2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
2007 Malibu
By TOM CRAWFORD on 09/15/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle for a daily commute of fifty miles. I had been driving a Mitsubishi Galant with 120000 miles on it. My Malibu had 27,800 miles when I bought it off lease. So far I have driven over 1000 miles and have discovered that my mileage at 45mph is 43 mpg, at 55 mph its 39mpg and at 70 mph it is 35 mpg. I am overly pleased with the mpg as well as the ride. I am 6'3 and 280 pounds and I have tons of leg room in the front drivers area. It is a lot of fun to drive and will probably purchase another one

Chevy girl
By Chevy girl on 09/09/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Chevy Malibu. I thought at first it would drive boring. But this car is impressive. I was hit the first week I had it from behind. The car did not even dent, but I still had the bumper and the underneath frame straightened. Great gas mileage. Can be sporty depends on the model. I feel that it's a great car to pass down to my teenage daughter.

GM needs to recall
By unhappy on 08/29/08 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in a car accident do to steering wheel locking up and being unable to steer car. Front axle broke and A arm broke GM sent out an inspector which they determined the reason this happened was that I had hit a curb and that is why it happened. I refuse to believe that and am very unhappy with there answer. I can't believe that such a reputable company has let me down. I also can't believe that they told me that this problem had never been reported when in fact I have found many complaints on the internet about the same thing I really do not feel comfortable in this car anymore and will never purchase any vehicle from GM. I really think they need to look into this and recall cars

Chevrolet Steered Me Wrong
By Just Some Dude on 08/19/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'd rented a 2007 Malibu when my last car was being repaired, and I was so surprised that a GM product was so nice! So when it came time to buy a new car, this was my first choice. First the pluses: Mileage is well over 30 on hilly terrain. Downers: I've had to have the steering column replaced once and serviced a second time, and disturbing noises (under-the-hood rattle, dashboard rattle) developed rather soon after my purchase. The thing that really makes the car seem cheap is that writing keeps rubbing off seldom-used controls, particularly on the stereo. This will make the second radio replaced for that reason. Great ride, except that I worry about durability.

You Get What You Pay For
By Mal Abue on 07/24/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a cheap, economical company vehicle and chose the Malibu over Japanese competitors. It is averaging 33+ mpg on highway commuting and 29 to 30 in town. The car is comparable or better than anything built by other car companies in its price range. You get what you pay for and the Malibu is tough to beat for its price.

Malibu anti-theft malfuction
By Rebecca on 07/09/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 4000 miles on my Malibu car and I have an anti theft malfunction. The car just dies on you and you have to have it towed to the dealership each time it happens. GMC has not offered a recall on this problem and there are hundreds of complaints online about the same problem. I'm not happy with it because of this problem and also because once you're on the freeway you can't have the windows open as you can with Fords and other cars. The car starts vibrating and making an awful sound so you have to shut the windows. This was a very costly experience and I regret changing from 40 years with Ford.

Great Car 2.2 LT Malibu 2007
By Gangsta Malibu 2.2 on 07/07/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car and it was great. I loved it. First i oswned all Japanese cars such as Toyota, Honda etc, I think that the American car such as Chevy are way better in terms of performance and design. This car has a really powerful engine (Ecotec 2.2 cylinder) for a mid-size car. I love it. I would highly recommend it to everyone. It is a great buy. Great car, great design, great performance, great reliability. So many words to describe a wonderful car. Highly recommended.

Good car for the money
By bill of rights on 03/11/08 02:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I do a lot of driving for business so I needed an inexpensive car that got good gas mileage and would be reliable. I got a great deal on the 07 because the 08s were coming to the dealer lots. The car now has 21000 miles on it with no problems at all. 95% of miles are highway and I have averaged around 31mpg at 70-75mph. The front seats need more padding and the car doesn't like the wind on the interstate. Overall the car has been great and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good solid car and doesn't want to break the bank.

Love It!
By smiley on 03/10/08 14:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Before I bought this car I hated driving and this car has completely turned that around. This car is so easy to drive, its quiet, fast, and comfortable, I really feel safe driving it, and the bun warmers are the best. This car also does great in the snow I did not even need studs. I really recomend this car for overall value, one thing though it has a rattle noise when the fan is on. Great car though!

2007 Malibu SS
By Dave on 02/09/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with about 2,000 miles on it, had it for about a year and put around 17,000 miles on it myself. The leg-room is one of the main reasons I bought it as I'm a tall guy, the pedals can even be lowered via a button on the dashboard(may be an option.) Accelleration is good/OK, not as good as my old Buick Regal GS but sufficient. Outside styling is nice and somewhat mean-looking/old muscle car style. The seats may be a little hard for some but so far no problems on long trips and very pleased. As far as reliability goes, no problems except excessive brake squeek which has all but gone away since the odometer read around 15,000 miles. I give it a B!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.