2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: What a pile of you-know-what!!

2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

What a pile of you-know-what!!!
By killrhedake on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and I bought this car from our local Chevrolet dealership. We bought it used with 6,000 miles. 8,000- replace front and rear brakes. 10,000 miles- replaced tires because the wore quickly. 25,000 miles- brakes again. This time discovering the passenger side rear pad was broken in half from the force of the caliper. I have never seen that before. 38,000- Brakes and tires again! God awful rattle emitting from the passenger side dash. Windshield leaking now. CD player likes eating CDs and will not fully eject them. Replaced intake with K&N recently. 65000- Check engine light- bad O2 sensor - wheel bearings shot and replaced. Dealership now out of business. No warranty upheld by GM.

Exterior style and design. Wood grain trim interior. Otherwise pile of crap. Never again. I own a 2000 Chevrolet Police Package Impala that threw a rod bearing. When I had the engine replaced GM stated it's common. With my car and my wife's car... No More GM.

Backup warranties. Use better parts. No junk. The list could go forever. Do not buy!!