Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Decent Car
By EdDav

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used 2 years ago. Has been reliable. Has been mostly glitch free.

Smooth ride. Responsive steering.

Improve interior quality by eliminating hard plastics. Improve exterior styling. Improve interior comfort by eliminating cockpit-like feel. Improve frontward visibility (common problem in many vehicles). Improve quality of cloth on bucket seats, are rough and uncomfortable to skin.

Rattle under the dashboard
By Ed

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Malibu LTZ in September 2009 with 22100 miles. Very clean and sporty. Stereo system sounds great. Only problem is when I'm driving on the highway an annoying rattle comes and goes under the dashboard. Sounds like a leaf stuck in the vent but it's not. It sounds like it is coming from the heating/cooling system. I noticed many others had same complaints of an annoying rattle under the dashboard.

leather seats, moon roof, large trunk,

Coloring on stereo knobs rubs off easily making interior look cheap.

2007 Malibu
By MoJoDaddy

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used Malibu recently. This vehicle has been a pleasure since day 1. I've had it into them for general maintenance and each experience has been great. The buying experience was also first rate.

gas mileage, comfort, ease of use.

My last car
By maineak

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Being retired, I picked this used car in mind that it is probably the last car I will have. I have only driven a 1,000 miles but am impressed with gas mileage (28 mpg) around town. The front seat console is poorly designed and I don't seem able to have things easily at my reach. The heater/vent area has a vibration that is annoying and comes and goes when you least expect it. I know if I have it checked out, there will be another vibration when they put it back together so will live with it. The access panel on the passenger side keeps falling off since it is only held there with velcro tabs. Time will tell if I like car. It will have to go some to compete with my 1996 Olds (best car).

Gas mileage Style Gas miles left indicator

front console adjustable driver seat

Good Bang for the Buck
By wv-chevy

2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all it is great on gas mileage (I have the 2.2 ECO-TEC), I got 500+ miles out of a tank once on a straight interstate trip, usually get 350-375 miles or so with mixed driving. It is fun to drive, very responsive and handles very well. I live in an area where there is some snow in the winter and I have yet to have a problem getting around when the roads are snow/slush covered. Outside the car really isn't much to look at but it isn't an eye sore either. The interior is about the same, fairly plain, not great looking but it's not terrible either. The seats are comfortable enough and there is ample room in the back for passengers.

Fuel mileage, handling and the oil filter is on top of the motor which makes for a very easy oil change! You get a very good vehicle for the price.

Everything I would suggest has been done to the 2008 and above models. Improve the looks on the inside and outside.