2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car
By cardriver18 on 09/02/13 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2008 LT Malibu in May 2013. I have to say that it is comfortable to drive and the gas mileage is great. I get about 26-28 driving in the city and 30-35 highway. I mostly have been hitting 31 mpg. This car has had no problems and runs great at 99k miles. I do however plan to trade in this car for a chevy cruze this coming spring.

this car sucks and so does gm
By crapmalibu on 08/06/13 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Malibu in 2011 . And since I pulled off the lot I have had problems . Catholic converter gone shocks gone brakes gone sensors gone steering horrible and so on the list goes and I have emailed and called gm after I tlod them I had to pay $1500 for my exhaust system and they don't even care and it was at there dealership . So much for standing behind your product . That new hyndia sonata is looking very good I'm about to go foreign for the first time in 13 years. Good bye gm [non-permissible content removed].

TOO MANY ISSUES TO LIST
By cmg2211 on 01/10/13 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new when it first came out and in the past five years have had numerous issues! My windshield wiper motor has seized twice (one in the middle of a torrential downpour while I was on the highway and most recently in a snowstorm). Both times the entire wiper motor and assembly has had to be replaced ($400 each time). The air condition system needed to be replaced after only one year. The locks don't work anymore so neither does the remote starter. You have to manually push down the lock on each door- the power door locks don't work from the key fob or from the drivers side door. When in park doors lock you in- have to roll down windows and open from outside.

2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 LT automatic
By cindy88 on 06/20/12 19:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car brand new from a Chevy dealership in 2008. Within 2 years I had to replace the Transmission, Catalyic converter, exhaust system, Right front axle, trunk trim and cupholder (in the back which is never used)..not to name a few more things I cannot find my paperwork for. Needless to say my car now dies at any given time. The RPMS will ramp up and jerk the car forward than the RPMS fall and my car dies. Not sure what the problem is as I had just replaced the battery and the car has gotten worse. Any suggestions?

Unsatisfied with Malibu
By vectorer on 10/08/11 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the car is not completely bad. It is a great car for highway trip, Extremely comfortable for 4 people, good trunk space. the 4 cyl engine is very good on power and economy, cannot imagine the car with the V-6. Great looks in and out.

Was great!
By cassin on 07/28/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have had the car for 3 years bought it with about 10k miles. Now has 49k miles on it, just got tires and they tell me the ball joints are bad and surprised the tire hasnt fallen off yet. The car has made a popping noise, the steering wheel isnt straight and the locks on the back doors do not work...well sometimes the driver side back lock will open but not lock back. Over all the amount of money for the car for the value isnt great, i have had other cheaper cars that havent had any problems like this.

58,000 and still fun!
By Pete on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Days after I purchased my '08 Malibu the right front brake kept seizing. The dealer had it almost a month and still couldn't figure out the problem. Finally another dealer in Mesa watched me drive and found the problem: The steering wheel, which I put low, was pinching a cable. Within a week a new part was installed. No problems since. I drive approx 70 mi r/t daily, and the gas mileage is really good. Comfort and style fantastic. On a 2 week trip up to Tacoma I never tired. Love the Sat radio, Onstar, etc. I'd buy another in a few years.

I Still Love My Malibu!
By Bellemom on 08/26/10 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When I decided to buy a new car, I went back and forth between the Malibu and the Accord. I can't express how happy I am that I stayed loyal to the GM brand. My husband suggested I wait to write my review until I owned it for a longer period of time. I was ready to rave after week 1. Well, it's been well over 2 years and I am still raving. It's so fun to drive and I still look at it and think, That's a great looking car - inside and out. I have gotten many compliments on it. The ONLY things are I don't like about it: gas mileage not as great as I would like, and not sure how comfortable it would be on a long distance drive. The seats could probably have a little more support.

GOOD Car, "SOFT" rims, BAD sound system
By Vic on 04/19/10 15:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have almost 21K miles on it and I still like it. My wife likes the interior so when our lease for the 2004 Malibu was up we bought the 2008 model. It is not perfect but our dealer takes care of our complains promptly - minor like door striker misalignment and wrinkle door seal. The engine has sufficient power but has an audible drone when driving about 80mph, nice and quite at 70 mph. Two things I do not like in this car. (1) the sound produced by the oem stereo system in my 2001 Cavalier is generations better than the 2008 Malibu. (2) the steel wheel rims seems to bend easily. I had two of the rims repaired in two years - never happened in my Cavalier (9yrs), nor in the other Malibu (4yrs)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr 4cyl
By 2008 Malibu LT on 04/13/10 07:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Malibu pre-owned with 53k,this car caught my eye with the black metallic color and tinted windows along with chrome wheels, very sleek, sharp look, this is a 4cyl, runs great! great ride so smooth, love the interior great i average around 33mpg highway design and so spacious, gas mileage is and 24-26 in town, the bright lights are amazing so bright and covers a broad area for a car, love the small details such as the accent lights, cup holders, compartments, I am 28 yrs old and was skeptical at first if i should get a smaller sportier type car but after driving this i loved it and the exterior look is so sleek and sharp,I am so pleased absolutely love it, this is a keeper.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan in WA is:

$160 per month*