2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Unsatisfied with Malibu
By vectorer on 10/08/11 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car is not completely bad. It is a great car for highway trip, Extremely comfortable for 4 people, good trunk space. the 4 cyl engine is very good on power and economy, cannot imagine the car with the V-6. Great looks in and out.

Was great!
By cassin on 07/28/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for 3 years bought it with about 10k miles. Now has 49k miles on it, just got tires and they tell me the ball joints are bad and surprised the tire hasnt fallen off yet. The car has made a popping noise, the steering wheel isnt straight and the locks on the back doors do not work...well sometimes the driver side back lock will open but not lock back. Over all the amount of money for the car for the value isnt great, i have had other cheaper cars that havent had any problems like this.

GREAT CAR
By vipervenom11 on 05/01/11 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just got a Chevy Malibu LTZ and it runs great. i love the style the ride quality and everything about it. I highly recommend this for anybody wanting a nice for a reasonable price.

2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
By kfuller on 03/22/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The infactuation with the Malibu wore off after the first 500 miles, the car developed a squeak and rattle that took three visits to the dealer before it was resolved, the remote keyless entry when pressed/depressed doesn't lock or unlock the doors, I have to roll down the rear windows so my passenger can reach inside to pull the locks up before the doors will open, this also happens on the driver side too. The seat belt alarm is now randomly alarming with no other passenger seated. Whats the most frutrating aspect of owning this car is that I have to take this car to the dealer to change the headlights. The dealer has to remove the entire bumper, labor $200, for a $20.00 bulb.

By aardvarkadillo on 12/10/10 12:26 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Chevy got the outward appearances right. The inside? Good, but not great. I bought this car in 2009 ("NEW"), and have put 15,001 miles on it. It now sits in my garage. Why? The steering problems are serious enough that the dealership has replaced the rack and pinion FOUR times. Yes, four times. My dealership has been great, in multiple efforts to cure the steering problems. The noise and feedback are so severe that they've done everything under the hood they can-- hoses, filters, fittings, the MOTOR MOUNTS, and so on......... The dealer has tried calling GM engineers, and no solution has been found. What is the word for this??? Lime?

Worst Car Ever!
By Worse Car on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am currently leasing this car and hate it....I have had issues with the locks not working on every door, and issues with the drivers side door not opening from the inside or outside. The doom light has been making noise and every time I take it in they can not find what is wrong. Now I need new brakes and rotors and my car is only two years old. Plus there is a knocking noise in the steering wheel. I hate this car.

Still Lovin It - 3 Years Later
By VGB on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my malibu for 3 full years now and I still love everything about it as much as I did when I wrote the first review. I have had no problems with anything and it still looks and drives like a brand new car. I never had any problems with air in the tires, but I did switch to nitrogen back in January of this year, only because I had heard good things about it. Haven't had any problems since I switched. After owning this car for 3 years now, I would still highly recommend it to anyone looking to get the most bang for their buck and wouldn't sell mine if I was offered twice as much as I paid for it.

I Absolutely love my 2008 Malibu LTZ!
By Dee on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ in June 2008. I have the Jewel Red Coat. I absolutely love this car! The body style is still turning heads after two years! My two toned leather seats are beautiful! I have the v6 version and it is extremely fast with excellent acceleration! I have never written a review for anything that I have purchased, but definitely felt the need to write one on this lovely vehicle! I have 47,000 miles on my vehicle and have not had ANY problems. As long as you get regular oil changes and maintenance on your vehicle, your car will be good to you!

58,000 and still fun!
By Pete on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Days after I purchased my '08 Malibu the right front brake kept seizing. The dealer had it almost a month and still couldn't figure out the problem. Finally another dealer in Mesa watched me drive and found the problem: The steering wheel, which I put low, was pinching a cable. Within a week a new part was installed. No problems since. I drive approx 70 mi r/t daily, and the gas mileage is really good. Comfort and style fantastic. On a 2 week trip up to Tacoma I never tired. Love the Sat radio, Onstar, etc. I'd buy another in a few years.

Great overall car
By al on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love my 08 metallic black 2lt malibu. The exterior and interior are great looking, i have had people misjudge my malibu to be a Mercedes numerous times. car looks like it should cost a lot more. The 4cylinder is not a performance motor at all, gas mileage is decent in city 24.6 average but it is great on the highway. I can drive from new jersey to north carolina on 1 tank of gas. I have not had any quality issues, very reliable, trustworthy car. At 37,000 miles the car finally seems to have broken in it runs great I LOVE IT!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.