2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Malibu SS Nicest buy out there
By Kerry on 06/20/06 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Since purchasing this wonderful automobile I now know for sure that American cars deliver a lot of value for the buck. The car rides and handles extremly well and has a lot of eye appeal. Test drive the SS and you'll be buying one. I did for my wife and she loves it. A complete package of comfort style and conveince all built into one great automobile. With 240 HP the SS will deliver all the power you''ll need.

Great first car
By meg on 06/11/06 21:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I went from a '95 Corsica to this car and I must say, I am definitly pleased. Same engine, 2x the horsepower, the pick up on it is great.

Malibu meets the test
By HighMileageDad on 06/07/06 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Malibu LT2 is a good vehicle with great gas milage. Being slightly smaller than the 2006 Impala, it is well worth the savings to purchase over the Impala if you do not have children or large passengers. Appealing to the eye, fun to drive, good gas mileage, a little noisy on the road, but a good car.

Gave American cars a shot
By tyler drew on 05/28/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I am pleased with the vehicle except for the gas mileage. It is for me nowhere near the stated rating, however, I drive with a very heavy foot. The acceleration is nice for the size engine, and the LTZ package offers all the extras except for a moon roof (which I opted for). So far,(3 months) I have found the build quality to be acceptable and I haven't had any problems at all. My wife likes the car also, and among vehicles at a comparable price, I think it is a good choice. For me, the Altima, Camry and Maxima didn't do it for me with their interior design (dahboard, cluster arrangements). I figured American manufacturers will have to get their act together, so I gave them a shot.

Love it!
By Mom2TwoLil1s on 05/11/06 07:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Ford truck before my car, and I have got too say I love my car! I get where I need to go faster because of the easy handling, and not having to fill up on gas everyday! I have 2 small boys and I feel safe in this car that if an accident did occur they would fine. Also my OnStar is a huge plus, very helpful people that are outgoing and willing to go the extra mile to help you out!

A Good Value
By EddieC on 05/09/06 11:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased my Malibu last fall and have found it to be a superb vehicle. My car has the 3.5L V6 and plenty of get- up-and-go. I drove the Accord, Civic, Camry, and Corolla, but none of them were this nice for this price (I got mine for around $22k). I've got nearly 10,000 miles on it and had no problems at all. I get about 30 miles per gallon with about an even balance of driving in town and on the highway.

Love it so far!
By L Reeve on 04/27/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've only had my car 10 days but I have to say, it rides like a dream. I have filled up my tank once and am already getting 23 mpg. in town with lots of stop and go. That is equal to the 4 cyl. car I traded in. Ride is quiet and smooth. Lots of compliments about the new body style and overall look of the car.

Good Value
By dew on 04/27/06 16:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Pros - lots of bells and whistles for the money. Cons - problems with interior fit. Replaced dash cowl because it warped within 2 days of ownership. A piller trim now separating with the hot sun.

A good car
By Denis on 04/18/06 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was hesitating between a Mazda3, a Sonata and a Jetta. I finally choose the Malibu because of the price and the rating which was not so bad. After almost two months of ownership, and a trip of 2400 km (1500 mi.), I find this car very pleasant. Good seating position for a six footer, very good fuel economy, good acceleration and a feel of solidity. I don't regret my old car (1993 Mercury Grand Marquis) and hope that this Malibu will be of good service.

What an amazing car!!!
By Silly Sara on 02/15/06 20:30 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

The car is easy to drive. I love how you can just get in it and go with the remote start. I like the easy access to the radio through the steering wheel controls. I like the safety of the automatic door locking feature when the car goes into gear. I have never seen a car with a telescoping steering wheel before, that amazes me! There is more than enough room inside the car for passengers as well as cargo. The passenger seat folding flat just adds to the cargo space what will they think of next? Pretty cool how the information displays on the radio (low fuel, etc.).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.