2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:
Terrible Car
By Ken on 08/18/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Poorly made. Cheap plastic all over the inside. Seat already falling apart. Middle console made of cheap plastic. A/C compresser locked up, threw a belt, overheated. Two weeks to get a part due to backorder (which should tell you that there are problems with this vehicle). I should have never purchased GM. I'm going back to Honda and Toyota.

Great Trade
By Nick on 08/06/06 22:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I am a tall/big man. Plenty of room for me. Dumped my H2 for better gas mileage. Completely pleased with the performance, style and GM quality! It drives and handles like a luxury car. One of the best in its price range! My friends think I am driving a $35,000 car! Exceeds expectations. If I want more, I'd have to pay more.

Go Chevy
By FL Banker on 07/28/06 15:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Smooth ride, exceptional power, drinks gas like a 4 cylinder, very comfortable driving position due to tilt/telescoping wheel, power seat and lumbar adjustment for my back. Headlights are extremely bright (almost like HID's) and the lighted cruise and radio controls on the steering wheel are not often found even on premium vehicles. Way to go Chevy!

Lots of Fun for Not a Ton (of $)
By Gene on 07/27/06 20:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I cut my performance car teeth on the likes of a Chevelle SS396 and can honestly say that this Malibu SS is a blast to drive. Different of course, but the fun factor has returned. One has to be ready for some pretty heavy torque steer, but once adjusting for that the car can launch "very energetically". The SS's styling and stance are executed very nicely, and it doesn't look like a clone of everything else on the road. The seats are very comfortable, the controls are simple and have a good feel, and it has excellent load capacity, especially in the trunk. The relatively low price for the performance is a definite bonus. Test one, you'll like it! Good job, Chevrolet and GM Performance!

Cheaply Built
By jess_wells on 07/25/06 21:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased this vehicle almost a year ago, and we've replaced the brakes twice. Neither sun visor stays up and the plastic mirror cover is broken on both sun visors. There is a rattling noise under the dash board that rattles loudly between 40 and 55 mph. The car has a difficult time starting, and we often have to turn the key three or four times to get the car to start. The dealer denies there is a problem with the way the car starts, and they say they can not fix the sun visors. We have a three day appointment to get the noise "looked at", but the dealer will most likely need to keep the car additional days to tear into the dash board, if they admit they can hear the sound.

Gotta love it!
By Good thoughts! on 07/18/06 21:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for the money. I love the gas mileage but without the A/C on. I have owned my Malibu for 10 months and am very satisfied with my purchase. I have three children and there is enough room for them all. I highly recommend this car to others looking for a reasonable, cute, car.

Classy Chevy
By zak on 07/09/06 13:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A very comfortable car to drive with the tilt/telescopic wheel and power height adjustable seat. V6 engine is quite powerful and is averaging about 34 mpg on the highway. City driving is about 20 mpg. Test drove Camry, Altima and Fusion. All were noisier with the 4 cyld and not as peppy, yet cost the same as the V6 Malibu.

Malibu LTZ
By Stinkiesx2 on 07/05/06 22:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded an '05 Escape for the '06 Malibu LTZ. I absolutely love it. I was worried about stepping down from an SUV but with more options at an affordable price and O% financing, you can't go wrong.

European Car for American Car Price
By Alyce on 06/29/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I needed to rent a car from Avis they gave me the Malibu I kept thinking to myself "Why do I like this car so much?" After doing some research I noticed they based this car on the SAAB no wonder it has the Euro feel to it. I ended up returning the rental car and drove right to the Chevy dealer and leased a Malibu that day. I would have never in a million years thought I would like a Chevy Malibu but I really adore this car and kudos to Chevy for the design and value of this automobile.

1ST Chevy, Very Pleased
By pdxmedic on 06/21/06 22:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the interior design of the vehicle with the chrome use and the look of the gauge cluster. The exterior is a little boxy looking, but none the less still a great car. So far the MPG is the most impressive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.