Regret this purchase GM
By dmt1968 on
2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)
This is my second Malibu. I bought this one because I was so pleased with my '03. This '07 is a big let down. At only 52k miles, I have many problems. Gas gage doesn't work, Transmission slams and slips gears, Grinding noise in the front wheels (breaks are fine). I've kept up on all of my scheduled maintances, and of course the power-tran warranty ran out at 5 yrs. I guess GM planned that out well. The dealer swears they can't find a thing wrong with the transmission, but I really don't think you should feel like someone rear ended you when you come to a stop. And, I hate that the transmission is a closed system, can't even check the fluid without taking it to a mechanic.
Favorite Features
I bought this car because of the sporty look. It's a 4-door, but it's very sporty looking with the dual exhaust, sunroof, fog lights etc.
Suggested Improvements
Extend the power-tran warranty to 100k or 10 yrs. A GM car should be dependable enough to make it through 50,000 miles without engine or transmission problems. GM should be more willing to bail us as consumers out, just like we've bailed them out ...more than once!
By johnny321
on 05/02/12 19:19 PM (PDT)

Ok, I think people who complain about accessories are either being paid to post negative comments, just like to compain or Just don't have enough experience with car to know a good car from a bad one. My 2007 Malibu has been second best car to date and I've been owned company driven a Impala, Mazda 323 & 626, Hyundai sonata, Mit Lancer, Dodge Colt, Mecury Capri, Honda CRV and a Nissa Sentra and Chrysler Town & Country. I've put 98,000 on My Malibu as a commute car and This car has had no mechanical problems what so ever but I a mature driver. The incidentals are the overhead reading lights sucks because the connection points are made from weak metal and burn to easily. The left rear Automatic window cable came out of the track bending the cable making it useless. I open the door panel and locked it into the closed position. Edges of the paint on my radio cover plate has worn off from my finger nails. But that is it. The engine light come on from time to time since about 90,000 but I haven't had it checked. I just make sure it has all the fluids. I have used not but synthetic oil since 91'.