Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Great Car
By peen1

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 111K on my 3.6L LTZ. I still like the quality interior and have been in few mid priced cars that can match the interior quality. It still runs and handles like new barring a minor squeek hear and there. The only thing that has gone wrong is that I had to replace one power door lock mechanism. It's slowly loosing oil and coolant after 111K miles, but I think I can get at least another couple years out of it before I'd have to fix it. Also, the chevy key fobs are junk, and break but are pretty cheap to replace. I

Favorite Features

The ride is very quiet. I still like the look and feel of the interior compared to even 2012 cars that I've been in. Comfortable seats. Good power from the 3.6L.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is not good by 2012 standards. Tranny could shift more smoothly.

Not Happy!
By wiley4

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have always been a Ford buyer, but when I seen the new 2008 Malibu, I had to have it. I became very disappointed after a short while. If I could get rid of this car, I would never buy another chevrolet car, truck, etc. It looks good, but it drives so rough. You feel every little bump. This car has been in the shop several times and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Whenever it rains, my floor becomes soaking wet on the driver side. My whole steering column has been replaced and it's still not driving right. Some time I wish I could total it out without anyone getting hurt or killed. That's just how much I hate this car. I will never buy another Chevy.

Favorite Features

I do like the style of the car, the color and the interior. Everybody thought I had the inside customized when I first got it. That was one of the reason I got it. Everybody think that my car is a more luxury car, not a Malibu. I bought the black LTZ and it was loaded. It looks good, but to me it's not worth a quarter.

Suggested Improvements

It need to ride more smoother, brakes need to be better, it needs a lot of improvements.

Expectations fall very short
By pkfloyd66

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I bought this car in 2008 I was very impressed with its styling and interior. However over time it really got frustrating. Poorly built and poor design. Power locks driver side and rear don't work. The fact you have to take the entire front end off to change out the headlights is another way for the dealer to make money. The passenger side make up mirror cover fell of within a year of having the car. Sensors continue to go off for tire pressure in the heat. Very disappointed overall. Both remotes stopped working by end of year one, which according to the dealer is a known issue.

Favorite Features

Car drives well, the V6 Engine is powerful. Not a whole lot of body roll in corners, but not the best.

Suggested Improvements

Take notice of the details, to have to take the front bumper off the car to change the headlights is a very poor design. The lack of quality with the interior of the car is upsetting and the remotes not working is very frustrating.

GREAT CAR
By vipervenom11

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just got a Chevy Malibu LTZ and it runs great. i love the style the ride quality and everything about it. I highly recommend this for anybody wanting a nice for a reasonable price.

2008 Chevy Malibu LTZ
By kfuller

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The infactuation with the Malibu wore off after the first 500 miles, the car developed a squeak and rattle that took three visits to the dealer before it was resolved, the remote keyless entry when pressed/depressed doesn't lock or unlock the doors, I have to roll down the rear windows so my passenger can reach inside to pull the locks up before the doors will open, this also happens on the driver side too. The seat belt alarm is now randomly alarming with no other passenger seated. Whats the most frutrating aspect of owning this car is that I have to take this car to the dealer to change the headlights. The dealer has to remove the entire bumper, labor $200, for a $20.00 bulb.