Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Bad Choice
By Very Disappointed

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with every bad review on the 2007 Chevy Malibu. I was so excited when I purchased this car November of 2008 and now I'm very disappointed. Since having this car, my radio has been replaced with a new one and day later it went bad again. The wheel bearing had to be replaced, the inside dum light too and worst of all like every other 07 Chevy Malibu my power steering column has went bad after 88,000 miles costing a little under a 1,000 bucks to be repaired. There is not a recall and I think that that is not fair when buying a car that's only three years old.

Excellent Gas Mileage

Everything!

I will never buy one again
By Paul S

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had the car 2 weeks when the passenger airbag sensor went bad. Then the gas gauge stopped working not long after that, then the engine light started coming on also sensor on the power steering started going bad, this car is a piece of junk.

everything.

Done with chevy
By zuesman

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've always been a Chevy guy, but i think its time to switch. At only 60,000 miles the dreaded power steering clunk that all malibus are having showed up, the exhaust is leaking very bad , the rattle noise in the dash is driving me nuts, you cannot open the rear windows over 30 mph because the rear panel under the rear window starts to rattle, need i say more . GM says there are no recalls on these issues . Ok who decides to issues a recall? They need to take care of these problems . I dumping this joke , heading to the ford dealership soon. good luck chevy . give me a call next time you need a bailout . NOT

none

shutdown and sell to ford

Poorly built
By tim

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car hoping it would be a good vehicle like the previous GM products I purchased in the past. I am disappointed and the more I drive it the more I hate it. My number one complaint is road noise. You can here every bump you hit and everything rattles under the car. The plastic bumpers, grill, and lights are easily moved with your hands. the whole front end is held on by plastic clips allowing a lot of travel and contributing to the road noise. GM could have done a better job. Not the quality product I expected from GM.

Dash, Console

Noise reduction. Better Built front end

You Get What You Pay For
By rtmack

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted a 4- door car with good gas mileage. I didn't expect too much. I'm satisfied with the car. There is a rattle around the passenger dash/firewall. It is pretty much constant. There is another rattle around 45mph that seems to come from under the car. Other people have reported these rattles.

Gas mileage is very good for the size of the car. It is roomy enough for 4 people.

The rattles are very annoying. It will also make the car hard to sell. The suspension is too soft, which makes it harder to drive in the snow.