Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LT Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Good car but some problems
By mikewed

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car is reliable car, but has some issues. Had to replace both door look motors (both front left, front right). One catalytic converter, 2 wiper transmissions/assemblies. Also sometimes temp sensor doesn't read and AC wont turn on. Other than that car has worked great. Mad about wiper assembly, its just a bad design. I am trying after market to see if it works better.

Great Car
By cardriver18

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2008 LT Malibu in May 2013. I have to say that it is comfortable to drive and the gas mileage is great. I get about 26-28 driving in the city and 30-35 highway. I mostly have been hitting 31 mpg. This car has had no problems and runs great at 99k miles. I do however plan to trade in this car for a chevy cruze this coming spring.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and the outer design. As well as the Aux Jack for my iphone

this car sucks and so does gm
By crapmalibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Malibu in 2011 . And since I pulled off the lot I have had problems . Catholic converter gone shocks gone brakes gone sensors gone steering horrible and so on the list goes and I have emailed and called gm after I tlod them I had to pay $1500 for my exhaust system and they don't even care and it was at there dealership . So much for standing behind your product . That new hyndia sonata is looking very good I'm about to go foreign for the first time in 13 years. Good bye gm [non-permissible content removed].

Favorite Features

Sleek and great looking in and out.

Suggested Improvements

All mechanics of the car take some pointers from ford.

TOO MANY ISSUES TO LIST
By cmg2211

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new when it first came out and in the past five years have had numerous issues! My windshield wiper motor has seized twice (one in the middle of a torrential downpour while I was on the highway and most recently in a snowstorm). Both times the entire wiper motor and assembly has had to be replaced ($400 each time). The air condition system needed to be replaced after only one year. The locks don't work anymore so neither does the remote starter. You have to manually push down the lock on each door- the power door locks don't work from the key fob or from the drivers side door. When in park doors lock you in- have to roll down windows and open from outside.

Favorite Features

None

2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 LT automatic
By cindy88

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car brand new from a Chevy dealership in 2008. Within 2 years I had to replace the Transmission, Catalyic converter, exhaust system, Right front axle, trunk trim and cupholder (in the back which is never used)..not to name a few more things I cannot find my paperwork for. Needless to say my car now dies at any given time. The RPMS will ramp up and jerk the car forward than the RPMS fall and my car dies. Not sure what the problem is as I had just replaced the battery and the car has gotten worse. Any suggestions?