2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Death trap & money pit
By v85 on 09/21/14 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a horrible car. Not long after I bought it, the steering rack had to be replaced (ended up being replaced 4x in under a year). I had to replace the sway bars and the brake pads were warped - keep in mind this was all at 30k-40k miles. Even better? At 63k miles, the engine light came on because the thermostat was broken. Also, in 1 month, I received 2 recalls - one has to do with the brakes, the other has to do with the transmission. In 5.5 yrs, I put almost $2500 in keeping this thing running. I recently traded it off for a foreign car. Thanks for the solid work, GM!

Bad Choice
By Very Disappointed on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with every bad review on the 2007 Chevy Malibu. I was so excited when I purchased this car November of 2008 and now I'm very disappointed. Since having this car, my radio has been replaced with a new one and day later it went bad again. The wheel bearing had to be replaced, the inside dum light too and worst of all like every other 07 Chevy Malibu my power steering column has went bad after 88,000 miles costing a little under a 1,000 bucks to be repaired. There is not a recall and I think that that is not fair when buying a car that's only three years old.

Poorly built
By tim on 07/15/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car hoping it would be a good vehicle like the previous GM products I purchased in the past. I am disappointed and the more I drive it the more I hate it. My number one complaint is road noise. You can here every bump you hit and everything rattles under the car. The plastic bumpers, grill, and lights are easily moved with your hands. the whole front end is held on by plastic clips allowing a lot of travel and contributing to the road noise. GM could have done a better job. Not the quality product I expected from GM.

You Get What You Pay For
By rtmack on 02/15/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted a 4- door car with good gas mileage. I didn't expect too much. I'm satisfied with the car. There is a rattle around the passenger dash/firewall. It is pretty much constant. There is another rattle around 45mph that seems to come from under the car. Other people have reported these rattles.

Decent Car
By EdDav on 11/03/09 00:28 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used 2 years ago. Has been reliable. Has been mostly glitch free.

Good Bang for the Buck
By wv-chevy on 01/20/09 09:07 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all it is great on gas mileage (I have the 2.2 ECO-TEC), I got 500+ miles out of a tank once on a straight interstate trip, usually get 350-375 miles or so with mixed driving. It is fun to drive, very responsive and handles very well. I live in an area where there is some snow in the winter and I have yet to have a problem getting around when the roads are snow/slush covered. Outside the car really isn't much to look at but it isn't an eye sore either. The interior is about the same, fairly plain, not great looking but it's not terrible either. The seats are comfortable enough and there is ample room in the back for passengers.

Save the cash
By Celica Enthusiest on 09/18/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I haven't enjoyed driving this car very much at all. The steering wheel is very large and hard to turn sharply. The acceleration is poor and when going up even the slightest hill it loses at least 10 miles per hour. The interior is well made and comfortable except for the material that covers the seats. I haven't had any mechanical problems but there is a constant rattle after you hit 45mph and it won't stop. The outside is very plain and doesn't appeal to the eye. It just isn't that great of a car.

You Get What You Pay For
By Mal Abue on 07/24/08 20:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I needed a cheap, economical company vehicle and chose the Malibu over Japanese competitors. It is averaging 33+ mpg on highway commuting and 29 to 30 in town. The car is comparable or better than anything built by other car companies in its price range. You get what you pay for and the Malibu is tough to beat for its price.

Good car for the money
By bill of rights on 03/11/08 02:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I do a lot of driving for business so I needed an inexpensive car that got good gas mileage and would be reliable. I got a great deal on the 07 because the 08s were coming to the dealer lots. The car now has 21000 miles on it with no problems at all. 95% of miles are highway and I have averaged around 31mpg at 70-75mph. The front seats need more padding and the car doesn't like the wind on the interstate. Overall the car has been great and I would recommend it to anyone who wants a good solid car and doesn't want to break the bank.

Love It!
By smiley on 03/10/08 14:06 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Before I bought this car I hated driving and this car has completely turned that around. This car is so easy to drive, its quiet, fast, and comfortable, I really feel safe driving it, and the bun warmers are the best. This car also does great in the snow I did not even need studs. I really recomend this car for overall value, one thing though it has a rattle noise when the fan is on. Great car though!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.