Used 2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Reliable, son drove for 3 1\2 years
By Kenneth Ausbie

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

The Malibu is the work horse for Chevrolet.

Terrible Product Quality
By Bill

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Door locks two down and two to go....at $300 a pop, passenger airbag failed just before warranty went out and chevrolet they never fixed it; tire pressure sensor failure, headlamp replacement is a human factors nightmare....have to remove the entire front end to replace a headlamp bulb.

Worst Car I Ever Owned
By r0gue13

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This was a company car that I obtained in early 2009 with 12K miles on it. History prior to me owning all window motors were replaced, 2 around 5k, the other 2 at 8k. I have had replaced 2 catalytic converters(first 1 at 22K), all door lock mechs, door speakers, ecm, front shocks(43k), passenger seat airbag sensor(car was parked for a week while on vaca, came back started car air bag light on) and practically every Oxy sensor and cam sensors in the engine. The air conditioning doesnt work half the time and a rattle in the rear that the dealer cant figure it out whats wrong. This is all before the car had 70K on it. I got rid of it at 87K. Slow acceleration for a 4 cyl. Interior good.

The Aux jack on the stereo so I can plug my phone in and listen to music. Extra power plug in rear. Center console set up.

Suspension and a more HP/bigger 4 cyl engine.

Was a nice Car
By bcarmichael1

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Overall I enjoyed my car when I first bought it in 2008. I have had to take my car in four times in the last three months. Things that have gone wrong in the last 2 years: replace door locks (driver side front and back), keyless remotes, exhaust and cam solenoids, emergency brake, tires, brakes, OnStar system, Intermediate shaft in steering column, and numerous sensors. I am happy that I bought the extended warranty. I recently have had to put new brakes on the car and new tires. The car only has 55,500 miles on it. Will never own another GM product.

The extended warranty, OnStar system, design of the interior.

Improve overall quality of car.

Worst Car Ever!
By Worse Car

2008 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I am currently leasing this car and hate it....I have had issues with the locks not working on every door, and issues with the drivers side door not opening from the inside or outside. The doom light has been making noise and every time I take it in they can not find what is wrong. Now I need new brakes and rotors and my car is only two years old. Plus there is a knocking noise in the steering wheel. I hate this car.

Gas mileage is good.

I do not even know where to start. I have had issues with this car since I started leasing it in May of 2008.