Used 2006 Chevrolet Malibu Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Malibu - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Malibu

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

22 times in the shop
By lives in the shop

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car new! It was in the shop from week one, which the guys in the service dept have bent over backwards for me. They did not design or build the car, not their fault. The rattle was finally fixed, after the 3rd visit struts replace, strut mounts replaced 2 times in first yr, rack and pinion replaced? steering column sleeve replaced at 34,000 miles visor 2 times radio replaced ac fan motor, Car drifts to left all the time Car is very loud with road, noise brakes are showing signs of issues. Haven't taken it back in yet. Headlights shake even if road is smooth. This is my 3rd Malibu and last Chevy.

Remote start, adjustable steering column. Look of the car.

Better quality parts. Car was not cheap but rides cheap. I'm disappointed in the purchase of my first new car.

Great Car
By Rick

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I drive 600 miles per week in this car and it has been flawless in 109000 miles I still have not done a brake job on this car yet!!! I have done oil changes and a set of tires and thats it in 109000 miles!!! I tuned it up at 100000 just as normal maintenence. I alwas get 30-35 miles per gallon depending how fast I am driving. This car has been outstanding!

No certain favorite just seems like a stylish and roomy car for the money I paid.

Interior dome light function is difficult to work right and keep on the correct setting put the control back on the dash.

I love my SS
By nmartinez

2006 Chevrolet Malibu SS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 06 Chevy Malibu SS last year. It had 21K mi on it and came from Louisiana. I've had it for exactly 1 year now, it has 40K mi on it and runs perfectly. I've never had a problem with this car. The only fluid I had to refill was Anti-freeze and I did that at 30K mi. So no big. The car has yet to disappoint me. This is my first Chevy, and it performs excellent in all the elements. Which is a plus, because Missouri weather is always unpredictable. The only thing I wish it could do better on is gas mileage. I get around 19-22 city and 26-28 hwy. But...it has a 3.9 L engine so I'm happy with what I get.

I love the interior, it has a large backseat and has spacious trunk...which if you look from the compact exterior it's deceiving. I really like the instrument panels as well. Very sharp interior and exterior on the Malibu SS.

Superb Vehicle
By Randy H

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was my second Malibu - had a 2004 totalled in accident. Loved the 2004 so much I wanted nothing else besides another Malibu. Have had it over two years and put 52,000 miles on it, and never had it in the shop other than routine maintanence like oil changes and tire rotations. It gets better gas mileage than even some 4-cylinder engines.

Sound quality for a factory stereo is exceptional, best I've heard in a standard family sedan. Manual shift buttons are nice, and hard to find. A/C cools quick.

Car is not the most comfortable. Seats are too firm. Wish the adjustable pedals were standard, miss those from my '04 Malibu. CD Player, although sounds great, is very picky. Some CDs won't play, even though they work in other players. Overall, though, this car has little improvement needed.

$22000 Junk
By MALIBU

2006 Chevrolet Malibu LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 19,000 miles on it when it was a year old. Had to have steering gear replaced under warranty at 35,000 miles and now at 66,000 miles it needs replaced again. The rear tires which have good tread make such a noise in cabin it's terrible. Actually sounds like bad bearings. Today the dash evidently developed a short in instrument panel as the gas gauge quit and the temp gauge goes 0 to half then back again. This car cost approximately $23,000 new and at 2 yrs old and 66,000 miles it is going to start costing me due to evidently cheap parts. Chevy lost a repeat customer due to this car of poor quality. Toyota here I come.

For $23,000 you should build a car that can at least run 100,000 miles before it becomes a problem.