2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Review: Great Car

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Review

Great Car
By Lumber Baron on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Leased this car 3 yrs ago & have nearly 36k on it now. Lease will end in April and I may just buy it as it has been all that I could ask for & more. Just one trip back to the dealer for warranty work - dim light in radio & clunk in steering. Fixed both in about 1/2 hr. I tracked the mileage for the 1st 30k, recording every gallon used. Averaged 29.8 mpg for the 3 yrs & got as high as 40 mpg on 1 trip. Just returned from 2500 mile trip with 4 adults & trunk full of luggage. Averaged 30.2 mpg for the trip. This has been a great car, adequate performance, good ride, reliable, trouble free. Well thought out interior with lots of room. I much prefer it to my wifes 08 Saturn Aura XR.

Great value for the price - very well equipped for a base model. Awesome gas mileage, trouble free driving. Seats are very comfortable, as is the ride. I like the electric power steering over the pump type on wife's car - much lighter to turn.

Better hold open device on front doors - they don't stay open very well. Headlights tend to vibrate - common problem. That's all I can think of!