Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 236 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By r0gue13

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a company car that I obtained in early 2009 with 12K miles on it. History prior to me owning all window motors were replaced, 2 around 5k, the other 2 at 8k. I have had replaced 2 catalytic converters(first 1 at 22K), all door lock mechs, door speakers, ecm, front shocks(43k), passenger seat airbag sensor(car was parked for a week while on vaca, came back started car air bag light on) and practically every Oxy sensor and cam sensors in the engine. The air conditioning doesnt work half the time and a rattle in the rear that the dealer cant figure it out whats wrong. This is all before the car had 70K on it. I got rid of it at 87K. Slow acceleration for a 4 cyl. Interior good.

The Aux jack on the stereo so I can plug my phone in and listen to music. Extra power plug in rear. Center console set up.

Suspension and a more HP/bigger 4 cyl engine.

Great Car
By cardriver18

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2008 LT Malibu in May 2013. I have to say that it is comfortable to drive and the gas mileage is great. I get about 26-28 driving in the city and 30-35 highway. I mostly have been hitting 31 mpg. This car has had no problems and runs great at 99k miles. I do however plan to trade in this car for a chevy cruze this coming spring.

gas mileage and the outer design. As well as the Aux Jack for my iphone

this car sucks and so does gm
By crapmalibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Malibu in 2011 . And since I pulled off the lot I have had problems . Catholic converter gone shocks gone brakes gone sensors gone steering horrible and so on the list goes and I have emailed and called gm after I tlod them I had to pay $1500 for my exhaust system and they don't even care and it was at there dealership . So much for standing behind your product . That new hyndia sonata is looking very good I'm about to go foreign for the first time in 13 years. Good bye gm [non-permissible content removed].

Sleek and great looking in and out.

All mechanics of the car take some pointers from ford.

So Far Very Reliable
By joycedustin

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You know... I love german sedans and the quality that comes with them. However I hate the price tag that comes with it. My 2011 chevy malibu has been great so far. It has 57k on it and the only maintenance costs I have had are the occasional oil change, brake pads at 50k and air filters. I really love the car its been great. The interior is perfect for long trip too. The only issue I have is the interior plastic on driver side door squeaks when going over major bumps but I tend to really beat on a car too. Quality and reliability gets 5 stars. GREAT VALUE for the money!With a little bang.

ipod integration. 18inch wheels and dual cockpit interior.

Get rid of body side molding, and maybe better handling.

Great Car
By peen1

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 111K on my 3.6L LTZ. I still like the quality interior and have been in few mid priced cars that can match the interior quality. It still runs and handles like new barring a minor squeek hear and there.

The only thing that has gone wrong is that I had to replace one power door lock mechanism. It's slowly loosing oil and coolant after 111K miles, but I think I can get at least another couple years out of it before I'd have to fix it. Also, the chevy key fobs are junk, and break but are pretty cheap to replace. I

The ride is very quiet. I still like the look and feel of the interior compared to even 2012 cars that I've been in. Comfortable seats. Good power from the 3.6L.

Gas mileage is not good by 2012 standards. Tranny could shift more smoothly.