2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Death trap & money pit
By v85 on 09/21/14 06:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a horrible car. Not long after I bought it, the steering rack had to be replaced (ended up being replaced 4x in under a year). I had to replace the sway bars and the brake pads were warped - keep in mind this was all at 30k-40k miles. Even better? At 63k miles, the engine light came on because the thermostat was broken. Also, in 1 month, I received 2 recalls - one has to do with the brakes, the other has to do with the transmission. In 5.5 yrs, I put almost $2500 in keeping this thing running. I recently traded it off for a foreign car. Thanks for the solid work, GM!

I'm Going Back to Toyotas
By dlb9 on 10/29/12 16:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Malibu is comfortable, it drives well, but the fuel sensor broke at around 60,000 miles, and now it is clunking when I turn. I inherited this car -- it's only the second Chevy I've owned, and when I buy a new car, I'm going back to Toyotas. I could put 200,000 miles on those cars before having the issues I'm having with this Malibu.

Regret this purchase GM
By dmt1968 on 04/12/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Malibu. I bought this one because I was so pleased with my '03. This '07 is a big let down. At only 52k miles, I have many problems. Gas gage doesn't work, Transmission slams and slips gears, Grinding noise in the front wheels (breaks are fine). I've kept up on all of my scheduled maintances, and of course the power-tran warranty ran out at 5 yrs. I guess GM planned that out well. The dealer swears they can't find a thing wrong with the transmission, but I really don't think you should feel like someone rear ended you when you come to a stop. And, I hate that the transmission is a closed system, can't even check the fluid without taking it to a mechanic.

are you crazy?
By idiots1 on 12/22/11 20:36 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased my Malibu used at 51,000 miles. The car did have a few little glitches, like the windshield wiper hub vibration(easily fixed) which was a manufacture defect. I fixed it with 2 sided tape 46,000 miles ago. No more vibration. After a few mods, like a new throttle body/ intake manifold and higher duration cams i got a regular 16 % millage increase and 42 more horses. That all cost me less than $1300. which brings the total up to $22,320. still a better value than the competition. The car handles great on the windy Adirondack mountain roads that I live on and is adequately aggressive in traffic. Although it could really do with a 6 speed, the car is still fast enough. Great Car.

Chevy bought me over with this car
By mvozz888 on 10/24/11 08:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First of all I would like to say that I find it disappointing to read negative reviews on such a marvelous car. Anyone experiencing major engine or trans. issues has probably not serviced their vehicle at regular reccomended intervals. The 2.2 liter ecotec engine is incredibly economical, though it could use a few more horses. Before i purchased this car from my father, it had been used every day as a company car. My father is a salesman who is on the road daily with considerable amounts of extra cargo weight added. He was putting 500+ miles on it weekly. This car has had no issues with engine, transmission, torque conv, etc. It currently has 105,432 miles and still runs strong.

Bad Choice
By Very Disappointed on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I agree with every bad review on the 2007 Chevy Malibu. I was so excited when I purchased this car November of 2008 and now I'm very disappointed. Since having this car, my radio has been replaced with a new one and day later it went bad again. The wheel bearing had to be replaced, the inside dum light too and worst of all like every other 07 Chevy Malibu my power steering column has went bad after 88,000 miles costing a little under a 1,000 bucks to be repaired. There is not a recall and I think that that is not fair when buying a car that's only three years old.

I will never buy one again
By Paul S on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had the car 2 weeks when the passenger airbag sensor went bad. Then the gas gauge stopped working not long after that, then the engine light started coming on also sensor on the power steering started going bad, this car is a piece of junk.

Done with chevy
By zuesman on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've always been a Chevy guy, but i think its time to switch. At only 60,000 miles the dreaded power steering clunk that all malibus are having showed up, the exhaust is leaking very bad , the rattle noise in the dash is driving me nuts, you cannot open the rear windows over 30 mph because the rear panel under the rear window starts to rattle, need i say more . GM says there are no recalls on these issues . Ok who decides to issues a recall? They need to take care of these problems . I dumping this joke , heading to the ford dealership soon. good luck chevy . give me a call next time you need a bailout . NOT

Poorly built
By tim on 07/15/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car hoping it would be a good vehicle like the previous GM products I purchased in the past. I am disappointed and the more I drive it the more I hate it. My number one complaint is road noise. You can here every bump you hit and everything rattles under the car. The plastic bumpers, grill, and lights are easily moved with your hands. the whole front end is held on by plastic clips allowing a lot of travel and contributing to the road noise. GM could have done a better job. Not the quality product I expected from GM.

You Get What You Pay For
By rtmack on 02/15/10 09:45 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I wanted a 4- door car with good gas mileage. I didn't expect too much. I'm satisfied with the car. There is a rattle around the passenger dash/firewall. It is pretty much constant. There is another rattle around 45mph that seems to come from under the car. Other people have reported these rattles.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.