2007 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Roomy, and dependable
By terresa on 12/02/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We have 3 kids and this car provides plenty of leg room for all of us. It drives smoothly and has been completely dependable. We have saved no telling how much in fuel costs since buying this car.

Less trips to the gas station.
By Gayle on 11/24/07 07:46 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 in Aug. of this year and have loved driving it every since. After driving nothing but mini vans and SUVs for over 20 years it is nice to be saving money at the gas pumps. The car is also fun to drive, sporty looking,but appropriate for those of us over 40. I have not had a chance to drive it in the snow yet so that is my only concern since I have a long commute to and from work and I am used to vehicles that sit higher off the ground.

Malibu not a Threat to Honda or Toyota
By company car on 11/04/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This company car is poorly designed.Door hinges cheap, front end replaced in 38,00 miles as was the a/c compressor, rotors, and wiper mechanism. There is a flutter in the a/c vent that no one can explain and is noisy. Others with our company have similiar problems so this is not a one caro thing. Also pwer steering problems with some

2007 Malibu LS
By Mike on 10/31/07 16:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I am 55 years old and have owned all brands of cars, including new Mercedes. Although the car is new and therefore reliability cannot be determined, the first impression is very favorable. The car is refined, comfortable, and tight. It gives the impression of solidity. The paint and finish are top notch. Sitting position is upright. Frankly, I couldn't believe it was such a nicely designed car, European-like. All options you would want are standard, except for the safety package which is standard next year. Safety ratings are excellent. Time will tell about reliability, but out of the box its pretty much a home run.

I bought another one!
By Malibu4Life on 10/21/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My first car was a '68 Malibu. Yeah I know its a Chevelle, but to me it is and always will be a Malibu! I just traded in my '02 for the '07 Malibu SS. Wow! I love the pick up. I love the four wheel brake system! A lot roomier than the '02. The only thing I don't like is the boxy look. But after test driving it....it was mine! And I only went to the car lot to see if they had the new '08 models on the lot yet!

My little zippy Chevy
By cece on 09/10/07 15:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

All i can say I love my Malibu. I did a lot of research on this car, and when I sat in it I knew it should be mine. I had also had been looking at the Ford Focus when I pulled in the Ford lot to tell them I decided on the Chevy. I received nothing but compliments.

2007 Chevy Malibu LS
By Timothy J. Konopka on 07/25/07 13:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu on July 6, 2007 and am extremely happy with it. The build quality, i.e. fit, finish and mechanics are exceptional! I was very surprised with how powerful the 2.2 four cylinder is. This car handles very well and is fun to drive! I needed a fuel efficient car since I drive 80 miles a day to work and Chevy did not disappoint with an average of 28.5 miles per gallon. An exceptional value.

Pep with good mileage
By Casey on 07/12/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car handles great and gets 32 mpg hwy with a 3.5 engine. I like the European look especially in the silver color. Also has sunroof and spoiler. Great price compared to others in its class. (About 4000 less than book because it was a buy back). The electric power steering motor had to be replaced right off the bat but it was done quickly and there has been no trouble since. My wife and I took on a steep and winding country road when trying it out and we were hooked.

Better than expected
By DVB on 05/15/07 17:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I rented this car for a very long road trip(3500 miles)with no expectations whatsoever. At first I was somewhat put off by the lack of pizzaz both inside and out, but the car quickly won me over. It was more comfortable than my Honda pilot for long travel, and the gas mileage was exceptional for a full size car at 37 for pure highway driving and no worse than 33 in mixed driving. It also performed well in the mountains, had a good stereo and not much road noise. It lacked some electronic features, the cup holders are inconvenient, and had a small b/t seat storage compartment. Overall a good solid, no frills auto.

Rear Brake Noise
By G. Stachwick on 04/10/07 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I was greatly impressed with all aspects of the car except for one problem, a grunting or rumph noise in the rear breakes when the brakes were applied at a full stop. The dealer has removed the noise with brake repair. Unfortunatley the dealer found the same problem on another unsold Malibu on the lot. So as a warning to other potential buyers, in your test drive with radio and air condioning off, listen for this noise when making a full stop, especially when releasing the brake before moving on.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.