2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Chevy bought me over with this car
By mvozz888 on 10/24/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all I would like to say that I find it disappointing to read negative reviews on such a marvelous car. Anyone experiencing major engine or trans. issues has probably not serviced their vehicle at regular reccomended intervals. The 2.2 liter ecotec engine is incredibly economical, though it could use a few more horses. Before i purchased this car from my father, it had been used every day as a company car. My father is a salesman who is on the road daily with considerable amounts of extra cargo weight added. He was putting 500+ miles on it weekly. This car has had no issues with engine, transmission, torque conv, etc. It currently has 105,432 miles and still runs strong.

2007 Malibu
By MoJoDaddy on 04/13/09 14:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a used Malibu recently. This vehicle has been a pleasure since day 1. I've had it into them for general maintenance and each experience has been great. The buying experience was also first rate.

My last car
By maineak on 03/17/09 15:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Being retired, I picked this used car in mind that it is probably the last car I will have. I have only driven a 1,000 miles but am impressed with gas mileage (28 mpg) around town. The front seat console is poorly designed and I don't seem able to have things easily at my reach. The heater/vent area has a vibration that is annoying and comes and goes when you least expect it. I know if I have it checked out, there will be another vibration when they put it back together so will live with it. The access panel on the passenger side keeps falling off since it is only held there with velcro tabs. Time will tell if I like car. It will have to go some to compete with my 1996 Olds (best car).

So far so good
By kennx01 on 12/21/08 13:22 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevy and so far I have not had a problem. I have read the other reviews and it seems that the people with the LT 2.2 seem to be the most pleased with their vehicle. The gas mileage is good and this car is a lot more comfortable than the Mazda I had before. I think if Chevy can continue to improve its cars this will not be my last Chevy. Good luck and safe driving to everyone who purchased this car, so far I love Malibu.

2007 Malibu
By TOM CRAWFORD on 09/15/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle for a daily commute of fifty miles. I had been driving a Mitsubishi Galant with 120000 miles on it. My Malibu had 27,800 miles when I bought it off lease. So far I have driven over 1000 miles and have discovered that my mileage at 45mph is 43 mpg, at 55 mph its 39mpg and at 70 mph it is 35 mpg. I am overly pleased with the mpg as well as the ride. I am 6'3 and 280 pounds and I have tons of leg room in the front drivers area. It is a lot of fun to drive and will probably purchase another one

Chevy girl
By Chevy girl on 09/09/08 20:04 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Chevy Malibu. I thought at first it would drive boring. But this car is impressive. I was hit the first week I had it from behind. The car did not even dent, but I still had the bumper and the underneath frame straightened. Great gas mileage. Can be sporty depends on the model. I feel that it's a great car to pass down to my teenage daughter.

GM needs to recall
By unhappy on 08/29/08 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in a car accident do to steering wheel locking up and being unable to steer car. Front axle broke and A arm broke GM sent out an inspector which they determined the reason this happened was that I had hit a curb and that is why it happened. I refuse to believe that and am very unhappy with there answer. I can't believe that such a reputable company has let me down. I also can't believe that they told me that this problem had never been reported when in fact I have found many complaints on the internet about the same thing I really do not feel comfortable in this car anymore and will never purchase any vehicle from GM. I really think they need to look into this and recall cars

Great Car 2.2 LT Malibu 2007
By Gangsta Malibu 2.2 on 07/07/08 12:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car and it was great. I loved it. First i oswned all Japanese cars such as Toyota, Honda etc, I think that the American car such as Chevy are way better in terms of performance and design. This car has a really powerful engine (Ecotec 2.2 cylinder) for a mid-size car. I love it. I would highly recommend it to everyone. It is a great buy. Great car, great design, great performance, great reliability. So many words to describe a wonderful car. Highly recommended.

Better than expected
By DVB on 05/15/07 17:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I rented this car for a very long road trip(3500 miles)with no expectations whatsoever. At first I was somewhat put off by the lack of pizzaz both inside and out, but the car quickly won me over. It was more comfortable than my Honda pilot for long travel, and the gas mileage was exceptional for a full size car at 37 for pure highway driving and no worse than 33 in mixed driving. It also performed well in the mountains, had a good stereo and not much road noise. It lacked some electronic features, the cup holders are inconvenient, and had a small b/t seat storage compartment. Overall a good solid, no frills auto.

Excellent Daily Driver!
By Takis Tzinakos on 01/09/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Drove the Malibu 3500kms in three weeks, in town and on the highway. It`s an excellent daily driver, comfortable and roomy with adequate power, acceptable handling, and very good brakes (ABS would help). Found it sensitive to high winds and while the fuel consuption was 8.2L / 100km in town didn`t get any better on the highway. Overal quality, performance, comfort, styling etc. OK, but not on a par with the Hyundai Sonata!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.