Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 235 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Quality At a Great Price
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What an exciting car! Not only did the Malibu catch my eye on the road, I couldn't resist owning one after I saw it. Only a couple hundred miles so far. Can't wait for my first road trip.

Exterior design elements were well thought out. Front to rear, a beauty. Plenty of room for me at 6'3".

Glove box is small. Trunk hatch has small opening but trunk space is awesome!

Sporty and Comfort
By redgirl779

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a LTZ and I love it! I like the sporty look and feel of the car. The interior is great and the features that come with the LTZ is excellent. I will put my LTZ up agaist a Honda or Camry anytime.

Interior and the sound system

Head room in get in.

Disappointed
By disappointed

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is what makes me disappointed. I only get 15 mpg in city and about 18 on the highway. This is nowhere close to what the advertised mileage is on this car. The plastic interior is misaligned as well on the door frame.

Improve the gas mileage, please.

Great Car!
By rluck9277

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought my 2008 Malibu, it is a 2LT with 2.4L and 4-spd auto. It is a great car, best ride and handling of a midsize car I have been in. Bought with GM's employee pricing for everyone deal, and saved about $2500 of sticker price. The interior and exterior design of this car are very classy, and look more expensive then it really was.

XM, OnStar, the 17-in wheels are very cool, the 4-cylinder has good pick for being in such a big car.

The only thing I would improve on would be more power from the 4- cylinder, but only if it can be done without sacrificing fuel economy

My back feels good
By flowerlady

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a bad back. I tried out 19 cars before I found the Malibu LTZ and comfort for my poor sacroiliac. The car is wonderful! Not only does it feel good, it performs beautifully. So far the mileage is good - about 20 around town, 26 on the highway. I expect it to get better. The car is gorgeous on the outside. The color choice for the inside is strange. I would have preferred a gray or white interior, but the black with brick (which was all that was available with the color I chose - golden pewter) is okay. Only negative is that there is no place to put a trash bucket. Otherwise the car is a dream and I love it.

Responsiveness. Excellent road feel. Wonderful suspension - takes bumps like a pro. XM radio. Electronically adjustable seats for both driver and front passenger

More interior color choices for each exterior color