2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Fun to drive vehicle
By 40yearfan on 01/23/08 17:48 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Got on a 2 year lease for my wife. Quality throughout the vehicle is on a par with the Acura Legends I used to lease. Plenty of power, ultra quiet ride and loads of amenities. Even the engine compartment is well laid out and looks neat and clean. It's the LT2 with the engine package that gives you the V6, 6 speed auto., and 18 inch wheels. All of this for a little over $25,000 MSRP is amazing.

I can't believe I can afford this! 10/10
By nate6966 on 01/23/08 09:14 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Awesome car! I never thought I'd be able to own a luxury performance sedan, but this car is unbelievable! I know it's not in the same class as a Mercedes AMG, but for the price (I got mine for $26,700 w/sunroof!) you cannot find a better combination of performance, luxury, and space! The leather seats cradle you like you're the most important person on earth. The cabin noise is so quiet you can use your inside voices at 75 mph on crummy northwest interstates. The premium audio system (8 speakers) successfully competes with Bose systems. I am truly impressed with this vehicle and all of the frills that GM includes (OnStar, roadside assistance, warranties, etc.) I'm 100% satisfied and happy!

Best GM Car in Years!
By Halliecat on 01/22/08 07:08 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

For the price I believe this is the best car on the market. The interior is luxurious, with leather and ultra-suede seats. Mine has the V6 with more power than I know what to do with. It handles like a dream and really hugs the road on turns. The optional remote start is a life-saver on these freezing mornings, as are the heated seats. I've never been happier with a new car purchase. Welcome back GM!

First Class
By Bill in Sumerduck on 01/21/08 03:44 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Chevy makes a first class sedan. Powerful, excellent handling, luxurious interior and European exterior. I've been getting 25.5 miles per gallon using as a commuting car in heavy traffic. Really a smart looking car. I like the 18" wheels, twin exhausts, LED lights, etc. Very comfortable and the most quiet car I have ever owned.

Impressive for a Chevrolet
By tarmorn on 01/18/08 19:51 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I just came back to Chevrolet after owning two Volks (a 1999 Passat and a 2006 Jetta, previous to the Passat I owned a Cavalier Z24) and it's just an amazing car. The 4 cylinder is just enough power, the ride is smooth but firm, very close to a Volks. It is incredibly quiet in the car, the seats are very comfortable and look great with the suede and leather. Great job GM!

It'll do
By brad1193 on 01/17/08 21:03 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had this car for about 2 weeks now and so far so good. We took a trip from San Diego, CA to Santa Barbara, CA up I-5 to the 101, which both have horrible traffic, and thoroughly enjoyed the trip. We traded in a Trailblazer that we did not like so I questioned going with another Chevrolet but I'm glad we did. The build quality, comfort level, appearance, and amenities make for a great package. They've done their research and took the time to put out something that wasn't thrown together. I agree with the critics that say they had put all their eggs in one basket with the truck/SUV market but it seems they've produced a winner making for some good competition.

My 4th Malibu
By Irene on 01/15/08 05:37 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have been driving Malibus for a long time. This has been the nicest one I ever got. I traded in my 2004 Malibu and got a good trade in value for that car too. This car rides so smooth and you have plenty of pick up for a 4 cylindar car. My last one was 6 and I can barley tell the difference in the pick up. The gas milage is much better too. I love the XM radio and the OnStar which I did not have before. The controls for the radio on the steering wheel are nice and the hands free phone service. My car seat fits well in the back and leaves plenty of room for two more people to sit. The trunk holds a lot and is easy to load. I love my new Malibu

Best Car Yet
By Joey D on 01/14/08 19:13 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is an incongruous value and a delight to own. They have started out with great basics - a hydroformed version of the Epsilon chassis (rock solid and ultra low resonance), the drivetrain right out of the Caddy CTS (the GM High Feature V6 can run without coolant, like the Northstar). They built on this with no shortage of great features and amenities, in a package with style and grace. Minute details such as the door position stops, the trunk lid mechanism, the tiny lamps inside the door handles, tiny Chevy logos in the lights, all add up to a car that delights like no other. Love the suspension and handling as well.

Absolute value & satisfaction
By thom on 01/14/08 04:02 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

For the money there is no car out there to compare with the Malibu, I haven't owned a GM product in twenty years, and I am back and so is "GM". You owe it to yourself to check this vehicle out before you purchase your next vehicle. The OnStar feature alone is worth the money. I drove an 07, and there is no comparison.

My first American car in 13 years.
By Joe Schaaff on 01/11/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I decided to take the plunge, my new Malibu was about 10 days out from arriving at the dealership. Honestly, I was like a little kid waiting. I have not had one moment's regret, nor anything but absoulte driving pleasure since I picked up my car. Mileage improves with each fill up. I have about 1800 miles on my car after one month. This is the best built passenger car that Chevrolet division has ever prodeced. I have owned 5 new Nissans and 2 new Dodges since 1995. I can't say that I have ever truly been proud of my ride until now. The ultralux interior is comfortable and impressive to all who have seen it. I felt the package for the price was a steal. Totally underpriced!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.