powerful, and very quiet. The included features on the 2LT for the price gave me reverse sticker shock. I only went for the optional sunroof and premium floor mats.

Driver's legroom. Quiet ride and tight steering. Automatic headlight system. The sound system rocks. The trunk is huge, and there are many compartments in the front row. The remote start and heated front seats will be a plus in the winter.

Although the interior is leather, the magazine holders on the seat backs is a cheaper mesh-like material. The cupholders on the front doors could probably only hold a 12 oz. can of soda. No bluetooth exists in the car since GM probably wants users to pay for the OnStar service.

Chevrolet finally did it right
By Zack

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have always been a Chevy lover, but have recently owned a Ford. I research every big purchase to death. Once I sat in the car, I fell in love with it. This is coming from a guy used to driving pickups. It gets great feul milage and is very confortable for long trips. It is extremly quiet. I get comments all the time on it.

Look, fuel mileage, comfort, performance, multitude of features

Great car.

A whole lotta car for under 30k
By Ebrown50

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my 2008 Malibu LTZ in June of this year. I just hit 1500 miles on it. It has been an awesome car so far. I got it in black granite with the coco cashmere interior. This car looks so sleek. I test drove the Accord V6 and Camry XLE and SE. I had no intension of buying a Chevy but with my last car being a Camaro and it having been reliable for the 9 years I had it I figured I would give a Chevy a test drive at the least. The car certainly kills its competitors as far as appearance. It handled better than the accord and camry and the Malibu LTZ was over 4 grand cheaper than a similarly equipped Camry or Accord. Driving down the road I don't feel like Camry #9999

Love the way the car handles, and the power is great too. It handles like a sports car but has the look of a sleek, expensive European Audi or BMW. I love the two-tone interior as well. This car is unbelievable for the money. Trunk size is good, and rear comfort is roomy as well.

Less hard plastics on interior of doors, dual climate control and memory seats. Other than that no complaints, I love everything about the car, Chevy did their thing with this one.

Solid, Stylish Malibu
By Nick

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I love the 2- tone cocoa/cashmire interior and the ambient lighting. The car handles the curvey New England roads extremely well and I averaged 36 MPG on my first long road trip! XM radio is great, although I probably won't renew the subscription after the free trial. I love the clean lines on the exterior and the dual-cockpit design on the interior. The interior is extremely quiet and the build quality is on par with anything else in it's class. The trunk is large enough to hold my golf clubs and ice hockey bag and still have some room to squeeze stuff in. If you are looking for a great car in this segment you should definitely check out the Malibu.

2-Tone dual cockpit cocoa/cashmire interior. smooth, clean exterior lines. Quiet interior. Great handling. XM radio. Adjustable arm rest. Ambient lighting. OnStar is a nice feature even though I don't really use it. Great fuel economy. Nice big trunk. Fold down rear seat. Very fun to drive

Wish the 6-speed transmission was offered on the LS model. Make the trunk opening just a little wider. Add a rear seat arm rest.