2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
I'm Going Back to Toyotas
By dlb9 on 10/29/12 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Malibu is comfortable, it drives well, but the fuel sensor broke at around 60,000 miles, and now it is clunking when I turn. I inherited this car -- it's only the second Chevy I've owned, and when I buy a new car, I'm going back to Toyotas. I could put 200,000 miles on those cars before having the issues I'm having with this Malibu.

Rattle under the dashboard
By Ed on 10/18/09 04:24 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 Malibu LTZ in September 2009 with 22100 miles. Very clean and sporty. Stereo system sounds great. Only problem is when I'm driving on the highway an annoying rattle comes and goes under the dashboard. Sounds like a leaf stuck in the vent but it's not. It sounds like it is coming from the heating/cooling system. I noticed many others had same complaints of an annoying rattle under the dashboard.

Malibu anti-theft malfuction
By Rebecca on 07/09/08 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I only have 4000 miles on my Malibu car and I have an anti theft malfunction. The car just dies on you and you have to have it towed to the dealership each time it happens. GMC has not offered a recall on this problem and there are hundreds of complaints online about the same problem. I'm not happy with it because of this problem and also because once you're on the freeway you can't have the windows open as you can with Fords and other cars. The car starts vibrating and making an awful sound so you have to shut the windows. This was a very costly experience and I regret changing from 40 years with Ford.

Less trips to the gas station.
By Gayle on 11/24/07 07:46 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2007 in Aug. of this year and have loved driving it every since. After driving nothing but mini vans and SUVs for over 20 years it is nice to be saving money at the gas pumps. The car is also fun to drive, sporty looking,but appropriate for those of us over 40. I have not had a chance to drive it in the snow yet so that is my only concern since I have a long commute to and from work and I am used to vehicles that sit higher off the ground.

My little zippy Chevy
By cece on 09/10/07 15:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

All i can say I love my Malibu. I did a lot of research on this car, and when I sat in it I knew it should be mine. I had also had been looking at the Ford Focus when I pulled in the Ford lot to tell them I decided on the Chevy. I received nothing but compliments.

Love my LTZ!
By Tom on 02/15/07 19:16 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my car for a little over 4 months and the more I drive it, the more I like it. I love all of the feaures on this car, especially the remote start and heated seats. The car drives very well and has a lot more room than you would expect for a mid sized car. It drives great and has handled all sorts of weather including snow with no problems. It truly is a really nice car with a lot going for it!

I love this car and would buy another.
By jacquelyne beasley on 12/25/06 10:17 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is one of the best cars I have owned in my entire life. If I could get my husband to buy me another one I would. I love my car and I want another one just to go to church in only on Sunday and nothing else. Great car, great design, good on my budget. Thank you GM.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.