Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Good car but some problems
By mikewed

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Car is reliable car, but has some issues. Had to replace both door look motors (both front left, front right). One catalytic converter, 2 wiper transmissions/assemblies. Also sometimes temp sensor doesn't read and AC wont turn on. Other than that car has worked great. Mad about wiper assembly, its just a bad design. I am trying after market to see if it works better.

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By r0gue13

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a company car that I obtained in early 2009 with 12K miles on it. History prior to me owning all window motors were replaced, 2 around 5k, the other 2 at 8k. I have had replaced 2 catalytic converters(first 1 at 22K), all door lock mechs, door speakers, ecm, front shocks(43k), passenger seat airbag sensor(car was parked for a week while on vaca, came back started car air bag light on) and practically every Oxy sensor and cam sensors in the engine. The air conditioning doesnt work half the time and a rattle in the rear that the dealer cant figure it out whats wrong. This is all before the car had 70K on it. I got rid of it at 87K. Slow acceleration for a 4 cyl. Interior good.

Favorite Features

The Aux jack on the stereo so I can plug my phone in and listen to music. Extra power plug in rear. Center console set up.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension and a more HP/bigger 4 cyl engine.

Great Car
By cardriver18

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2008 LT Malibu in May 2013. I have to say that it is comfortable to drive and the gas mileage is great. I get about 26-28 driving in the city and 30-35 highway. I mostly have been hitting 31 mpg. This car has had no problems and runs great at 99k miles. I do however plan to trade in this car for a chevy cruze this coming spring.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and the outer design. As well as the Aux Jack for my iphone

this car sucks and so does gm
By crapmalibu

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Malibu in 2011 . And since I pulled off the lot I have had problems . Catholic converter gone shocks gone brakes gone sensors gone steering horrible and so on the list goes and I have emailed and called gm after I tlod them I had to pay $1500 for my exhaust system and they don't even care and it was at there dealership . So much for standing behind your product . That new hyndia sonata is looking very good I'm about to go foreign for the first time in 13 years. Good bye gm [non-permissible content removed].

Favorite Features

Sleek and great looking in and out.

Suggested Improvements

All mechanics of the car take some pointers from ford.

So Far Very Reliable
By joycedustin

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You know... I love german sedans and the quality that comes with them. However I hate the price tag that comes with it. My 2011 chevy malibu has been great so far. It has 57k on it and the only maintenance costs I have had are the occasional oil change, brake pads at 50k and air filters. I really love the car its been great. The interior is perfect for long trip too. The only issue I have is the interior plastic on driver side door squeaks when going over major bumps but I tend to really beat on a car too. Quality and reliability gets 5 stars. GREAT VALUE for the money!With a little bang.

Favorite Features

ipod integration. 18inch wheels and dual cockpit interior.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of body side molding, and maybe better handling.