Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great Car!
By rluck9277

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2008 Malibu, it is a 2LT with 2.4L and 4-spd auto. It is a great car, best ride and handling of a midsize car I have been in. Bought with GM's employee pricing for everyone deal, and saved about $2500 of sticker price. The interior and exterior design of this car are very classy, and look more expensive then it really was.

XM, OnStar, the 17-in wheels are very cool, the 4-cylinder has good pick for being in such a big car.

The only thing I would improve on would be more power from the 4- cylinder, but only if it can be done without sacrificing fuel economy

My back feels good
By flowerlady

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a bad back. I tried out 19 cars before I found the Malibu LTZ and comfort for my poor sacroiliac. The car is wonderful! Not only does it feel good, it performs beautifully. So far the mileage is good - about 20 around town, 26 on the highway. I expect it to get better. The car is gorgeous on the outside. The color choice for the inside is strange. I would have preferred a gray or white interior, but the black with brick (which was all that was available with the color I chose - golden pewter) is okay. Only negative is that there is no place to put a trash bucket. Otherwise the car is a dream and I love it.

Responsiveness. Excellent road feel. Wonderful suspension - takes bumps like a pro. XM radio. Electronically adjustable seats for both driver and front passenger

More interior color choices for each exterior color

Malibu is fantastic
By MikeOrangeman88

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my new Chevy Malibu. I cannot believe how well built it is. I've always been a Chevy driver and have never been disappointed but, man, Chevy outdid themselves with this vehicle. I wouldn't even think about buying an Accord or Camry. The Malibu LTZ feels and looks like it costs at least $10- $20,000 above what I paid for it. Well done Chevy!

Interior quality (seats in particular) and quietness. Exterior looks.

None, just keep on improving because Malibu will beat Accord and Camry if continues to improve.

First couple of months.
By Big Bluebird

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I traded my Ford F150 for this car. It hurt but the mileage on the truck was bad compared to how I used it. I used it as a car and hauled very little. I get 19 /21 in town w/the Malibu, that includes the 1000' of altitude I gain or loose on the 4 mile trip to town. The Malibu is the first car I have owned in many years. I have had no problems so far. Miss my truck but at this point would not want to get rid of the Malibu.

I really like the fit and finish both inside and out. The dash & driver controls all seem to make sense and are easy to use. Radio w/IPod jack are good. XM is nice but $13.00 a month, I don't think so. OnStar is nice to have.

I'm 74 years old, 6' 1" and weight 230lbs. In and out on the driver's side is a bit of a grunt. My wife has a 04 PT Cruiser that is easier in and out. The trunk is spacious for a car this size but the trunk opening is small. Other than that leave it alone it's a winner.

Watch out Toyota. The Malibu is Back!
By Armando

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

GM has finally turned it around. The Malibu is once again a great car to own. It rides quiet, the interior is great, and the 4 cylinder engine with the 6 speed auto has great power! I test drove the Camry, Accord, and Maxima and found that the Malibu blew all of them out of the water!

Leather interior. Smooth ride. Handles great. Looks great!

None.