2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car
By peen1 on 01/23/13 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 111K on my 3.6L LTZ. I still like the quality interior and have been in few mid priced cars that can match the interior quality. It still runs and handles like new barring a minor squeek hear and there. The only thing that has gone wrong is that I had to replace one power door lock mechanism. It's slowly loosing oil and coolant after 111K miles, but I think I can get at least another couple years out of it before I'd have to fix it. Also, the chevy key fobs are junk, and break but are pretty cheap to replace. I

Not Happy!
By wiley4 on 06/13/12 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have always been a Ford buyer, but when I seen the new 2008 Malibu, I had to have it. I became very disappointed after a short while. If I could get rid of this car, I would never buy another chevrolet car, truck, etc. It looks good, but it drives so rough. You feel every little bump. This car has been in the shop several times and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Whenever it rains, my floor becomes soaking wet on the driver side. My whole steering column has been replaced and it's still not driving right. Some time I wish I could total it out without anyone getting hurt or killed. That's just how much I hate this car. I will never buy another Chevy.

Expectations fall very short
By pkfloyd66 on 05/21/12 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I bought this car in 2008 I was very impressed with its styling and interior. However over time it really got frustrating. Poorly built and poor design. Power locks driver side and rear don't work. The fact you have to take the entire front end off to change out the headlights is another way for the dealer to make money. The passenger side make up mirror cover fell of within a year of having the car. Sensors continue to go off for tire pressure in the heat. Very disappointed overall. Both remotes stopped working by end of year one, which according to the dealer is a known issue.

GREAT CAR
By vipervenom11 on 05/01/11 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just got a Chevy Malibu LTZ and it runs great. i love the style the ride quality and everything about it. I highly recommend this for anybody wanting a nice for a reasonable price.

2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
By kfuller on 03/22/11 13:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The infactuation with the Malibu wore off after the first 500 miles, the car developed a squeak and rattle that took three visits to the dealer before it was resolved, the remote keyless entry when pressed/depressed doesn't lock or unlock the doors, I have to roll down the rear windows so my passenger can reach inside to pull the locks up before the doors will open, this also happens on the driver side too. The seat belt alarm is now randomly alarming with no other passenger seated. Whats the most frutrating aspect of owning this car is that I have to take this car to the dealer to change the headlights. The dealer has to remove the entire bumper, labor $200, for a $20.00 bulb.

By aardvarkadillo on 12/10/10 12:26 PM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Chevy got the outward appearances right. The inside? Good, but not great. I bought this car in 2009 ("NEW"), and have put 15,001 miles on it. It now sits in my garage. Why? The steering problems are serious enough that the dealership has replaced the rack and pinion FOUR times. Yes, four times. My dealership has been great, in multiple efforts to cure the steering problems. The noise and feedback are so severe that they've done everything under the hood they can-- hoses, filters, fittings, the MOTOR MOUNTS, and so on......... The dealer has tried calling GM engineers, and no solution has been found. What is the word for this??? Lime?

Still Lovin It - 3 Years Later
By VGB on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my malibu for 3 full years now and I still love everything about it as much as I did when I wrote the first review. I have had no problems with anything and it still looks and drives like a brand new car. I never had any problems with air in the tires, but I did switch to nitrogen back in January of this year, only because I had heard good things about it. Haven't had any problems since I switched. After owning this car for 3 years now, I would still highly recommend it to anyone looking to get the most bang for their buck and wouldn't sell mine if I was offered twice as much as I paid for it.

I Absolutely love my 2008 Malibu LTZ!
By Dee on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchase my 2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ in June 2008. I have the Jewel Red Coat. I absolutely love this car! The body style is still turning heads after two years! My two toned leather seats are beautiful! I have the v6 version and it is extremely fast with excellent acceleration! I have never written a review for anything that I have purchased, but definitely felt the need to write one on this lovely vehicle! I have 47,000 miles on my vehicle and have not had ANY problems. As long as you get regular oil changes and maintenance on your vehicle, your car will be good to you!

Good design, Poor quality
By JImbo on 08/31/10 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had 08 Malibu for 2 years. Fun to drive and ride, but overall quality poor. Problems so far include left front bearing, right front axle, trans seal, wiper motor, computer program, numerous rattles, and the latest is leak in back floorboard that non can find. Good design, but very poor quality. 2nd Chevy with quality problems, will never own another. Car has been in the shop 5 times in 2 years.

I love this car!
By My 'BU on 07/25/10 14:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So after an exhausting search of people movers I decided to get the Malibu. I didn't want new; let someone else worry about the depreciation. I wanted low miles and an extended warranty. My malibu is a 2.4 liter ltz. The exterior style is aggressive yet stylish. I love the nose and the rims. The interior with the 2 tone leather is so cool. The heated adjustable seats are amazing... a little firm but comfortable. The radio is awesome. Lots of bass and just loud enough. The lite blue gauges look soothing and the tachometer and sport shifter gives the car a sporty feel. The shifter makes the 2.4 seem quicker but the car is slow to pass A little rough on bumps and the steering is a little vague.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.