Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Sexy & Fun
By 4Bliss

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu less than 1 month ago (I have the 2LT w/ the 6cyl 6spd). I am disappointed only in 2 things. I previously owned an 02 MonteCarlo SS and loved it. My Malibu has a lot of the same luxury features. The 1st thing is the fuel economy, much less than advertised & less than my SS(though still early - only gone thru 2.5 tanks/gas) and I'm still learning how it drives compared to my Monte. The 2nd annoying thing is the cruise control. Monte had such smooth cruise control, going up and down hills, Malibu is a little obnoxious when the cruise is engaged (revvs up loudly when adjusting speeds uphill- again, it's early.

Heated, comfy leather seats, black granite paint (sparkly), storage (lots of it!) nice stereo & lots of safety features. It's beautiful; get lots of looks from other drivers, and peppy to drive.

Worried about how the "suede" seats will clean when needed. Cruise control is clunky when engaged; would appreciate better fuel economy, tilt steering not user friendly for 2 drivers; no dual a/c (even in 2 LT). Steering is very tight - hard to turn corners w/ 1 hand.

Should have leased it instead
By kb

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The styling of the car is impressive as it has the lines of a much more expensive car. The ride has been disappointing. Very bumpy and not driver friendly at highway speeds. I was willing to overlook the firm ride if highway stability was solid but that's just not the case. The transmission has a tendency to shift up at low RPM (1K-2K) leaving normal acceleration feeling tired. Although, the 6cyl is very responsive if you step on it or use the paddle shifter instead.

Exterior styling and color (sandstone metallic). Interior leather is good quality with the imitation wood trim is nice. Remote start is a fun toy to have.

Where is the pulldown armrest for the rear seats? Don't understand why its missing. The front door armrest should be leather to match interior. Climate control and fog lights should be 2LT option. Int/Ext color combos are better on 2LT. Ebony/Brick Int not appealling. Many '08s left in stock with it

Quality At a Great Price
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

What an exciting car! Not only did the Malibu catch my eye on the road, I couldn't resist owning one after I saw it. Only a couple hundred miles so far. Can't wait for my first road trip.

Exterior design elements were well thought out. Front to rear, a beauty. Plenty of room for me at 6'3".

Glove box is small. Trunk hatch has small opening but trunk space is awesome!

Sporty and Comfort
By redgirl779

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a LTZ and I love it! I like the sporty look and feel of the car. The interior is great and the features that come with the LTZ is excellent. I will put my LTZ up agaist a Honda or Camry anytime.

Interior and the sound system

Head room in get in.

Disappointed
By disappointed

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The gas mileage is what makes me disappointed. I only get 15 mpg in city and about 18 on the highway. This is nowhere close to what the advertised mileage is on this car. The plastic interior is misaligned as well on the door frame.

Improve the gas mileage, please.