Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

2007 Malibu
By MoJoDaddy

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used Malibu recently. This vehicle has been a pleasure since day 1. I've had it into them for general maintenance and each experience has been great. The buying experience was also first rate.

Favorite Features

gas mileage, comfort, ease of use.

My last car
By maineak

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Being retired, I picked this used car in mind that it is probably the last car I will have. I have only driven a 1,000 miles but am impressed with gas mileage (28 mpg) around town. The front seat console is poorly designed and I don't seem able to have things easily at my reach. The heater/vent area has a vibration that is annoying and comes and goes when you least expect it. I know if I have it checked out, there will be another vibration when they put it back together so will live with it. The access panel on the passenger side keeps falling off since it is only held there with velcro tabs. Time will tell if I like car. It will have to go some to compete with my 1996 Olds (best car).

Favorite Features

Gas mileage Style Gas miles left indicator

Suggested Improvements

front console adjustable driver seat

Good Bang for the Buck
By wv-chevy

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all it is great on gas mileage (I have the 2.2 ECO-TEC), I got 500+ miles out of a tank once on a straight interstate trip, usually get 350-375 miles or so with mixed driving. It is fun to drive, very responsive and handles very well. I live in an area where there is some snow in the winter and I have yet to have a problem getting around when the roads are snow/slush covered. Outside the car really isn't much to look at but it isn't an eye sore either. The interior is about the same, fairly plain, not great looking but it's not terrible either. The seats are comfortable enough and there is ample room in the back for passengers.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, handling and the oil filter is on top of the motor which makes for a very easy oil change! You get a very good vehicle for the price.

Suggested Improvements

Everything I would suggest has been done to the 2008 and above models. Improve the looks on the inside and outside.

So far so good
By kennx01

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy and so far I have not had a problem. I have read the other reviews and it seems that the people with the LT 2.2 seem to be the most pleased with their vehicle. The gas mileage is good and this car is a lot more comfortable than the Mazda I had before. I think if Chevy can continue to improve its cars this will not be my last Chevy. Good luck and safe driving to everyone who purchased this car, so far I love Malibu.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable. Maybe i'm getting old but this car is a lot more comfortable than the Mazda it replaced.

Suggested Improvements

Heated mirrors, and OnStar on all GM cars.

Good care for me
By deucey

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am in the U.S Army and have to run back and forth between places a lot of the time. The MPG is a major plus. I love the Malibu and have not had any problems with it at all since I have bought it.

Favorite Features

Heated seats and smart system for the radio.