Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great Car
By peen1

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 111K on my 3.6L LTZ. I still like the quality interior and have been in few mid priced cars that can match the interior quality. It still runs and handles like new barring a minor squeek hear and there. The only thing that has gone wrong is that I had to replace one power door lock mechanism. It's slowly loosing oil and coolant after 111K miles, but I think I can get at least another couple years out of it before I'd have to fix it. Also, the chevy key fobs are junk, and break but are pretty cheap to replace. I

The ride is very quiet. I still like the look and feel of the interior compared to even 2012 cars that I've been in. Comfortable seats. Good power from the 3.6L.

Gas mileage is not good by 2012 standards. Tranny could shift more smoothly.

TOO MANY ISSUES TO LIST
By cmg2211

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new when it first came out and in the past five years have had numerous issues! My windshield wiper motor has seized twice (one in the middle of a torrential downpour while I was on the highway and most recently in a snowstorm). Both times the entire wiper motor and assembly has had to be replaced ($400 each time). The air condition system needed to be replaced after only one year. The locks don't work anymore so neither does the remote starter. You have to manually push down the lock on each door- the power door locks don't work from the key fob or from the drivers side door. When in park doors lock you in- have to roll down windows and open from outside.

None

Love our Malibu
By kielu84

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend and I bought a used 08 LTZ with 57K miles. So far it has been a good vehicle with no problems. Everything works as it should except we did have to have some work done on the front suspension. New struts, strut mounts, intermediate steering shaft, and some seals that were causing fluid to leak. The seals were covered under the 5 yr 100k powertrain warranty and the rest was under the extended warranty that came with the car. So far, it's great. It rides nice, gets great mpg (2.4L 4 CYL), is comfortable and stylish. The ower before us said he and his wife never had issues with it and they were the original purchaser. I noticed there is no LTZ 2.4L option for writing this review...

Self-dimming mirrors, heated out side mirrors, heated seats, OnStar, and everything else that came standard on the vehicle for its specific trim level.

The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have bluetooth, but the newer models do now, and I dont like the B-pillar that is squared (I hit my hip sometimes getting into the car).

Was a nice Car
By bcarmichael1

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I enjoyed my car when I first bought it in 2008. I have had to take my car in four times in the last three months. Things that have gone wrong in the last 2 years: replace door locks (driver side front and back), keyless remotes, exhaust and cam solenoids, emergency brake, tires, brakes, OnStar system, Intermediate shaft in steering column, and numerous sensors. I am happy that I bought the extended warranty. I recently have had to put new brakes on the car and new tires. The car only has 55,500 miles on it. Will never own another GM product.

The extended warranty, OnStar system, design of the interior.

Improve overall quality of car.

2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 LT automatic
By cindy88

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car brand new from a Chevy dealership in 2008. Within 2 years I had to replace the Transmission, Catalyic converter, exhaust system, Right front axle, trunk trim and cupholder (in the back which is never used)..not to name a few more things I cannot find my paperwork for. Needless to say my car now dies at any given time. The RPMS will ramp up and jerk the car forward than the RPMS fall and my car dies. Not sure what the problem is as I had just replaced the battery and the car has gotten worse. Any suggestions?