2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Worst Car I Ever Owned
By r0gue13 on 09/04/14 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a company car that I obtained in early 2009 with 12K miles on it. History prior to me owning all window motors were replaced, 2 around 5k, the other 2 at 8k. I have had replaced 2 catalytic converters(first 1 at 22K), all door lock mechs, door speakers, ecm, front shocks(43k), passenger seat airbag sensor(car was parked for a week while on vaca, came back started car air bag light on) and practically every Oxy sensor and cam sensors in the engine. The air conditioning doesnt work half the time and a rattle in the rear that the dealer cant figure it out whats wrong. This is all before the car had 70K on it. I got rid of it at 87K. Slow acceleration for a 4 cyl. Interior good.

Was a nice Car
By bcarmichael1 on 07/25/12 14:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I enjoyed my car when I first bought it in 2008. I have had to take my car in four times in the last three months. Things that have gone wrong in the last 2 years: replace door locks (driver side front and back), keyless remotes, exhaust and cam solenoids, emergency brake, tires, brakes, OnStar system, Intermediate shaft in steering column, and numerous sensors. I am happy that I bought the extended warranty. I recently have had to put new brakes on the car and new tires. The car only has 55,500 miles on it. Will never own another GM product.

Worst Car Ever!
By Worse Car on 11/30/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am currently leasing this car and hate it....I have had issues with the locks not working on every door, and issues with the drivers side door not opening from the inside or outside. The doom light has been making noise and every time I take it in they can not find what is wrong. Now I need new brakes and rotors and my car is only two years old. Plus there is a knocking noise in the steering wheel. I hate this car.

Traveling Student
By MASPharmD on 05/01/10 23:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used at the end of June 2009 w/ 22,000 miles on it, right after GM bankruptcy and got a great deal for. The major attraction to me was MPG and it had an appealing interior, better than camry, altima, or accord and was priced way less. I purchased it to replace my Jeep Liberty b/c I was going to be traveling 50 miles to and from pharmacy school starting in the fall of 09 and the gas for my jeep would have bankrupted me. Overall, I love the car and have had few problems with it after driving it over 25,000 miles since June 09. It is a good car and looks way more expensive than it cost. Would recommend it to anyone.

Not a good purchase
By msouth85 on 04/28/10 20:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our 2008 malibu with 4 miles when we test drove it. After driving across country a few times, at roughly 26k, the vehicle information control module had to be replaced. Now at just under 40k, the catalytic converter is plugged. Also, when cold the transmission will not shift out of first under heavy acceleration, causing the car to say service traction, turn off the traction control, and make the transmission shift very hard. This is the first chevy we have bought, and it will be the last.

so far so good
By scotty on 03/23/10 17:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have put on 10000km so far on this car.Bought it used at 50000km. All in all its a great car, only issue so far is water in the headlight and squeaky front brakes, The tranny shifts rough sometimes. It will be interesting what the long term reliability of this car will be. great ride great gas mileage, 4 cyl works perfect. i wanted a turn key operation kinda car and so far so good.

2008 Nightmare Malibu
By Melody on 03/10/10 09:43 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased in May 2008, first shop visit was in May 2008. At 26K miles, the TRANSMISSION has been repaired! I have had numerous problems with this car, I have a LONG history report that I would post up if I knew how. Steering column, clunking noises, transmission, back bumper popping out, side panel popping out, squeaky brakes, etc! & today at 36,042 miles, the check engine light is on so the car is in the shop yet again! I just picked it up on Saturday at 29,800+ miles & last night at 36K "Bing" on comes the check engine light. I've had it with this car, too many problems! I was in love with it at first, but now it has become a nightmare! I am a very unhappy & unsatisfied customer!

I LOVE this car!!!!!
By PattyE on 10/15/09 16:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

We bought our Chevy used with a little over 18K miles. I fell in love with it when I saw it on the Web and even more so once I took it for a test drive. We've had a problem with the Power Steering and had to have the Steering Column replaced (under Warranty) but not even that makes me sorry for choosing this car. My husband is 6'3" and my son if 6'1". Both of them have plenty of leg room. The color is great, Pewter Gray with Gold iridescent. This is a sleek looking and driving machine. Good going Chevy.

I Lud Dis Car
By Jake50 on 08/12/09 10:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Car. I was originally a Truck guy, But after test driving the malibu i fell in Love.I Bought a LS model with 19500 Miles On it. The 3.5 L V6 Is a must good power acceleration can use some improvement but all around Awesome. Clean car... All my Friends envy the styling of it....Chrome lined Just all Around a must Bye! Highly Recommend!

2008 Chevy Malibu LS is a great car!
By Jack on 08/01/09 04:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever had! I selected it for safety, reliability, and overall economy without even driving it. I was shocked how beautiful the interior is and how well it drives. Way better than Camry or Accord!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.