2006 Chevrolet Malibu 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Doesn't stand out, but very

2006 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Doesn't stand out, but very good overall
By Submariner on

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After six months of ownership, I am very pleased with my 2006 Malibu LT V6. My two previous cars were a 1998 Malibu LS V6, and then a 2002 Ford Taurus SE. Compared to the 98, this picks up where they left off, the engine, going from the 3.1L to the 3.5L is great! The fuel mileage is fantastic (I average 450 miles out of a 16-gal tank on pure highway driving, whereas the Taurus was lucky to get 400 out of an 18-gal tank, and the Taurus had a smaller engine!) I thought the engine-transmission combination on the Malibu could use some extra gears, to keep up with the competition, but the transmission in the 2006 Malibu mates beautifully and provides excellent power on demand.

Favorite Features

Interior fit & finish is a step in the right direction, the 2006 refresh steering wheel, chrome gauge & radio/climate control trim really set off the all- black interior. Ergonomics are great as well as the tilt/telescoping steering wheel. Great for long trips, awesome gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Could benefit from standard power seats and foglights on the LT trim at the least. Also, would be nice with more gears on the transmission.