Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

An amazing family sport sedan
By KD

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have a silver 2LT 3.6L and I absolutely love the car. The 18" wheels give it a very strong presence and the V6 / 6-speed combo is like butter. Stepping into the interior is almost like stepping into an Audi, the interior is beautiful and thoughtful storage and nice-to-touch materials make complete the package. So nice to stand out from the 100s of Camrys / Accords everywhere. People who sit in it can't believe it's a Malibu.

Love the remote start for hot / cold days. The heated seats keep my always cold wife happy also!

None really. GM has done an outstanding job, the car deserved "car of the year"!

Great but
By Fox

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have about 2500 miles on the car now. Just returned from a 1400 mile road trip. Trip computer said 32.8 mpg Actual 33.2 mpg. Mostly hwy driving between 65 and 70 mph. I like everything about the car except for the following. Keep in mind I traded in a 2003 Accord. The 6 spd. tranny shifts smoothly 90 percent of the time. It jerks unpredictably the other 10 pct. Once the motor even raced between gears! I will be taking it in to the dealer for this. There is a definite color mismatch between the bumpers and body. I will probably live with it because I don't want to risk paint problems

Styling, quietness, gas mileage

Can't see the switches for the heated seats very well. If all transmissions are like mine, they don't hold a candle to the Honda's paint match. I saw some others in the lot with mismatch.

Neighbors thought I had a BMW
By gunga2

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband and I love this car. We just can't quit smiling when we drive it. It is quiet. It also rides extremely smooth. It is perfect. It is an LTZ 6 cylinder. Driving home from the dealership we got 27 on the highway. It is roomy. Love the radio. The neighbors thought I had purchased a BMW. Best of all my sister is jealous.

The radio, just everything

Dual climate control

Great Car
By Joe

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the 6 cyl. LTZ 3 months ago. As of now we have 2100 miles on it and get 23 mpg around town. On a recent trip we got 30 mpg. I find it very comfortable to drive. I drove for over 8 hours on our trip and wasn't a bit tired. My wife thinks the seats are a bit too hard but I think they are OK. The initial quality of this car has been outstanding. I hope it lasts as long as our 1986 Olds 98 did (22 years).

I love the way it handles. It corners like a sports car. I love the get up and go of the 6 cyl. engine. The car is very quiet inside. I like how handy all the controls are. I reallly enjoy driving it.

I would like just a bit more head room. The trunk is plenty big but the opening is a bit too small. The leather seats could be a bit softer.

Sexy & Fun
By 4Bliss

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu less than 1 month ago (I have the 2LT w/ the 6cyl 6spd). I am disappointed only in 2 things. I previously owned an 02 MonteCarlo SS and loved it. My Malibu has a lot of the same luxury features. The 1st thing is the fuel economy, much less than advertised & less than my SS(though still early - only gone thru 2.5 tanks/gas) and I'm still learning how it drives compared to my Monte. The 2nd annoying thing is the cruise control. Monte had such smooth cruise control, going up and down hills, Malibu is a little obnoxious when the cruise is engaged (revvs up loudly when adjusting speeds uphill- again, it's early.

Heated, comfy leather seats, black granite paint (sparkly), storage (lots of it!) nice stereo & lots of safety features. It's beautiful; get lots of looks from other drivers, and peppy to drive.

Worried about how the "suede" seats will clean when needed. Cruise control is clunky when engaged; would appreciate better fuel economy, tilt steering not user friendly for 2 drivers; no dual a/c (even in 2 LT). Steering is very tight - hard to turn corners w/ 1 hand.