2007 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Regret this purchase GM
By dmt1968 on 04/12/12 10:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Malibu. I bought this one because I was so pleased with my '03. This '07 is a big let down. At only 52k miles, I have many problems. Gas gage doesn't work, Transmission slams and slips gears, Grinding noise in the front wheels (breaks are fine). I've kept up on all of my scheduled maintances, and of course the power-tran warranty ran out at 5 yrs. I guess GM planned that out well. The dealer swears they can't find a thing wrong with the transmission, but I really don't think you should feel like someone rear ended you when you come to a stop. And, I hate that the transmission is a closed system, can't even check the fluid without taking it to a mechanic.

2nd Great Malibu
By SGMJCT on 11/16/09 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Traded 2001 Malibu for this Blk 2007 Malibu SS with pwr sunroof. One of the most comfortable autos I have had the pleasure of driving especially on long trips. Been from RI to far west twice with no problems. Love the 4 wheel brake system, easy to use info system.

2007 Malibu SS
By Dave on 02/09/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with about 2,000 miles on it, had it for about a year and put around 17,000 miles on it myself. The leg-room is one of the main reasons I bought it as I'm a tall guy, the pedals can even be lowered via a button on the dashboard(may be an option.) Accelleration is good/OK, not as good as my old Buick Regal GS but sufficient. Outside styling is nice and somewhat mean-looking/old muscle car style. The seats may be a little hard for some but so far no problems on long trips and very pleased. As far as reliability goes, no problems except excessive brake squeek which has all but gone away since the odometer read around 15,000 miles. I give it a B!

I bought another one!
By Malibu4Life on 10/21/07 07:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My first car was a '68 Malibu. Yeah I know its a Chevelle, but to me it is and always will be a Malibu! I just traded in my '02 for the '07 Malibu SS. Wow! I love the pick up. I love the four wheel brake system! A lot roomier than the '02. The only thing I don't like is the boxy look. But after test driving it....it was mine! And I only went to the car lot to see if they had the new '08 models on the lot yet!

Great Deal
By Gohtraw on 02/09/07 18:20 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

When I went to buy a car, I had a few in mind. My original list consisted of a Camry, Accord, Malibu, and an Altima. The new Camry was well, a Camry. The only V6 in my price range was the LE (good luck finding one with a V6), that's not much. The Accord was refurbished but basically the same car from 4 years ago. The Altima was a skiddish car and I would have been buying a used 3.5. The Malibu SS had everything I wanted except a sunroof, standard. 18in wheels, 4 wheel disc, abs, side airbags (5* crash test), sport suspension, remote start, climate control, cruise control, three spoke wheel. Since it was a really big dealership needing every sell it could get, I was able to haggle it to 22k!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.