2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Great Car
By cardriver18 on 09/02/13 11:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 2008 LT Malibu in May 2013. I have to say that it is comfortable to drive and the gas mileage is great. I get about 26-28 driving in the city and 30-35 highway. I mostly have been hitting 31 mpg. This car has had no problems and runs great at 99k miles. I do however plan to trade in this car for a chevy cruze this coming spring.

this car sucks and so does gm
By crapmalibu on 08/06/13 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my 2008 Malibu in 2011 . And since I pulled off the lot I have had problems . Catholic converter gone shocks gone brakes gone sensors gone steering horrible and so on the list goes and I have emailed and called gm after I tlod them I had to pay $1500 for my exhaust system and they don't even care and it was at there dealership . So much for standing behind your product . That new hyndia sonata is looking very good I'm about to go foreign for the first time in 13 years. Good bye gm [non-permissible content removed].

So Far Very Reliable
By joycedustin on 04/10/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

You know... I love german sedans and the quality that comes with them. However I hate the price tag that comes with it. My 2011 chevy malibu has been great so far. It has 57k on it and the only maintenance costs I have had are the occasional oil change, brake pads at 50k and air filters. I really love the car its been great. The interior is perfect for long trip too. The only issue I have is the interior plastic on driver side door squeaks when going over major bumps but I tend to really beat on a car too. Quality and reliability gets 5 stars. GREAT VALUE for the money!With a little bang.

Great Car
By peen1 on 01/23/13 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 111K on my 3.6L LTZ. I still like the quality interior and have been in few mid priced cars that can match the interior quality. It still runs and handles like new barring a minor squeek hear and there. The only thing that has gone wrong is that I had to replace one power door lock mechanism. It's slowly loosing oil and coolant after 111K miles, but I think I can get at least another couple years out of it before I'd have to fix it. Also, the chevy key fobs are junk, and break but are pretty cheap to replace. I

TOO MANY ISSUES TO LIST
By cmg2211 on 01/10/13 09:41 AM (PST)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new when it first came out and in the past five years have had numerous issues! My windshield wiper motor has seized twice (one in the middle of a torrential downpour while I was on the highway and most recently in a snowstorm). Both times the entire wiper motor and assembly has had to be replaced ($400 each time). The air condition system needed to be replaced after only one year. The locks don't work anymore so neither does the remote starter. You have to manually push down the lock on each door- the power door locks don't work from the key fob or from the drivers side door. When in park doors lock you in- have to roll down windows and open from outside.

Love our Malibu
By kielu84 on 08/13/12 15:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/2LT (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My girlfriend and I bought a used 08 LTZ with 57K miles. So far it has been a good vehicle with no problems. Everything works as it should except we did have to have some work done on the front suspension. New struts, strut mounts, intermediate steering shaft, and some seals that were causing fluid to leak. The seals were covered under the 5 yr 100k powertrain warranty and the rest was under the extended warranty that came with the car. So far, it's great. It rides nice, gets great mpg (2.4L 4 CYL), is comfortable and stylish. The ower before us said he and his wife never had issues with it and they were the original purchaser. I noticed there is no LTZ 2.4L option for writing this review...

Was a nice Car
By bcarmichael1 on 07/25/12 14:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I enjoyed my car when I first bought it in 2008. I have had to take my car in four times in the last three months. Things that have gone wrong in the last 2 years: replace door locks (driver side front and back), keyless remotes, exhaust and cam solenoids, emergency brake, tires, brakes, OnStar system, Intermediate shaft in steering column, and numerous sensors. I am happy that I bought the extended warranty. I recently have had to put new brakes on the car and new tires. The car only has 55,500 miles on it. Will never own another GM product.

2008 Chevy Malibu 2.4 LT automatic
By cindy88 on 06/20/12 19:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car brand new from a Chevy dealership in 2008. Within 2 years I had to replace the Transmission, Catalyic converter, exhaust system, Right front axle, trunk trim and cupholder (in the back which is never used)..not to name a few more things I cannot find my paperwork for. Needless to say my car now dies at any given time. The RPMS will ramp up and jerk the car forward than the RPMS fall and my car dies. Not sure what the problem is as I had just replaced the battery and the car has gotten worse. Any suggestions?

Not Happy!
By wiley4 on 06/13/12 14:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have always been a Ford buyer, but when I seen the new 2008 Malibu, I had to have it. I became very disappointed after a short while. If I could get rid of this car, I would never buy another chevrolet car, truck, etc. It looks good, but it drives so rough. You feel every little bump. This car has been in the shop several times and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. Whenever it rains, my floor becomes soaking wet on the driver side. My whole steering column has been replaced and it's still not driving right. Some time I wish I could total it out without anyone getting hurt or killed. That's just how much I hate this car. I will never buy another Chevy.

Expectations fall very short
By pkfloyd66 on 05/21/12 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I bought this car in 2008 I was very impressed with its styling and interior. However over time it really got frustrating. Poorly built and poor design. Power locks driver side and rear don't work. The fact you have to take the entire front end off to change out the headlights is another way for the dealer to make money. The passenger side make up mirror cover fell of within a year of having the car. Sensors continue to go off for tire pressure in the heat. Very disappointed overall. Both remotes stopped working by end of year one, which according to the dealer is a known issue.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.