2007 Chevrolet Malibu 2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Jim's Chevrolet Malibu

2007 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (2.2L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Jim's Chevrolet Malibu
By James Pastore on

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have read allot about the engine in this car (ecotech) and have heard nothing but good comments about it. I know they have increased the power in this engine to 900 HP for racing, so I believe this engine will work for me. Maybe it will come. However, I presently have allot of power for what I need. It is hard to keep this car at 55 MPH with barely touching the gas pedal. It passes very easily. It looks great. Runs smooth and quiet. People have asked me what kind of car is it. They are surprised when I tell them it is a Malibu. I presently get 33.8 MPG combined.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, power and performance, value, comfort, interior and exterior looks (especially tailights and headlights). Manual shift rocker button standard (you don't need to move the shift lever to shift to different gears), 5 year 100,000 warranty.

Suggested Improvements

I wish I could have purchased my Malibu with the supercharged version they have in the Cobalt (I believe it is 205 Horse Power verses my 144 HP -- I have always wanted a car with a supercharger but MPG probably wouldn't be as good).