2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Safe, Reliable, and Fun Car

2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Review

Safe, Reliable, and Fun Car
By randy394 on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's been an excellent car overall. Have 58K miles right now and the only problem I've ever had is some exhaust gasket that needed to be replaced for $50 (which included labor). It handles very well, even during North Dakota winters. The 3.5L V6 has more than enough power for merging and passing and gets as good of gas mileage as many 4 cylinders do. The factory stereo is one of the best I've ever heard for a family sedan - although the rear speakers aren't the greatest. They sound a bit "spongy". Just a side note... most of the bad reviews I've read are about the Maxx. Not sure why there'd be that big of a difference, but it is something I've noticed.

3.5L 200HP V6 that has great power AND fuel economy, TAPShift Manual Shifting, factory stereo sounds great, Driver Information Center

I don't know why they put the Driver Information Center in the radio. I considered replacing the stereo so I could have an AUX jack, but it costs a lot of extra money to buy an adapter to keep the DIC features.