Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

are you crazy?
By idiots1

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu used at 51,000 miles. The car did have a few little glitches, like the windshield wiper hub vibration(easily fixed) which was a manufacture defect. I fixed it with 2 sided tape 46,000 miles ago. No more vibration. After a few mods, like a new throttle body/ intake manifold and higher duration cams i got a regular 16 % millage increase and 42 more horses. That all cost me less than $1300. which brings the total up to $22,320. still a better value than the competition. The car handles great on the windy Adirondack mountain roads that I live on and is adequately aggressive in traffic. Although it could really do with a 6 speed, the car is still fast enough.

Great Car.

Chevy bought me over with this car
By mvozz888

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all I would like to say that I find it disappointing to read negative reviews on such a marvelous car. Anyone experiencing major engine or trans. issues has probably not serviced their vehicle at regular reccomended intervals.
The 2.2 liter ecotec engine is incredibly economical, though it could use a few more horses.

Before i purchased this car from my father, it had been used every day as a company car.
My father is a salesman who is on the road daily with considerable amounts of extra cargo weight added.
He was putting 500+ miles on it weekly.
This car has had no issues with engine, transmission, torque conv, etc.
It currently has 105,432 miles and still runs strong.

My favorite features are the massive trunk space, great gas mileage (34 mpg highway) and 28 city. Lots of legroom and extremely quiet while driving. The chevy malibu also has electronic steering instead of the usual power steering which I find very crisp and provides great driveablity. This car also sticks to the road and has available traction control during our insanely cold connecticut winters. For a 2wd car is performs suprisingly well in winter time driving situations.

I would suggest improving the awkward 4 speed transmission with torque converter. The concept is great and i can understand that the cars shift ratio is set up for good gas mileage but the malibu has an excessive love for low rpm bandwiths which can lead to almost a struggling of the engine to overcome steep inclines. I would also suggest that GM jump on the "not cheap interior" bandwagon and actually outfit the inside of their vehicles with quality items. Other than those mentioned above, the 2007 Chevy malibu is an extremely reliable car, great for a first car or family vehicle. I would suggest this car to any one of my friends or family members.

Bad Choice
By Very Disappointed

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with every bad review on the 2007 Chevy Malibu. I was so excited when I purchased this car November of 2008 and now I'm very disappointed. Since having this car, my radio has been replaced with a new one and day later it went bad again. The wheel bearing had to be replaced, the inside dum light too and worst of all like every other 07 Chevy Malibu my power steering column has went bad after 88,000 miles costing a little under a 1,000 bucks to be repaired. There is not a recall and I think that that is not fair when buying a car that's only three years old.

Excellent Gas Mileage

Everything!

I will never buy one again
By Paul S

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had the car 2 weeks when the passenger airbag sensor went bad. Then the gas gauge stopped working not long after that, then the engine light started coming on also sensor on the power steering started going bad, this car is a piece of junk.

everything.

Done with chevy
By zuesman

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've always been a Chevy guy, but i think its time to switch. At only 60,000 miles the dreaded power steering clunk that all malibus are having showed up, the exhaust is leaking very bad , the rattle noise in the dash is driving me nuts, you cannot open the rear windows over 30 mph because the rear panel under the rear window starts to rattle, need i say more . GM says there are no recalls on these issues . Ok who decides to issues a recall? They need to take care of these problems . I dumping this joke , heading to the ford dealership soon. good luck chevy . give me a call next time you need a bailout . NOT

none

shutdown and sell to ford