2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews 21

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Now there's no excuse to buy imports
By tdcrawford on 01/10/08 19:50 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We recently purchased the new '08 Malibu LT w/ the 2LT package after test driving multiple sedans. We tried the LT with the 4cyl engine but the pickup was atrocious. Also, the electric steering feels too sensitive while at the same time feeling sluggish. The V-6 engine on the other hand has ample power. The hydraulic steering compliments the additional power with more responsiveness and better feel. On the other hand, the TapShift rarely seems to come in handy. It can be quite difficult to feel when you need to shift, so you often find yourself trying to read the tachometer (which shouldn't be necessary in a sedan such as this one).

Malibu Won Me Over
By 1st grade teacher on 01/10/08 12:14 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned a Camry and an Accord. When I went in to test-drive for a new vehicle, I hadn't even considered the Malibu. A friend's father (who used to be a loyal Camry fan) suggested that I try out the Malibu before buying the Camry I had picked out. Wow! It quickly won me over! I got way more car for the money! I've had many people tell me it looks like a Lexus or other more expensive car. I'm very pleased with my purchase and glad I could buy something domestic and feel happy with the quality. Although I haven't had the car long, I've already been recommending it to all my friends.

Best Car I have Ever Owned
By bob on 01/07/08 16:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is an awesome car. It is quiet, has a comfy ride, and has a beautiful interior. I compared Accord, Camry, and Altima before buying the Malibu.

Fun car
By doug on 01/07/08 13:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I'm 59 years old and this is not my first new car but it is the best car I have ever purchased. Much more fun to drive then I expected. It's quick,quiet and smooth.

Quiet, Stylish, Handeling, Great Value
By High Rollers on 01/05/08 19:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a few weeks ago. I like the sound the doors make when it is closed - feels snug and tight. The standard safety options are great: stability control, air bags everywhere (curtain, torso, and front), traction control / abs, and OnStar. The car is quiet, corners very well, and takes bumps in amazing fashion. It is stylish, the lines are nice and the wheels/times are too cool. The seats are comfortable. The 4 cylinder engine is plenty for me. I had a Honda Civic that I traded in during the purchase of the Malibu. This car is by far superior. The Malibu rides so smoothly that I steer to the bumps and you cannot feel a thing. The Malibu is quiet too.

Impressed
By bill on 01/05/08 10:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have had this vehicle for about three weeks now and we are thoroughly pleased with the quiet interior, ride and all over appearence of the car. Had our first extended highway trip of approximately 200 miles and attained 30 miles per gallon, which was what I was hoping to get. If this car is as reliable as our 2005 Impala has been for the first 52,000 miles then Chevrolet has another winner. This will be the 12th Chevy that we have owned and I haven't had a bad one yet even the ones we've kept for 14 years or 200,000 miles on the remainder.

Best Midsize available
By Dick on 01/04/08 10:59 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Quiet, comfortable, and fun to drive. Good fuel economy without performance sacrifice. The General is back!

Great Family Car
By Scott on 01/04/08 08:42 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is a cool mom's car. I bought one for my wife for Christmas and she loves it. The car is definitely a head turner. With all the features for the price this car is hard to beat!

Best Sedan I've Driven...Ever!
By 08malibulover on 01/03/08 17:21 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The ride of this vehicle is amazing compared to some of the other midsizes that I test drove. The 4 cyl has enough power to get on the highway and doesn't feel like it is struggling to keep up. The interior is extremely quiet and has plenty of room. There are so many compartments that keep your things secure and out of sight. For as little as I paid it compared favorably to cars that were thousands of dollars more but I didnt feel like I was getting any return on my money.

Malibu Challenges the Imports
By Mark Davis on 01/02/08 11:04 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My new 2008 Malibu 2LT with the 3.6L V-6 is truly a standard-bearer for GM. I was not considering purchasing a domestic car until driving this amazing automobile. This car boasts 252 h.p. coupled with a versatile six-speed automatic that has quick, sure shifts and propels you quickly from zero to sixty. I've owned Nissan's and Honda's and this is just as solid with marked improvement in quality control, performance and materials. My wife has a BMW X-3 and 525-I and this car compares favorably to those vehicles which are twice the price. I love the XM and OnStar which only adds to the incredible value in this sports sedan. Chevy hits a home-run and levels the paying field.