Used 2007 Chevrolet Malibu LS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Death trap & money pit
By v85

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a horrible car. Not long after I bought it, the steering rack had to be replaced (ended up being replaced 4x in under a year). I had to replace the sway bars and the brake pads were warped - keep in mind this was all at 30k-40k miles. Even better? At 63k miles, the engine light came on because the thermostat was broken. Also, in 1 month, I received 2 recalls - one has to do with the brakes, the other has to do with the transmission. In 5.5 yrs, I put almost $2500 in keeping this thing running. I recently traded it off for a foreign car. Thanks for the solid work, GM!

Everything

Bad Choice
By Very Disappointed

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with every bad review on the 2007 Chevy Malibu. I was so excited when I purchased this car November of 2008 and now I'm very disappointed. Since having this car, my radio has been replaced with a new one and day later it went bad again. The wheel bearing had to be replaced, the inside dum light too and worst of all like every other 07 Chevy Malibu my power steering column has went bad after 88,000 miles costing a little under a 1,000 bucks to be repaired. There is not a recall and I think that that is not fair when buying a car that's only three years old.

Excellent Gas Mileage

Everything!

Poorly built
By tim

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car hoping it would be a good vehicle like the previous GM products I purchased in the past. I am disappointed and the more I drive it the more I hate it. My number one complaint is road noise. You can here every bump you hit and everything rattles under the car. The plastic bumpers, grill, and lights are easily moved with your hands. the whole front end is held on by plastic clips allowing a lot of travel and contributing to the road noise. GM could have done a better job. Not the quality product I expected from GM.

Dash, Console

Noise reduction. Better Built front end

You Get What You Pay For
By rtmack

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted a 4- door car with good gas mileage. I didn't expect too much. I'm satisfied with the car. There is a rattle around the passenger dash/firewall. It is pretty much constant. There is another rattle around 45mph that seems to come from under the car. Other people have reported these rattles.

Gas mileage is very good for the size of the car. It is roomy enough for 4 people.

The rattles are very annoying. It will also make the car hard to sell. The suspension is too soft, which makes it harder to drive in the snow.

Decent Car
By EdDav

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased used 2 years ago. Has been reliable. Has been mostly glitch free.

Smooth ride. Responsive steering.

Improve interior quality by eliminating hard plastics. Improve exterior styling. Improve interior comfort by eliminating cockpit-like feel. Improve frontward visibility (common problem in many vehicles). Improve quality of cloth on bucket seats, are rough and uncomfortable to skin.