2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car
By Great Car on 02/18/08 18:20 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. The styling is great, and the quality is appropriate for this price point. Can't beleive that this car is under $20K. I love the night lighting in the cabin and the enclosed cup holders. The movable arm rest was a nice surprize. This car had some great designers as they thought of everything. There is a rubber patch where your keys hang so there is no banging against hard plastic. Storage everywhere that is easily accesable to the driver. I got this car as a replacement to a 2006 Lemon Pontiac G6. Would never go back.

It's About Time
By BrownsChamp on 02/17/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

...that GM puts together a car that can compete with the imports. I have been waiting for Chevrolet to give me a reason to consider them again. The design and reviews got me in the dealership. The test drive sold me. My four year lease was up on my 2004 Passat Turbo (another review for another day). For the past year I was planning on getting a loaded Accord or Acura TL. After driving them all, I decided to give Chevy a chance again. This car is right on par with the other brands. It actually drives nicer than the Accord, in my opinion, with nicer controls as well.

Love This Car!
By OrangeFan on 02/16/08 19:09 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm a luxury SUV owner, but wanted a 2nd "smaller" vehicle to just hop in and go. But you can't take the luxury out of a person, so I looked long and hard to find a car I wanted. And this car is it! It's a real joy to drive - very comfortable, quiet, and handles beautifully. The front seats seem to envelop you and the lumbar support is nice. The sound system is just as nice as my Denali's 9-speaker Bose system. I hesitated with the ebony/brick interior, wondering if I would get sick of it, but the opposite is true. I like it more every day. The interior lines with the contrasting colors are very sharp and pleasing to the eye.The swooping dashboard lines give the interior a more open feel

'08 Malibu LTZ
By Paul Doyle on 02/16/08 13:42 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It was an impulse buy - hooked up with the dealer over the internet, real nice sales guy...followed up, went into the dealership about 2 days later (right down the street), went out for a test drive, loved it, and before I knew it, I was signing papers. Haven't looked back since. I love this car.

Truly an American Revolution
By SomeGuy on 02/11/08 21:00 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just bought the 08 LTZ. Very great car. Now, I didn't start off with anything great, but this is a very solid car. Style is great, it's distinctive without being too outlandish. Interior is awesome, I've gotten many compliments on the two tone leather. Plenty of power, so its not a dull driver. If your looking at a midsize car, and don't feel like being Accord/Camry no. 4574 on your block, this is a good buy. Even if your deadset on the Honda, I'd step into a Chevy dealer, if only to find out what else is out there. You might be surprised

Nice design, poor inside quality/build
By talismanphl on 02/03/08 18:24 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I've had an '08 Malibu LS 4-cylinder sedan for a month as an insurance replacement rental. The car is somewhat elegant looking, with an attractive looking interior. The 2.4 four and automatic has enough power for most situations - I'm averaging 24.5 mpg in mixed city/freeway driving. Interior is quiet and large, but materials used are poor - center console is cheap plastic and squeaks, the console lid was fixed once before but it's loose again. The bottom of the driver's door panel is misaligned, squeaks on bumpy roads, and is made of ultra-cheap plastic. Windshield header leaked water in the car wash. Large trunk, but no rear center armrest - seats fold down instead.

Nice change
By Benz2Chevy on 02/02/08 08:21 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my overpriced, problematic Mercedes. The warranty was running out and it was time to get a car that didnt need psychotherapy. I was really happy with the change. Its so much quieter than my CLK which was almost twice the price. Features include tire pressure monitor and pedal adjust that I couldnt get in the Benz. Plus an Onstar System that won't go obsolete on me. Fun to be driving a Chevy again.

What a deal
By mason0511 on 01/30/08 16:18 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Nice quiet ride on the interstate, plenty of interior leg room (front/back) huge trunk. I absolutely love this car and wish I would have bought it a few weeks sooner, less time driving the ION

Powerful/Fun to drive
By Steven Mau on 01/28/08 18:42 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought one in December and the car is a great one. I have had many cars and to date this is the number one choice in my book. Its about time GM made a fun and very powerful car. Thanks GM! I'm very, very happy with the new Malibu LTZ.

New 2008 Malibu LT1
By Dan Curran on 01/27/08 18:06 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is my third Malibu purchased since 2001 and I will honestly say it is the best one by far. Time will tell the whole story but Chevrolet appears to have scored a whole-in-one this time around.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.